Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Masters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Hallett on eurosport said Ding intends to get married in the crucible. Has it booked he said. Bit corny eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Am sure I have heard ding refer to his partner as his wife in recent interviews, maybe I picked it up wrong. But I like the attitude he’s showing this past while, looking like the whole weight of the world isn’t resting on his shoulders anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

I thought Ding got married in 2014. They had their first child, a baby girl, last August.

Could be renewal of vows or something like that, does sound bit of a tall story to be frank but anything is possible at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

AllForIt wrote: »
    Hallett on eurosport said Ding intends to get married in the crucible. Has it booked he said. Bit corny eh!

Giving Brian from Coventry wedding ideas there.

I see Brian is back in the front row here with his different Coventry shirts each session. Hearn didn't extend the football shirt ban to the Masters anyhow.

• Advertisement

...... But I like the attitude he’s showing this past while, looking like the whole weight of the world isn’t resting on his shoulders anymore.

Yes he always looked somewhat uptight. I don't know if that's the Chinese way or his particular personality but he does look more relaxed of late for sure.

That had to be a push shot all the time whether you could actually see it or not. Second one today imo. Day coincidentally with a blue into the same pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

That escape from bracel was excellent. Did he really mean to get it back in that close to the yellow though, or was he just trying to get it close to the cushion as he could.

Bit of a shocker that...

Unreal. Ding forfeits the frame after three misses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Wow, I can’t believe Ding lost that frame on the three miss rule. He couldn’t have left much on there by putting a bit more power into it!

What a silly mistake. It's not like the reds were all on and straightforward to clear up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

U DINGbat,just the 3or4 time I've ever seen that

Should have hit it but I don’t think you take the risk in that situation. Reckless in the extreme.

Some booing from the audience there.

I don’t think so. I think it was the crowd saying Luuuuuuuca. Like the way they do for one of the golfers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Nah it was the Brecel fans saying "LUUUUUCA" like Springsteen fans say "BRUUUUCE"
    Del Boy wrote: »
    I don’t think so. I think it was the crowd saying Luuuuuuuca. Like the way they do for one of the golfers

Exactly yeah. "GOOOOOCH"

Ah okay! I thought they were booing him!

Looks like we are going to head to a final frame decider!

Ah okay! I thought they were booing him!

Haha yeah so did Virgo.

• Advertisement

Brecel gets the first chance...

I was just going to say that you would fancy Ding if he keeps it tight but he didn't by going for that double that can always possibly go wrong which it did.

What a miss on the red by Brecel

Can’t see Ding losing now

Twitch!

Tough game, brecel going to have to go off and stew on that missed red for the next few weeks.

What a miss on the red by Brecel

Cost him the match. He won't forget that miss for a long time.

The way he rushed his last shot was strange too, was sure he was going to come up off the shot and steady himself but just stayed down, pulled trigger and missed. Definitely talented but remains a work in progress does luca.

The other two quarterfinals are tomorrow...

1pm: Mark Selby vs Judd Trump

7pm: Barry Hawkins vs Neil Robertson

• Advertisement

Poor start from both, very nervy, several chances spurned already.

Advertisement