Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RSA ad on unaccompanied L drivers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

I think both are an issue, drink driving far worse than driving unaccompanied.

She’s received her punishment, 15 year ban is a long time and a lot to explain. As does the guilt

She can apply for a driving restoration about half way through tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

JeffKenna wrote: »

I also think the wall was damaged as opposed to a gaping gap.

It went through the gap

Sgt McNamara said that there had been a gap in the wall for many years. In the collision, the Clancys’ car flipped over and went through this gap

Whose land is the bridge on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Patww79 wrote: »
    Someone who hasn't killed anyone.

Don't ever be that sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

And I quote “Hopefully she wakes up to the first thought of the two people she killed every single morning though, that would be the very least she deserves”

If you can’t see that’s vengeance, you’re delusional Pat

"punishment inflicted or retribution exacted for an injury or wrong" - vengeance.

It's like talking to a plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Try as you might, you can't make that one true. Basically making stuff up at this stage to try conjure a bit of outrage.

He literally repeated your OWN post and pointed to it’s severe vengeful tone.
    How that then becomes “making stuff up” is beyond me

• Advertisement

Don't ever be that sure.

Bet nobody calls this worrying though. Is that a threat?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,250 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

No issue with the ad - why use makey uppey stories that are not real. Use real life stories to hit home that you - a unlicensed driver do not have the skills to be driving illegally by yourself - look at this story where someone thought they should be exempt from the law and ended up killing someone.
    As for the sentence I believe anyone killing someone in a road accident should be charged with manslaughter. When all you get for destroying a family is a driving ban and a stern telling off then what kind of signal does that send to all the people in the future that do the same thing thinking they are excellent drivers and nothing could ever happen
    If you intentionally go out and do something knowing full well what you are doing is illegal then you should expect to be hit with the full force of the law

Roll on the next unlicensed driver killing someone or seriously harming them.

road_high wrote: »
    He literally repeated your OWN post and pointed to it’s severe vengeful tone.
    How that then becomes “making stuff up” is beyond me

Ah, it's TONE now.

:D

splinter65 wrote: »
    I’m not making anything up at all. Your posts paint a picture of a person totally lacking in any human mercy or even basic empathy. It’s very straightforward. Point to where you have shown even a smidgen of mercy for this young girl?

I don't show any mercy towards her. I don't think he deserves any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Bet nobody calls this worrying though. Is that a threat?

Nope. What's to say you won't go out to work Monday morning and slay a whole family by sheer accident?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Someone who hasn't killed anyone.

Yet. Hasn’t killed anyone yet, Pat. There but for the grace of God pat. Ever heard that expression?

Ah, it's TONE now.

:D

Yes of course, you hardly thought we meant you were literally going to physically seek vengeance on the girl?
    Though going by your posts on here I definitely wouldn’t put it past you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

"punishment inflicted or retribution exacted for an injury or wrong" - vengeance.

It's like talking to a plant.

Could go on all night but it’s like talking to a wall.

You sound very sad & bitter. Enjoy your night :D

I’ll leave this quote for you again: “Hopefully she wakes up to the first thought of the two people she killed every single morning though, that would be the very least she deserves”

Vile

Yes of course, you hardly thought we meant you were literally going to physically seek vengeance on the girl?
    Though going by your posts on here I definitely wouldn’t put it past you

That's what you and the cronies have been getting at all along. Read it back bub.

That last part is as bad as anything you lot have accused me of and you've absolutely none of the high ground left that you put yourself on now. Vile indeed.

I don't show any mercy towards her. I don't think he deserves any.

So... you don’t like our justice system or any justice system in the developed world. Interesting.
    What’s your idea of how a justice system should operate Pat. Sharia Law? No actually even Sharia Law does allow for some mercy.
    No really this girl deserves no mercy so can you describe what you think would have been a suitable punishment. A punishment for someone who deserves no mercy shown them.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,248 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    But MUCH more likely to be caused by an inexperienced driver.
    28112827 wrote: »
    It would be interesting to see those stats. Can you provide a link to where they are published?
    RSA have indicated that approximately 12 fatalities per year involve leaner drivers, 10 of which are unaccompanied.
    28112827 wrote: »
    It’s been a few years since I researched this, but previously I had worked out that the vast majority of accidents involved fully licensed drivers with varying degrees of experience.
    The vast majority of collisions involved fully licensed drivers are because the vast majority of drivers are fully licensed drivers and they do the most driving.
    gctest50 wrote: »
    They were only about a kilometer from home

