Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

1.1 million viewers again, for what was not a massively stacked card. A great sign.

Loved the Black/Cody match. Black's introduction has been excellent.

Juvi/Jericho wasn't great. Started out very ropey but it did improve.

I like how most matches on Dynamite are happening for a reason - Nyla/Statlander have a confrontation this week justifying the match next week. This stuff isn't rammed down the viewers throat, and just feels natural.

I also like how they run the Dark and Elevation results across the bottom of the screen. It's a simple but effective tool in conveying that wins and losses matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,578 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When can we expect Flair, to bring Rhodes out of "retirement"

• Registered Users Posts: 60,426 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

With the top of the card becoming stacked now and If they do add Adam Cole and with a very solid midcard I wouldn't mind seeing AEW doing a tournament similar to NJPW's G1 over the course of the winter months.

Warner Media look like they are really getting behind AEW now.

AEW and WarnerMedia Have Multiple Unannounced Shows In Development

The Wrestling Observer  reports that other than AEW Rampage and the upcoming Cody & Brandi Rhodes reality series Rhodes to the Top, AEW and WarnerMedia have “multiple” shows in development that they have yet to announce.

It was also noted that WarnerMedia posted a job listing looking to hire someone on their end to be a “creative liaison” for AEW, along with TNT’s other original scripted shows. AEW is listed as the main focus, however.

The plan is for Warner to help AEW expand into other platforms like comic books, NFTs, EST distribution and more streaming. The job will go between AEW and the rest of WarnerMedia about business development, marketing and public relations. WarnerMedia will also work with the new position to oversee scripts of the new shows. The listing is seeking experience at the executive level in TV with a “working knowledge or focus on wrestling.” They also want someone with “excellent connections” in entertainment and someone who can manage multiple projects under a limited amount of time.

• Advertisement

Don't know if it's because legally I don't think he can offer him a contract while under contract with WWE so he doesn't want to get in trouble or he doesn't want to get peoples hopes up and he's not signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,966 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

He signed a short term deal through Summerslam I thought

I heard his contract expired in July and he's only there as a verbal agreement for the summer slam weekend

Feels like it changes like the weather lol

WWE sources have indicated that Cole is scheduled to be backstage at tonight's episode of WWE Smackdown for what is being called a "high level meeting" with Vince McMahon.

Hopefully Cole wont be fooled

if he doesnt go to AEW I rather he stay in NXT, stay well clear of anything that involves Vince

• Advertisement

Wouldn't he not be able to stream on twitch if he moved to the main roster? Which he is supposedly very passionate about. Suppose the balls in his court and he could get them to let him continue streaming.

Still ridiculous that they don't let people stream on twitch

Airing an episode of Dark tonight to get everyone used to a Friday night show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

I'd be happy with Adam Cole in AEW if only because in WWE there's only two options.

1) He stays in NXT where he's done everything he can possibly do and at this stage him being there is just damaging his appeal.

2) He goes to main roster where he'll probably get the initial push and then be forgotten. I don't think Vince will ever see him as a main event talent.

I'd say if Cole's having the big meeting with Vince today, we'll find out over the weekend if he re-signs or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

Think that was the initial report or was misinterprted that way, seems the guy who broke the Cole story confirmed though that he signed a short extension to Summerslam.

Cole might be clever enough to sign a one year extension to his WWE contract and see where the landscape lies next summer.

Jumping in right as Punk and Bryan arrive would overshadow his arrival.

or sign with AEW and take a break for a couple of months before debuting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did Diamante just quote the wise words of Dominic Toretto?

I was thinking I wouldn't mind seeing this incarnation of the Dark Order actually spilt up now and go there own way even creating some internal feuds to turn the face and heel instead of a comedy act.

There is a couple of tag/trio's teams that can be made from the members and 10 could break out to be a singles competitor.

Anna Jay when she comes back needs to be hot shoted as a singles star or a the very least back with Tay away from the Dark Order.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm still pissed they didn't give the Dark Order the tag title shot. Sick of the Young Bucks hogging the belts

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I wonder if they'll do a bit where Hangman wins back a title shot and trades it for a shot at the Bucks for the Dark Order? They're getting the Impact titles match as a consolation prize at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Shaq appearance on the first Rampage? Wouldn't assume it's gonna be Brandi.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Likely be a woman since Britt has Rebel. Sure Red Velvet had been teaming with Big Swole and Kilynn King lately

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Is it not obvious Brandi is teasing her own appearance.

Messi to AEW?

Andrade wants to bring the wife and Ric to AEW, He also wants Rush & Dragon Lee to join as well.

Charlotte has trademarked Ashley Flair & The Queen of Wrestling using the same trademark attorney that handles trademarks for AEW and Conrad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Emi Sakura is heading to AEW full time, which is great news as she's very good in ring but also an excellent trainer so she should be a good asset.

I'm gonna guess there's not too many ChocoPro fans on here but apparently she's bringing LuLu Pencil with her. The thought of the Pencil Army appearing in AEW is absolutely nuts, love it.

We finally found out what the Hangman DVD was in BTE

Really enjoyed that Dark Order segment, I always choke up when i see Brodie too

The Hangman story is going to pay off big

A few on twitter saying that Rampage is on the schedule on the fite TV app (live Friday night/Saturday morning at 3am). Haven't checked myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Advertisement