Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Masters

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Just sat down to watch it (will miss a chunk of it this afternoon as I want to watch the Leinster match). Can’t decide who I think will win this one!

Some start by Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Think Trump is going to take the win pretty handily today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭tanko

Yeah, Judd looking very sharp so far. A long way to go yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

zuutroy wrote: »
    Think Trump is going to take the win pretty handily today.

Yeah I said earlier I feel he'll take it. He's played flawlessly today so far.

Very early days yet. Cue ball control exemplary both frames so far, can sometimes let himself down in that area. Confidence should be sky high now at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Some miss on the red to middle from Ronnie in frame 3. Be disappointed meself to miss that. Trump on top in safety, many probably expected a shootout today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

4-0 to Trump at the midsession interval, with Ronnie's pot success rate just 62%.

Had to be 4-0 for his sake the way he’s playing as well as ronnie just not getting into it yet. Safety excellent, long potting ferocious (must be 90% at least), if he keeps that standard up going to very hard for ronnie to get back into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Got tickets to both Semi finals and the final to this next year...Will try again for Crucible tickets, but very happy to get them ðŸ˜...

Mid session interval has helped Ronnie, seems like he has woken up!

Not there yet for ronnie, Judd looking at a 6-3 session lead at worst here. 7-2 maybe on the cards at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ronnie would happily take 6-3 at this stage.

Actually are they playing 9 frames this session?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Trump taking some risky shots and they are all dropping, on another day lots of those risky shots would not drop, has made the most of his luck today,

Yeah 9 frames, don’t mind what taylor says

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Don't see a comeback from here. Even from 6-2 let alone 7-1 going into tonight.

Yeah 9 frames, don’t mind what taylor says
    ...it's only 8 frames today, 11 this evening...

No, they're playing 8 frames this afternoon.

...it's only 8 frames today, 11 this evening...

Could be 3 this evening the way things are going.

• Advertisement

Yeah sorry am wrong there. Humblest apologies to Dennis

• Registered Users Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Trump leads 7-1, continues this evening at 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Game over, O'Sullivan will come out and go through the motions tonight to get the 3 frames out of the way as fast as he can..

...Never would have seen 7-1 Trump...It's the best I've seen him play in a long time, and Ronnie doesn't look comfortable at all...Big 8th frame, and Ronnie needed to clear up there... As good as he is, I'm not sure how he wins it from here...

That was a chance for ronnie, would have hoovered those up at his best.

Big ask now but am reminded of Paul Hunter back in the day, one of my favorite ever finals. 2-3 frames off the cuff and he could yet offer some hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Hed need a lot of help from Trump to mount a comeback now, very hard to see it.

Not impossible but highly unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭tanko

...Never would have seen 7-1 Trump...It's the best I've seen him play in a long time, and Ronnie doesn't look comfortable at all...Big 8th frame, and Ronnie needed to clear up there... As good as he is, I'm not sure how he wins it from here...

The funny thing about this match is that i dont think Trump is playing as well as he can, Ronnie has been so hopeless that Trump cant really lose the frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

Ronnie hasn't showed up today unfortunately. Granted, Trump is playing at a level I've not really seen him at, and he's tied Ronnie up in knots...but Ronnie has had chances that he's fluffed. It's all but over really. Can't see a huge pendulum swing tonight, Trump has been too good.

First of the evening session to Ronnie. Can’t see him winning, but hoping there’s a decent comeback at least for an extra hour or two of snooker :D

• Advertisement

...Clinical 10th frame by Trump, Gppd break off by O'Sullivan and that was it for him..Trump in again now, could be a quick evening...

Advertisement