Is this blind bridge on their land ?
    I think that's random speculation on your behalf. Few people would have land stretching a kilometer from home. Note that driver and victims were neighbours.
    gctest50 wrote: »
    Whose land is the bridge on ?
    Bridges only public roads tend to be the responsibility of councils, not land owners.
    lbc2019 wrote: »
    by driving unaccompanied? And her with the legal qualification...
    I don’t know what legal qualification a 21 year old would have and I’m mystified as to how you imagine her qualification would have impacted her driving skills.
    She did law in college.
    She could have had her test and still been involved in that accident. Where’s there’s humans there’ll always be human error regardless of what plastic is in their wallet
    Yes, it could happen, but would be less likely to happen.
    Point to where you have shown even a smidgen of mercy for this young girl?
    The "young girl" is an adult.

Sharia law now. It has to be a wind up at this stage.

That's what you and the cronies have been getting at all along. Read it back bub.

That last part is as bad as anything you lot have accused me of and you've absolutely none of the high ground left that you put yourself on now. Vile indeed.

There’s no cronies- I just find your whole attidude horrible, cruel and unnecessarily spiteful. If other posters feel the same too then I think that says a lot. Not that you’ll listen or take anything from it.
    You come across as wanting revenge and blame at all costs with not an ounce of compsssion or understanding. You’re to be pitied tbh

I thought you were at first but clearly not!

Can you not tell us what you think is a suitable no-mercy punishment for this girl?

• Advertisement

Can you not tell us what you think is a suitable no-mercy punishment for this girl?

Custodial sentence and a lifetime driving ban.

There’s no cronies- I just find your whole attidude horrible, cruel and unnecessarily spiteful. If other posters feel the same too then I think that says a lot. Not that you’ll listen or take anything from it.
    You come across as wanting revenge and blame at all costs with not an ounce of compsssion or understanding. You’re to be pitied tbh

Wanting revenge? What am I being accused of going to do now?

Maybe you mean the TONE of revenge, just to clear it up early this time round like.

Wanting revenge? What am I being accused of going to do now?

Maybe you mean the TONE of revenge, just to clear it up early this time round like.

There’s no difference- we are on an Internet forum- are you saying we aren’t supposed to take you literally or something?

Could go on all night but it’s like talking to a wall.

You sound very sad & bitter. Enjoy your night :D

I’ll leave this quote for you again: “Hopefully she wakes up to the first thought of the two people she killed every single morning though, that would be the very least she deserves”

Vile

Why do you keep "leaving it for me"? I said it in the first place?

You'd almost imagine (especailly when you edited it in this time) that you're trying to put it on every page. Surely the cronies could coordinate that better between you all?

It is disturbing though. I’d be quite right wing and conservative myself but I can empathize because everyone of us has made mistakes especially when you’re young and most of us get away with it and there but for the grace of God go I would be a motto of mine.

There’s no difference- we are on an Internet forum- are you saying we aren’t supposed to take you literally or something?

No I'm saying that you all trying to imply that I'm going to hunt down this person and exact vengeance or revenge on her is pretty vile in my book. Looks like you all like to get the knickers in a twist when it suits but aren't very good at practicing what you're preaching when it comes to the dirty stuff.

Why do you keep "leaving it for me"? I said it in the first place?

You'd almost imagine (especailly when you edited it in this time) that you're trying to put it on every page. Surely the cronies could coordinate that better between you all?

You sound very paronoid as well as completely devoid of understanding.

Custodial sentence and a lifetime driving ban.

How long of a sentence. Bear in mind her actions resulted in 2 lives lost and you want to show no mercy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

She could have had her test and still been involved in that accident. Where’s there’s humans there’ll always be human error regardless of what plastic is in their wallet

They're not 'accidents'. They are collisions.

It's amazing how conditioned we are as a society to let motorists off the hook.

Breaking the law is not 'human error'.

• Advertisement

No I'm saying that you all trying to imply that I'm going to hunt down this person and exact vengeance or revenge on her is pretty vile in my book. Looks like you all like to get the knickers in a twist when it suits but aren't very good at practicing what you're preaching when it comes to the dirty stuff.

But you’d sooner she lived a daily living nightmare. That way you wouldn’t have to do the dirty work. Nice

Advertisement