Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old TV programmes you liked but no one else remembers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

branie2 wrote: »
    Mr Majeika, a children's TV series about a failed wizard who works as a primary school teacher.
    Was he the guy who had a tuft of hair standing up on the middle his head that wiggled or something?

I remember watching a show called Crash Palace on Sky1 back over a decade ago. It was an Australian series based around a hostel in Sydney IIRC, which honestly was rather crap but I watched anyway :) Then it suddenly stopped, presumably canned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Yes he did

The Flying Doctors

• Registered Users Posts: 28,497 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The Flying Doctors

That prompts a memory...
    A Country Practice.
    East of Eden... not sure if thats the right name Aussie mini series.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It was quite recent, but HBO's "Carnivàle" was brilliant, pity they didn't renew it after leaving it on a cliffhanger. Also relatively recent and pretty good indeed was "Dead Like Me".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

odyssey06 wrote: »
    That prompts a memory...
    A Country Practice.
    East of Eden... not sure if thats the right name Aussie mini series.

Return To Eden. A three part mini-series and then a full 22 episode series the following year.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

A V inspired episode of Bridget and Eamonn tonight. Eamonn called it a sure to be forgotten cult classic. They even took off the unhinged jaw rodent eating :pac:

Return To Eden. A three part mini-series and then a full 22 episode series the following year.
    I've vague memories of this,somebody being eaten by a crocodile

I've vague memories of this,somebody being eaten by a crocodile

Life ruined.

Round the Twist, an Australian kid's TV show set on a lighthouse where a lot of weird things happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,497 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Banzai!

Surreal, totally bonkers, 'interactive' betting show on Channel 4 from early 2000s.

Obsessed with Carol Vorderman but then who wasn't watching C4 back then.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

God, The Devil and Bob was a very funny show

James Garner from The Rockford Files was God

Lace

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

Round the Twist, an Australian kid's TV show set on a lighthouse where a lot of weird things happened

The theme tune was great. Australian kids shows were something else back then. Pugwall, The Girl from Tomorrow. Great days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Bonanza. Use to be on The Super Channel...that theme tune will be stuck in my mind all day now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Anyone remember, 77 Sunset Strip, Maverick, Have Gun Will Travel, Wagon Train, The Virginian, Cheyenne....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Anyone remember, 77 Sunset Strip, Maverick, Have Gun Will Travel, Wagon Train, The Virginian, Cheyenne....

I do ! And The Man from UNCLE . Mr Ed , Bewitched

I Dream of Jeannie, starring Larry Hagman as an astronaut who finds a magic lamp with a genie in it, and she becomes his servant and girlfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I Dream of Jeannie, starring Larry Hagman as an astronaut who finds a magic lamp with a genie in it, and she becomes his servant and girlfriend.

That one was only recently on Forces TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Wizbit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Gemini Man - series about a fella who was exposed to radiation and rendered invisible. Had a watch that made him visible but only for a certain amount of time per day and he'd be made invisible forever if he used it more.

Man from Atlantis - Patrick Duffy pre Dallas.

Fantastic Journey - another sci fi series about a group of survivors who end up on an unknown island in the Bermuda Triangle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

The Invisible Man with David McCallum. He could remove his head like Worzel Gummidge, well actually it was supposed to be a realistic looking mask but that didn't make it any less freaky.

tumblr_nxw0hvvEZJ1tmziyxo1_400.gif

The Invisible Man with David McCallum.

It's on in about 50 minutes!

.... if this was 1978 / 1979

followed by Sports Stadium at 1:40pm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

I do remember this series from my childhood and the reruns since. Piece of trivia; Barbara Eden, who played the part of Jeannie, many years later appeared as a major character in Dallas alongside Larry "J.R. Ewing" Hagman.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

It's on in about 50 minutes!

.... if this was 1978 / 1979

followed by Sports Stadium at 1:40pm.

Sports Stadium was the signal for me that the kids shows were finished and it was time to go outside and play. I hated it as it seemed to go on half the day and consisted mainly of horse racing.

Inspector Gadget, with Don Adams of Get Smart fame as the voice of the detective.

Gummy bears
    Bouncin here and there and anywhere

Duck Tales

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

The odd couple

Randall and Hopkirk deceased..

The persuarders........

• Advertisement

Scarecrow and Mrs King

Advertisement