Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ciaran2054

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Yeah its dark, its ultimatly their B show. Never really involved with storylines much. I dont mind Joey and Sunny at all. They dont make me tune in but they don't make me switch off either.

Sunny has the least realistic offence I’ve seen in a long time and every move is like a choreographed dance spot.

A little nod or smile to the crowd followed by a very slick albeit non threatening elaborate move.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

As VOW points out here, after Kenny Omega/Joey Janela is set for Dynamite this Wednesday.

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1337624242595262466

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Janela and Kenny had a great hardcore match on one of the early episodes of Dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Janela is a perfect first match. Janela can bump and make Omega looks good, and the booking makes perfect sense.

Id like Omega to be dominant here. If he gives him the same offence that he gave Trent Barretta 4 montsh ago ill be annoyed. He needs to steam roll Janela.

So when you say a dominant Omega having to steam roll through Joey, are we talking Omega's 15 second squash of Sonny Kiss in the Eliminator? Or more along the lines of a brutal beatdown/you come at the king, you best not miss to anyone who dares step up to challenge?

I for the record would be in favour of the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I want Kenny to spend a solid 10 minutes setting up various contraptions around ringside, barbed wire board, light tube bundles, chair pyramids, panes of glass the works, really set up that this is going to be a bloodbath, then boom, v trigger, OWA, over........

Kenny can then cut the promo he cuts best, fantasy based in reality.....

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So when you say a dominant Omega having to steam roll through Joey, are we talking Omega's 15 second squash of Sonny Kiss in the Eliminator? Or more along the lines of a brutal beatdown/you come at the king, you best not miss to anyone who dares step up to challenge?

I for the record would be in favour of the latter.

The latter, but Id be happy with both tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I want Kenny to spend a solid 10 minutes setting up various contraptions around ringside, barbed wire board, light tube bundles, chair pyramids, panes of glass the works, really set up that this is going to be a bloodbath, then boom, v trigger, OWA, over........

Kenny can then cut the promo he cuts best, fantasy based in reality.....

This would be absolutely perfect for how Kenny's been portrayed at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 60,461 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Snoop Dogg will be on commentary for the Dynamite according to Big Dave.

If he is half as good as he was for the Tyson fight this could be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Snoop Dogg will be on commentary for the Dynamite according to Big Dave.

If he is half as good as he was for the Tyson fight this could be great.

Completely disagree!

He was horrific to listen too and shouldn't be anywhere near a wrestling ring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,138 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fully expect him to ask "When is Sasha wrestling?"

It seems a lot of the talent are getting fcuked up of Ross burying their work publicly every chance he gets and i don't blame them at all.

He is poison to the product.

Completely disagree!

He was horrific to listen too and shouldn't be anywhere near a wrestling ring!

Snoop Dogg is a whore in terms of doing anything these days, from The Trump Roast a few years ago to Just eat ads. I never saw the big deal with him. He did nothing for me as a an artist and does nothing for me as a celebrity in anything hes done outside of music.

I just want him to go away and not invade the space of pro wrestling. Like he will add zero to the product. Id see more value in Shaq than this krusty the clown esque shill.

Snoop Dogg is a whore in terms of doing anything these days, from The Trump Roast a few years ago to Just eat ads. I never saw the big deal with him. He did nothing for me as a an artist and does nothing for me as a celebrity in anything hes done outside of music.

I just want him to go away and not invade the space of pro wrestling. Like he will add zero to the product. Id see more value in Shaq than this krusty the clown eaque shill.

Couldn't agree more.Loved him in his Death Row Records days but he is a parody of himself now and has been for along time!

Really can't believe AEW are getting him to do anything.Just like Shaq his days of being relevent or a draw are long gone!

Same with Tyson. Them trying to recreate the Austin/Tyson brawl but with Jericho was awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Couldn't agree more.Loved him in his Death Row Records days but he is a parody of himself now and has been for along time!

Really can't believe AEW are getting him to do anything.Just like Shaq his days of being relevent or a draw are long gone!

Shaq's interview number was the peak of Dynamite viewership this week FYI, over 1.2 million viewers.

He is on the same TNT talent show as Cody it is a cross promotion for TNT which starts in the New Year just like Shaq who is the face of the NBA on TNT which kicks off this month.

TNT want big paid stars to promote each others shows.

Shaq's interview number was the peak of Dynamite viewership this week FYI, over 1.2 million viewers.

Brandi no doubt will slap herself on the back so.

The segment was only about 4 mins long.

To be fair to Shaq he came off as well as he could. As a wresting fan I dont wanna see it but it it helps AEW get more eyes then so be it. It was a short and sweet segment thank god.

He is on the same TNT talent show as Cody it is a cross promotion for TNT just like Shaq who is the face of the NBA on TNT.

WWE do a lot worse to be fair. I just dont care for Snoop Dogg in 2020. Hell I didnt care much about him to begin with, hes an over hyped sub par rapper.

But if he helps AEW then so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Brandi no doubt will slap herself on the back so.

The segment was only about 4 mins long.

To be fair to Shaq he came off as well as he could. As a wresting fan I dont wanna see it but it it helps AEW get more eyes then so be it. It was a short and sweet segment thank god.

It was short but minute by minute apparently viewership peaked during those 4 minutes.

I get it, try stuff. There's a way of doing this stuff, so far AEW have used these celebrities well, when they come in and beat up your guys, punk them out or make a joke out of wrestling, that's when you've got an issue and it becomes detrimental long term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,920 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Same with Tyson. Them trying to recreate the Austin/Tyson brawl but with Jericho was awful!

What happened with that? Did they abandon the idea?

Kenny retains the AAA Mega Title in Mexico while also appearing on Impact Final Resolution in Nashville hinting at a Bullet Club reunion with Machine Gun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Great match at TripleMania, Omega had to bust out the Avalanche One Winged Angel for the win.

The Impact video is interesting, more NJPW references and they keep name-dropping Okada. I think it's pretty unlikely but could this be less about different companies working together and more leading to some sort of cross-promotional Bullet Club takeover? Callis did say this was all years in the making! Maybe it was KENTA who attacked Mox after all :p

Some of the AEW entrance themes are now on streaming services.

https://twitter.com/MikeyRukus/status/1337789519903531009

But also on Bandcamp if anyone who doesn't use either Spotify or Apple Music wants to buy them and help support the company.

aewrestling.bandcamp.com

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Some of the AEW entrance themes are now on streaming services.

https://twitter.com/MikeyRukus/status/1337789519903531009

But also on Bandcamp if anyone who doesn't use either Spotify or Apple Music wants to buy them and help support the company.

aewrestling.bandcamp.com

Theyve been streaming months now. Codys theme has grown on me.

Theyve been streaming months now. Codys theme has grown on me.

I'm partial to the instrumental version of Orange Cassidy's theme. Guess I know what I'm going to try and learn on the electric guitar eventually.

Excalibur getting all tongue tied & flustered sitting beside Thunder Rosa on commentary :)

Omega looking a million bucks on Impact and looking every bit the star he was meant to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bear Country sure looked a fun tag team on Dark. Stu Grayson is some animal lifting them boys like he did.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Dynamite is live tonight then they are taping the rest of the year Thursday and Friday.

They'll finish up just in time for someone to, say, travel to Japan and quarantine until the 4th/5th of January.

Advertisement