Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Omackeral wrote: »
    Bear Country sure looked a fun tag team on Dark. Stu Grayson is some animal lifting them boys like he did.

That was a real fun tag match.

Bear Country gave me a great flashback to Earthquake & Typhoon and I was thinking that’s what Heavy Machinery in the WWE should have been like instead of a comedy team.

Grayson he was machine lifting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Good Brothers as Kenny's heaters.

How long before The Young Bucks join in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I have two tickets to Dynamite for the 30th! So torn on if I should go based on the COVID situation there at the moment though. Have a feeling I'll miss something big.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Krispen Wah

How is it when All Petite Wrestling gets a scabby 800,000 viewers it doing brilliant, but when wwe gets over 2million the same people say its rubbish.

The love for the vanilla boring midgets has their fans so blinkered, they will excuse any thing AEW does but will slate the WWE for the same rubbish. Wrestling is dead, it is never coming back, who is going to look at the likes of the middle aged bucks , standing 5 foot 5 and take them seriously.
    Its comedy tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

How is it when All Petite Wrestling gets a scabby 800,000 viewers it doing brilliant, but when wwe gets over 2million the same people say its rubbish.

Because one is a start up... obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The love for the vanilla boring midgets has their fans so blinkered, they will excuse any thing AEW does but will slate the WWE for the same rubbish. Wrestling is dead, it is never coming back, who is going to look at the likes of the middle aged bucks , standing 5 foot 5 and take them seriously.
    Its comedy tv.

One is a multi million dollar company in decline providing the same **** week after week.

The other is a rather entertaining start up competitor actually giving fans for most part what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

How is it when All Petite Wrestling

Watch you don’t fall off the edge there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

...and take them seriously.

Says the guy who doesn't know how to use a question mark. :D

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    One is a multi million dollar company in decline providing the same **** week after week.

The other is a rather entertaining start up competitor actually giving fans for most part what they want.

So?
    What has that got to do with what I wrote in relation to the double standards and bias of the aew marks?
    How does that alter the heights of the midgets, or the middle age bucks?
    Look at Rusev, wwe was slated for how they treated him, but when aew has him running around like a headless chicken the same people who slated the wwe go silent.
    Aew barely beats NXT, and some weeks NXT even beats AEW. I am not defending wwe, as that is awful as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Its comedy tv.

AEWs 800k engaged viewers are more important in a ratings context than the <2m pensioners still watching WWE out of habit.

Enjoy The Rocks various talentless cousins, El Hijo Del IRS in a mask and Seth "Poundshop Omega" Rollins while you still can because the next set of WWE tv negotiations are going to be absolutely brutal.

So?
    What has that got to do with what I wrote in relation to the double standards and bias of the aew marks?
    How does that alter the heights of the midgets, or the middle age bucks?
    Look at Rusev, wwe was slated for how they treated him, but when aew has him running around like a headless chicken the same people who slated the wwe go silent.
    Aew barely beats NXT, and some weeks NXT even beats AEW. I am not defending wwe, as that is awful as well.

Hornswoggle doesnt wrestle in AEW.

AEW gets scrutinised too.

Just out of curiosity if you hate AEW and WWE.... why do you care what we think here?

Go troll elsewhere.

AEWs 800k engaged viewers are more important in a ratings context than the <2m pensioners still watching WWE out of habit.

Enjoy The Rocks various talentless cousins, El Hijo Del IRS in a mask and Seth "Poundshop Omega" Rollins while you still can because the next set of WWE tv negotiations are going to be absolutely brutal.

I dont like wwe either, did you choose to ignore where I wrote that?

As for this demo rating nonsense, aew has better percentages in the 18-49 demo, but now many of them are over 40?
    One year in and AEW has not improved , it is still roughly averaging the same numbers, and its top names are a 61 year old with a bad back and an overweight 50 year old jericho.
    Ambrose is just a garbage wrestler and Rusev cried over video games.

TNA topped out at 2 million viewers, Aew will never top that.
    WWE will never get the viewers they had either. I watch out of some warped form of loyalty only, and that is usually the following day on fast forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,741 ✭✭✭hynesie08

If brandi is pregnant, does that mean that she is off tv? It's a Christmas miracle.....

EDIT: Nope.......

hynesie08 wrote: »
    If brandi is pregnant, does that mean that she is off tv? It's a Christmas miracle.....

Well actually :pac:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1339379896062251013?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

That Top Flight guy has something. Good promo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

....All Petite Wrestling .... vanilla boring midgets has their fans so blinkered, they will excuse any thing AEW does ..... Wrestling is dead .... if the middle aged bucks , standing 5 foot 5....

Mod Note:
    Yeah, nah. Given the user name, and the introductory post, let's just shut down that pretty quick. User banned, and I'd ask posters not to engage with these sort of posts.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Great episode of Dynamite last night. When PAC came out I was hoping it would lead to a PAC Omega title match. By will take the Rey Fenix. Should be a good match.

