Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭briany

@plibige

It actually really didn't "make him out to be the aggressor" at all. He went up and spoke to him for a good 30 seconds before it kicked off. Then clearly Jungle Boy said something to make him lose it, CM Punk admitted he choked him, and guess what we saw, he choked him. Nothing new was proven, in fact it was what Punk said.

Sports are not a normal work place, you see people screaming in each others faces all the time, tussling and grabbing is normal. It's never going to be "safe" like an office. Is Punk right, no, is his behaviour out of place for that industry, there's plenty like him, some a lot worse.

We can say we don't know what Tony felt, but we saw nothing to back up what he said. If you show the video, you'd want it to justify what you said on national television. The average person looked at last nights clip and said "was that it?"

The big takeaway from all of this is that Tony Kahn is not a boss. He's a nice guy. The assertion that he feared for his life has to go down in history as one of the most cringeworthy statements ever made by a wrestling promoter and the respect for him from his talent will only extend as far as his money goes. As far as being a personality who can marshal a locker room of wrestlers, he doesn't have that whatsoever. The fact that he insists on involving himself backstage shows that he wants to live out a fantasy of being the next Mr. McMahon (without the alleged head shítting) as opposed to someone who just builds a successful wrestling promotion. He'd be far better off removing himself from the locker room entirely and appointing a head booker who can actually face down wrestlers when they get a bit hot headed, and then have that booker report to him while he oversees the general direction of the company. He's a dweeb among men.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Good stuff, delighted they're going to AEW and not elsewhere!

Bucks/MCMG feud coming out of Dynasty would be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ThePott

Honestly think AEW need them more at the moment too.

Their tag division is in scutters between the trios titles, injuries and the like.

you’d wonder what’s wrong with some people…

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pretty decent dynamite, loved the ending with the Swerve spot on the security, definitely feel he's beating Joe on Sunday.

Jericho segment was awful and I've zero interest but worried he will beat Hook

Ruby Soho confirming she’s pregnant after the show. Apparently her relationship with Angelo is legit 😂

Cesaro vs Osprey was a banger. Swerve stomp to ten guys on the outside was a brilliant visual. Really need to see him win this weekend. Joe has had a good run but it’s absolutely time now.

Good enough Dynamite with the ending promo and Ospreay/Claudio being the highlight.

Forgot Dynasty was Sunday, haven't been mad about all the build but the card is a banger for sure. Mind you was hoping we'd have shorter PPVs now that AEW do more of them but we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,085 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Even as a Jericho fan, I think he could do with taking time off and limiting his involvement, was hoping Taz would choke him out

Money Sasha, bad talking plus awful hair and outfit, just can't get behind her in AEW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Pentecost

She was never great at promos really, even if she could present her character well. So having her do pretty much nothing but promos for a couple of months isn't the best way to use her. I get that they were paying her a lot of money so they wanted to get something from her but I'm not sure this is doing anyone any favours. And that theme is awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Warner Bros exclusive negotiating window with the NBA is expected to end without a deal being reached. This could be huge news for AEW if the NBA leaves Warner television. Warner will need something to fill the live midweek nights the NBA is on.

Regards,

P.

Tony needs to bring in Maharaja in a one shot deal to job to Hook in 10 seconds now

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,863 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'm looking very forward to Dynasty

The card looks pretty epic

WIll it be Swerve's big night

They really need to pull the trigger on him tonight

Already teasing Wardlow being kicked out of undisputed kingdom, which would build into mjf returning to align with eachother?

Jericho a champ again, why, Hook should have won

Agreed, Jericho clearly doesn't like putting young people over. He needs to go away for awhile as he's not needed taking up time every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A whole new ratings system needs to be invented after that Ospreay vs. Danielson match they just broke the star ratings system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems Tony realised he made a mistake. He accidentally had 2 women's matches so had to make the TBS title match really short. 😀 Maybe Julia is working injured? Unfortunately for Willow, Sasha will likely take it off her, though Willow deserves it more.

Meant to say the last day, did Jericho really just decide to start referring to himself as "The Learning Tree"?

Seeing the 3 singles champions in the one 6 man match made me wonder how long of a PPV they would have to have if every title was being defended, assuming every title got a decent length match. Was actually surprised they reduced the number by unifying the trios titles.

Danielson vs Osprey was utterly incredible. That it lived up to expectations is a testament to both men. Easily one of the greatest matches I've seen. I hate the thought of "each and every true wrestling fan needs to watch this match" in general, but I do feel it's the type of match you need to go out of your way to watch. Bryan deserves to be on the Mount Rushmore of pro wrestling, and Osprey has to be the brightest talent I've seen in decades. it's crazy how much potential his career has.

Similarly, I'm so glad they finally pulled the trigger on Swerve. I'm happy Joe got that reign he did, as he has always deserved to be the top guy for a bit. But it was absolutely the time for that reign to transition to Swerve, and I feel Swerve has so much potential now for main event matches.

Swerve is 33 and Osprey is 30. Those two are going to be the lifeblood of AEW for the next decade.

Still have to watch the Bucks vs FTR, but have already seen the ending. That smug grin was so pitch perfect 😂

That match will be one used to teach young wrestlers for years to come the story telling both of them did throughout that match was amazing. That is going to be nearly impossible to top as match of the year.

Swerve just oozes superstar and is now rightly the man.

A 9.5 out of 10 PPV for me.

Regards,

P.

Was Bryan legit injured or just kayfabe?

Danielson vs Osprey the greatest match in AEW history.

Just simple as that

Seems to be just kayfabe. The lad is such an incredible seller, lol

Look at the grin on this, man this was so good.

TYB v FTR was so freaking good. I think we all knew Jack was going to return but I was engrossed in this match I completely forgot Jack was bound to come

I think this Young Bucks v FTR match is there best match to date, unbelievable hard hitting match

Outstanding PPV, as always regardless of build or whatever else is going on AEW deliver when it comes to PPVs (long may it continue as they increase the output of PPVs).

First off, yes. Danielson/Ospreay is one of the best matches of all time. Possibly the best in AEW history (which is saying a lot about AEW in its short run). How two of these lads managed to surpass expectations is beyond me. The cutter into the knee was amazing and absolutely surgical in precision. I will say I didn't love selling an injury that extent (only cause Danielson was so damn convincing). Excellent though, star system absolutely shattered.

Okada and Pac was good, especially the ending. Best we've seen of Okada in AEW so far. Toni/TR was great, also the best we've seen of Rosa since his return, hope she's not forgotten about again. Roddy/KOR was nice and stiff even though I didn't care for the programme. Young Bucks vs FTR was excellent. Jack Perry's sh1t eating grin was really funny and security made it look legit. If the reactions are that good going forward then this could totally work. Unless, it's just because it's a return. Main event was good with the right choice made, even though I wouldn't have hated him winning at DoN. Keeping an eye out for all the people always maddened by Gargano's geeky attire to keep that energy for Swerve haha.

Outside of that, six man match was forgettable enough. Edge getting misted, wonder if he gets corrupted and forms the Judgement Day again. Women's match deserved longer although heard Julia might be hurt. Jericho needs to get lost, please retire is harsh but he's a detriment at the moment tbh. Hook losing is dumb.

Hangman has deleted everything off his Instagram, presumably due to his anger at Swerve winning the big one 😂

• Advertisement

Omega returns next week, wonder is he actually 100% recovered or will the elite attack him to put him out for longer?

Advertisement