Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old TV programmes you liked but no one else remembers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Thargor wrote: »
    Saturday nights on Network 2, along with Night Stand with Dick Detrick.

I always loved the intro to this show. I spent a day in Cleveland a few years back and this was all I could think about!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

Just Shoot Me. A American sitcom. I liked it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Duty Free, a comedy about English tourists in a Spanish resort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

I loved the Drew Carey show. I think it finished up in 2004. It was on Network 2 at odd times.

I used to love this, had a quick watch of an episode. Didn't realise(forgot) that Kate was in Scrubs.
    I really like Ryan Stiles, so had a google to see what else he was in, and a blast from the past popped up.

Parker Lewis, can't lose

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

smilerf wrote: »

I'd a soft spot for the Nanny and Mad about you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Doogie Howzer, MD. A teenager who was also a qualified doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

smilerf wrote: »
    Laura San Giacomo was a major crush of mine back in my teens, quality show aswell though, well written.

qKk7401.jpg

Anyone remember this? Runaround

Loved it as a kid- unique game I think and could certainly work again as a kids TV show?
    Mike Reed presenting here- ggggggooo is what i remember his catchphrase was.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Anyone remember this? Runaround

Loved it as a kid- unique game I think and could certainly work again as a kids TV show?
    Mike Reed presenting here- ggggggooo is what i remember his catchphrase was.

Ah yeah, Mike Reid scared me as a kid, big shouty English voice on him. Much more suited to Eastenders.

If they brought it back I don't he would host it.

Apart from his voice, the fact that he died in 2007 might be an issue.

• Advertisement

Skid X wrote: »
    Ah yeah, Mike Reid scared me as a kid, big shouty English voice on him. Much more suited to Eastenders.

If they brought it back I don't he would host it.

Apart from his voice, the fact that he died in 2007 might be an issue.

Ah, they have lots of technology stuff available now. I wouldn't worry about a little issue of him passing away.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

The Mulk wrote: »
    I used to love this, had a quick watch of an episode. Didn't realise(forgot) that Kate was in Scrubs.
    I really like Ryan Stiles, so had a google to see what else he was in, and a blast from the past popped up.

Parker Lewis, can't lose

Drew Carey show had a great cast. I have a few seasons on DVD that I break out every so often. Parker Lewis is a blast from the past. Never realised Jerry the desk clerk from ER was in it. Speaking of ER I saw Steve Carrell's new film, Beautiful Boy, tonight. Maura Tierney from ER was in it. Anyone remember another show she was in, Newsradio? Going back a good while now. It finished about 20 years ago. Phil Hartmann from the Simpsons was also in it.

Filminuto a Spanish language adult cartoon from Cuba. It consisted of a series of shorts, and was on Wednesday nights on Network 2 before The Fugitive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Flicking through the stations I came across an old episode of Taggart. I loved it when Mark McManus was in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Chances

A seedy Australian drama soap from the early 1990s on Sky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

madmaggie wrote: »
    Flicking through the stations I came across an old episode of Taggart. I loved it when Mark McManus was in it.

There's been a murther!

Dr. Snuggles, with Peter Ustinov as the voice of the doctor

Remington Steele, which made Pierce Brosnan a star years before James Bond came along

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

At this stage we should rename the thread "Old shows you liked". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭corks finest

"The Invaders" aliens in human form scared the ****e out if me70s

• Advertisement

The Visual Bible: Matthew. A TV dramatisation of the gospel, which depicted Jesus as a very happy, joyful man.

branie2 wrote: »
    The Visual Bible: Matthew. A TV dramatisation of the gospel, which depicted Jesus as a very happy, joyful man.

Don't recall that but it triggered a memory of this similar themed series which focused on Old Testament stories. Greatest Heroes Of The Bible. RTE showed it mid 80's. Very campy and low budget.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077018/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

"Mahabharat" shown in BBC in the early 90s. No-one send to recall it at all!

Twas epic, based on a Hindu epic, Mahaharata. It had it all!

From the BBC genome project:
    In India this 91-part epic drama is cult viewing for 115 million people. A dramatisation of India's greatest epic poem, it's a tale of love, war and ultimately of good triumphing over evil.

https://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/search/0/20?adv=0&q=Mahabharat&media=all&yf=1923&yt=2009&mf=1&mt=12&tf=00:00&tt=00:00#search

A programme about the Life of Jesus, using illustrations by Don Conroy.

Speedsie wrote: »
    "Mahabharat" shown in BBC in the early 90s. No-one send to recall it at all!

Twas epic, based on a Hindu epic, Mahaharata. It had it all!

From the BBC genome project:
    In India this 91-part epic drama is cult viewing for 115 million people. A dramatisation of India's greatest epic poem, it's a tale of love, war and ultimately of good triumphing over evil.

https://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/search/0/20?adv=0&q=Mahabharat&media=all&yf=1923&yt=2009&mf=1&mt=12&tf=00%3A00&tt=00%3A00#search

I've heard of it all right. Maybe saw a bit of it when it was repeated.

Mr Majeika, a children's TV series about a failed wizard who works as a primary school teacher.

branie2 wrote: »
    A programme about the Life of Jesus, using illustrations by Don Conroy.

I remember that, it was shown in the run up to Easter I think.

MGM: When the Lion Roars, a documentary series about the Hollywood studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. It was presented by Patrick Stewart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

late 80's or early 90's channel 4 used to show Kabaddi (Indian game - cross between tag and team tennis, all whislt holding ones breath - used to love it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,274 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

late 80's or early 90's channel 4 used to show Kabaddi (Indian game - cross between tag and team tennis, all whislt holding ones breath - used to love it...
    I remember watching that lol!
    they had to say kabbadi the whole time to prove they werent breathing in.

Advertisement