I imagine it’s shaping up for a long Omega title reign. So we should get plenty of dream matches along the way.

Jay White & Tama Tonga have respectively taken issue with Kenny saying Bullet Club on Impact..

https://twitter.com/JayWhiteNZ/status/1339214597635547136

https://twitter.com/Tama_Tonga/status/1339323544841244678

• Advertisement

Last nights Dynamite was a step down from last week, but to be fair last weeks was brilliant and this week always had a tough act to follow. But let me be clear, it was still enjoyable and way better than Raw.

The opener was good and Im enjoying Page and the Dark Order, though I was disappointed to see them lose. It also slightly furthered Matt Hardys new persona but to be fair I dont care about Hardy at this stage.

Cody v Angelico was ok, went on a bit long for my liking. The Team Taz/Cody/Sting/Allin story wasnt furthered much but I do enjoy Taz and Starks cutting promos even if its short.

The 12 man tag was poor with the finish particularly sloppy. I like Tom Flight alot and would like to see more. I hope their tag match next week will be better than this borefest. Best friends can fcuk offx Varsity Blonds are too green, Hager is a sloppy mess and Jericho is far past it. Does he have to wrestle most weeks? Love MJFs backhanded commitments though.

Disappointed Eddie Kingstons promo got cut short, can listen to him all day. The brawl that followed was sloppy.

Scu vs the Accliamed was fine. Not digging the Acclaimeds gimmick in 2020 and rap battles like this never did much for me. I wont mind seeing them vs the Bucks though.

The womens match was good. Big Swole always lools good but I wanna see more of her. Everytime I see her shes missing for a few weeks.

Bakers attack on Rosa was sinple yet effective. Bakers such a good, natural heel character.

The main event did its job though Janela got more offence than he deserved.

No problem with Fenix v Omega which will sure to be a good match and further solidify Omegas turn. Omega and Don have been the MVPs in recent weeks so Im very pleased at Omegas reign thus far.

Iverall a decent show but far from perfect.

AEW with more logical booking for Kenny first Janela & now Fenix who both missed out on there chance to win the title in that mini tournament due to injuries.

Also glad the Good Brothers didn't turn up last night, I do expect them to turn up during the Fenix match to attack Death Triangle who will more than likely be at ringside.

Really enjoying Page slipping into the grip of The Dark Order his drinking clouding his mind and the cult are using that to get him to join.

AEW with more logical booking for Kenny first Janela & now Fenix who both missed out on there chance to win the title in that mini tournament due to injuries.

Also glad the Good Brothers didn't turn up last night, I do expect them to turn up during the Fenix match to attack Death Triangle who will more than likely be at ringside.

Really enjoying Page slipping into the grip of The Dark Order his drinking clouding his mind and the cult are using that to get him to join.

Less Good Brothers please. Id love less Impact. Callis with Kenny is perfect.

Pages story is working for me and the side story with Dark Order is a fine transitional feud. I got a kick out of their entrance this week. Silver has great timing comedy wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,970 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So the ones who attacked Brandi were attacking a pregnant woman?

Not sure who messed up Hager's finisher. Looked like it might've been Griff's fault. Or both.

Hardy just doing the same thing he did in WWE a while ago with Helms and Shannon Moore (I think).

Beaver Boys have something, I must admit. Just not sure their shtick clicks with a sinister cult.

How good would Dark Order be, if it were just Grayson, maybe Butcher and Blade, with Jake as their leader?

hynesie08 wrote: »

I feel bad that I was thinking the exact same thing haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I feel bad that I was thinking the exact same thing haha.

I feel worse, i was hoping it'd keep Cody off TV too:eek:

I feel worse, i was hoping it'd keep Cody off TV too:eek:

I'd have no problem with the whole nightmare family being off TV

Not even sure what the Nightmare family is supposed to achieve?

It doesn't help or hinder Cody one bit. He always gets his angles over, and they rarely involve the Nightmare Family faction to any great degree.

And Dustin is over no matter what role he's in - some combination of his legacy, ring work and promo will always get you interested, one way or another.

Brandi doesn't even seem to be fully invested in it, e.g., the thing with Shaq/Jade Cargill is very much her vs them. Not NF vs them.

• Advertisement

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Not even sure what the Nightmare family is supposed to achieve?

It doesn't help or hinder Cody one bit. He always gets his angles over, and they rarely involve the Nightmare Family faction to any great degree.

And Dustin is over no matter what role he's in - some combination of his legacy, ring work and promo will always get you interested, one way or another.

Brandi doesn't even seem to be fully invested in it, e.g., the thing with Shaq/Jade Cargill is very much her vs them. Not NF vs them.

Dustin is not over. Well not with me. His match with Cody aside, I wish hed go away at this stage. He bores me as this elder babyface. Ive had zero interest in him since that match.

I had hoped hed go with the Dark Order and be Seven for ****s and giggles.

Happy for Brandi and Cody, but hopefully she exits stage left now.

Advertisement