Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,852 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since everyone talks about his mind and creativity, why not hire him for that role rather than an active wrestler? Have him backstage coming up with stuff.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yeah I imagine he would make an excellent producer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Baffled by that idea.

Have we just decided that all the awful, awful Bray Wyatt stuff of the last 7 years was the office but the small crumbs we did like was him?

I would steer well clear if I were AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

There's lots in WWE that would be big gets for AEW and guys that I generally wouldn't be surprised if they were released or ran down their contracts.

There's a few that you'd be half expecting on a cut list in the next year that would be instant signings imo (Keith Lee, Mustafa Ali, Ricochet).

AEW are definitely getting to the point where they need to release guys themselves though. I know some of them double job in there so maybe that keeps them safe but guys like Janela, Luthor, Jack Evans and Angelico (can possibly pair Angelico off but they're not working as a tag), Marko Stunt,Sonny Kiss and some of Nightmare Factory guys don't offer much in ring imo.

Ah yeah of course. I know everyone has their favourites they'd like to see signed but unless the roster is cleaned up as you said, I don't see room for them. They could definitely release a good 10 - 15 people at this stage, even more.

I like Buddy Murphy for example but honestly I think he'd be better off going to Impact or NJPW because he'd be just lost in the shuffle in AEW atm.

• Advertisement

Ya, I'd just have those 3 in the Andrade/Black tier of sign them up immediately and figure out afterwards. Murphy (and I'm a fan) is good but not that level imo. He's more like guys like Drew Gulak, Chad Gable etc (guys that I wouldn't be surprised if they were released) but aren't instant pickups. You could probably pass on Ricochet as he doesn't really upper tier potential (although who wouldn't want to see him Vs Fenix) but Lee and Ali are upper tier faces and excellent talents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

AEW has way too many talent under contract, have to move some on.

Adam Cole's contract supposedly up after Summerslam weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,353 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is I think 80 male wrestlers on the AEW roster and could easily drop 20/25 of them who would be picked up by Impact, MLW, ROH etc to bulk out there rosters a bit.

If you add in the Dark shows and jobbers on per show gigs it probably closer to 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,907 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

When Cole comes available, he's the type of talent that any promotion in the world can't say no to.

The great thing about AEW they rotate their roster brilliantly and alot of their roster will come and go between New Japan and indie shows so they wont be around

Also Jericho most likely will be retiring from wrestling too.

Fucking love to see Cole at AEW

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Cole used to be a member of the Elite, yeah? And his contract running down (as opposed to being "released") likely means no sign of a 90 Day clause too.

I saw a comment on Reddit this morning, that I thought summed up something. It was talking about how people think AEW is replicating TNA by bringing in the "rejects". And it pondered if, in closer reality, WWE wasn't just replicating the final days of WCW, where they were releasing the wrong talent and strenghtening their rivals; Austin, the Radicalz, and so on.

Letting rid of Miro, Black, Cole, a home grown talent like Bray who was MASSIVELY over and a big merch seller, while having Goldberg back again, relying on Cena for your main events of the Summer PPV. WWE aren't establishing the next generation at all. Or, rather, they're establishing them and then shipping them off to AEW. Who will be the top guys in WWE in 5 years time? Big E is over, but is there other rising superstars? How many of their top guys are deep into their 40s now. You had guys like Bryan trying to build new guys, only for WWE to do nothing with them.

Adding Punk (who is probably the last big "return" out there in the industry), Bryan (who main evented Wrestlemania this year), Cole, on top of Black....these are incredible additions to the roster. Absolutely incredible.

I was thinking this storyline atm for Jericho would be great as a retirement story (throwback to Juvi etc) and it ends up with MJF retiring Jericho. I can't see him retiring yet but I can see him taking a break after All Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Debut them all on the same night. Punk, Bryan, Cole.

Ya, i'm sort of assuming it won't be a permanent retirement but maybe just some time off so he can tour with Fozzy again. Hopefully they can do it well and then we get Sammy vs MJF for another few months. Omega is another that I can see taking time off whenever he loses the belt.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

AEW sold out the United Center in 10 minutes, with a secondary show, with no official matches or even confirmed appearances yet. :D

And they say there's no draws left in pro-wrestling....

Adam Cole surprise debuts at All Out and takes the title off Omega throwing the cat among the pigeons in the wrestling world.

Well whatever happened to their "join the Dark Order" recruitment campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Evil Uno needs to relax. He's coming across pissy at this point.

Peyton and Billie should be joint leaders of the Dark Order

😁

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea im pretty sure Fozzy are on tour from Sept onwards including a European tour so I'd say Jericho will be gone for the rest of the year (unless his tour corresponds with AEW dates)

AEW has got it's TV deal for India now on Eurosport India and streaming on Discovery+ there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Haven't watched wrestling with years and years but said I'd give AEW a go on the ITV hub...it's really good!! I'll definitely check it out next week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Firmly in the disagree camp on AEW needing to release people. I like the freshness of their shows, the same people aren't on them every week, you get a bit of a break from characters and you appreciate it more when they are on TV as a result. They're about to launch a new hour long show on TNT, along with Dark and Dark Elevation, to me there's no reasons why you'd want to trim down the roster when there's a lot of content obligations to fill.

Lio Rush has now said his rehab has worked and he is fit to return to the ring!

So is he still retired for the second time or is he announcing he is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,907 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Great news for him

Did TK actually sign him to AEW but they came to a mutual agreement to cancel the contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think he had said he was going to finish up his NJPW commitments and any other booked dates and was retiring then. I doubt he'll stay retired anyway tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mksbart1948

After years of not watching wrestling (imo WWE has been unwatchable for at least 4-6 years with some minor exceptions). I am more and more eager to start following AEW. What's the best place to start? I guess there is no equivalent of WWE Network, so my question is - where do you watch the current episodes of AEW and is it possible to see archival PPVs somewhere besides downloading them from torrents?

• Advertisement

FITE TV for €4.99 a month and is fantastic value for money when it comes to watching AEW.

There YouTube channel and start watching AEW Dark shows and AEW Elevation shows on it.

AEW is also on ITV.

Advertisement