Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That's just it. Are the rankings percentage based or number of victories? Their placements don't seem to make sense.

I think Velvet is actually a bit of a sacrificial lamb here. Britt's the hometown hero. Velvet is going to get booed and lose. Someone like Rosa might divide the crowd and they want to hold off that match for a PPV or at least Dynamite.

Was thinking they might have a title change hands to show Rampage is to be taken seriously and isn't just a televised episode of Dark, but don't think there are any of the titles they'd be willing to change. Well if it wasn't Kenny holding it, the Impact title might change hands.

Are they thinking of turning Rampage into another 2 hour show like Smackdown? Not sure if they'll do a brand split at some point though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I don't mind the Dark matches being counted as nearly all of them have inflated records cos of it. Like if you took out Dark matches from the tag team rankings, FTR are ok but everyone else outside the Young Bucks are barely there as a tag team.

I just think as you're doing those, you need to build up the challengers so that it looks like they can win on Dynamite too rather than this where they just announce a title match and there's been no build up. It's similar with Christian but that's had some small moments at least and he's predominantly wrestled on Dynamite anyway. Like the long term booking on things like Page are there but they need to do better on the short term holdover stuff for the titles.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Im actually starting to wonder if they are holding Miro back on purpose, cause if he were winning proper feuds he might look too dominant and overshadow the main title

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Signing Black, Punk and Bryan in the last month has probably thrown a spanner in the creative plans they had laid down for the rest of the year.

So I would imagine that just puts everything on hold and just holding steady as you are for a month or two till they see where everyone fits in.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,395 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Wonder if we'll see Christian win the Impact title, but have that put up again at All Out so Kenny can win it back along with retaining the AEW title.

• Advertisement

Frankie being a TNA original needs to be the one to win the Impact title to make the Elite Hunter gimmick worthwhile.

PWInsider are reporting that the plans for Page to take time off with the birth of his first child have always been in place.

Yup, which if so, I'd like to hope they've a better plan than of running two Omega Christian matches in 3 weeks. When their PPVs are so seldom, you kind of have to deliver on main event title matches and tbf to Christian, he's a TV title match contender not a PPV one.

There's a lot of great non title feuds in AEW but their 4 actual titles seem an afterthought for this ppv atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

They're in a weird spot where the Chicago Rampage and the NY Debut after are more anticipated than the PPV. I guess we'll see some proper build from tomorrow night.

It may be nothing at all but Jay White is booked for a show on August 21st in Chicago. Rampage appearance perhaps?

Jay White is one of the few available that you can do a decent non title PPV match between him and Omega I think. I'd be more interested in watching it than Omega Christian anyway.

• Advertisement

Dipped just under the million mark this week at 989k.

Is Rampage going to be a house show or Dark tapings for a couple of hours and then it goes live at 11pm. You would hardly expect fans to go to a live event for one hour at 11pm at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

You can't have him beat Kenny. He's very midcard. Need a transitional champion if you want to get it to Kazarian.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

People keep saying it is on at 11. Where is this coming from? It's 10pm.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

An enjoyable episode of Dynamite this week for me. Dante Martin looked incredible (as always), but the Christian and Jurassic Express stuff got a little ham-fisted. The Acclaimed are notable by their absence, but maybe Caster will learn something from the experience. I think the signings of Punk and Danielson are changing a lot of plans around here too. Omega's "are you saying oooooo or noooo?" bit at the end made me laugh a lot.

Miro is going to demolish Fuego del Sol in what will probably be a brutally one-sided affair. I know he's not everyone's cuppa tea, but I really enjoy the silly stuff on Sammy's vlog and it's made him a big fan favourite - the live crowd reactions are there for all to hear. However, I think it's time for someone to step to Miro, maybe this is an opportunity for Sammy? Who's Miro going to face at All Out otherwise?

Darby vs Garcia was a fine match and the lineup of 2.0 vs Darby and Sting next week could be fun. When Sting gets the hot tag after Darby being near dead from 2.0 giving him a rough night, it should make for a big pop.

Best Friends / Hardy Family stuff - I'm getting to the point where I could take it or leave it now. All great wrestlers, but the story doesn't seem to go anywhere.

Rose v Statlander was a nice build-up for Statlander as a threat to Britt. Britt's bit with the home crowd was lovely from an "I'm really glad this person is getting such a huge ovation in front of friends and family cause she's worked bloody hard for it" point of view. They have to figure out how to face-turn her cause the audience doesn't seem to care that she's supposed to be a heel. Red Velvet's still a little green in places, but I'm sure they'll put on a good show.

Dark Order v Good Brothers - Stu Grayson clearly wanted everyone to know how good he is and Uno continues to shine for me. The Good Brothers are fine at what they do, but it feels to me like their best work is as hype men for the Elite rather than in-ring.

The Shivonne/QT bit. Wellllll.................. QT just doesn't excite me. He's got the ideas and is fine in the ring, but he just doesn't seem to have the charisma to pull this "Tony Soprano" schtick off. I think it might've been even more interesting if Mark Henry came with him showing a united commentary "faction" and they delivered a chokeslam to all 3 with Comarato in the middle allowing both men to lift him as one. A trio's match could then be lined up - no idea if Schiavone's son is gonna be making an in-ring appearance ala Brock Anderson, but who knows? Maybe Excalibur laces his boots up again? :P (And yes, I am well aware that not a lot of this would really work given the limitations of White and Henry).

Wardlow v Jericho was what I expected it to be with the repeated use of the powerbomb being quite effective. Between the result and the promo at the start of the show, one wonders if we're gonna transition into Wardlow v MJF after this? I don't see Jericho beating MJF with what we suspect is Jericho wanting time off to tour with Fozzy and so on. The "no entrance music" thing is a nice touch.

Can't wait for Rampage tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

A lot of people have said how are they going to face turn Britt, genuinely I don't think they need to - she is in a position now where she has her character (and her catchphrase/fan chant) and can go in the ring. Like Austin - just keep being the same till the crowd responds. Start putting her against heels...boom she is face! There doesn't need to be a "turn" or any sort of character change, just insult the opponents instead of the crowd and you are golden.

Paul Wight entrance pop? More like Paul Wight entrance groan anytime his music has hit in the last 15 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

She needs to turn on Tony, him playing along with the DMD stuff is cringe to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

What time our time is rampage tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

When the show is over they should fade to black and then flash a second of static and play half a note of Cult of Personality.

AEW just need to have Britt attack Fuego for some very fast heat if needed. It's so easy to do it with him with how much the crowd love him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im guessing they are building up for Kip Sabian to return against Miro?

Hopefully Punk can come back after 7 years out like Christian who really looks like he hasn't missed a beat.

I wonder will Christian now move to Impact for a bit and get his TV time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

After that. Definitely give me Christian/Kenny Omega, Round 2 at All Out next month.

Fugeo I thought for 1 second then Miro :)

Yeah All Elite Fugeo

Class debut episode of Rampage and that Pop for Britt was huge and her new muscle helping out.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Advertisement

I really hate that decision on Christian winning. It lessens Page going over when you've Omega losing like that. Just a bad call imo.

Advertisement