Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rowan Croft the gran torino

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Grayson wrote: »
    I had to google the fecker.

Let me guess. You got lots of Clint Eastwood, Gemma O'Doherty, Rooskey and Soros is destroying the globe in a jewish one world order flouride and vaxes cause autism conspiracy.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭corminators

What's he done wrong exactly?

Yesterday Varadkar said we should welcome back isis fighters.

Surely we need some balance here to stop idiocy like the above?

That woman in the Rooksey video who kept touching him clearly doesn't know the definition of common assault. Kept it cool, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

What's he done wrong exactly?

Yesterday Varadkar said we should welcome back isis fighters.

Surely we need some balance here to stop idiocy like the above?

That woman in the Rooksey video who kept touching him clearly doesn't know the definition of common assault. Kept it cool, though.

This type of post typifies all that is irritating about these alt right types. Disingenuous claims, Varadkar said nothing like that, then go annoying people, getting in their faces to provoke a reaction. Then cry and claim assault when someone stands up to them.

But sure if he did the same thing like keep touching then he'd be done for it. Aggressive behavior by lefties is ok?

And Varadkar should do everything he can to stop isis fighters coming back including canceling their passports of they have other citizenship. You know, basic state security stuff.

I'm sure Gran Torino has a view on the above. Must check out his channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

But sure if he did the same thing like keep touching then he'd be done for it. Aggressive behavior by lefties is ok?

And Varadkar should do everything he can to stop isis fighters coming back including canceling their passports of they have other citizenship. You know, basic state security stuff.

I'm sure Gran Torino has a view on the above. Must check out his channel.

Victim complex, uninformed opinions two more. These guys should at least get some training in journalism before they go calling themselves journalists.

• Advertisement

20Cent wrote: »
    Victim complex, uninformed opinions two more. These guys should at least get some training in journalism before they go calling themselves journalists.

Unfortunately the majority of journalism in this country is controlled by one individual. Surely you are aware of this?

That's why we need people like Gran Torino out there on the ground asking the questions, covering events live and rattling cages.

Otherwise we'd be overrun with immigrants because quite a lot of people make lot of money from feeding/housing/clothing/educating/defending them inncourt so of course they want to keep the cash flowing by importing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

What is it about having extreme left or right wing views and being a complete fûcking arsehole as a result??

What is it about having extreme left or right wing views and being a complete fûcking arsehole as a result??

What's with the labeling people with moderate views 'extreme' at the drop of a hat? And the passive aggressive name calling?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

What's most interesting is that Rowan Croft was in the British Army for years. He obviously doesn't like to advertise it, it doesn't go well with his 'Keep Ireland for the Irish' mantra.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Unfortunately the majority of journalism in this country is controlled by one individual. Surely you are aware of this?

That's why we need people like Gran Torino out there on the ground asking the questions, covering events live and rattling cages.

Otherwise we'd be overrun with immigrants because quite a lot of people make lot of money from feeding/housing/clothing/educating/defending them inncourt so of course they want to keep the cash flowing by importing more.

So this is a conspiracy by Tesco/Daft.ie/Top man/Trinity/lawyers?

Seems legit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

What's with the labeling people with moderate views 'extreme' at the drop of a hat? And the passive aggressive name calling?

They're not moderate.

It's the weird thing about people like the far right or racists or conspiracy theorists, they hate being labeled correctly.

Grayson wrote: »
    They're not moderate.

It's the weird thing about people like the far right or racists or conspiracy theorists, they hate being labeled correctly.

What about the leftist treasonist human filth trash reverse racists who think Ireland isn't
    brown enough and want to undermine the native population?

Several cabinet ministers were closely aligned with this guy. One even spoke at his funeral:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-18519395

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

What about the leftist treasonist human filth trash reverse racists who think Ireland isn't

"Leftist treasonist human filth trash reverse racists" - that's quite the mouthful.

Yeah, you don't seem extreme at all. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

Several cabinet ministers were closely aligned with this guy. One even spoke at his funeral:

Cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

From your link - "Mr Sutherland, who is non-executive chairman of Goldman Sachs International and a former chairman of oil giant BP, non-executive chairman of Goldman Sachs International and a former chairman of oil giant BP". Sounds like a radical far leftist alright.

You do realise that mass immigration is supported by capitalists on the right as well, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I thought he was the Archbishop of Canterbury...

only one of the best films of the last ten years

Greatest ball of goat schidt ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Greatest ball of goat schidt ever made.

You more a Mamma Mia or Brokeback Mountain sort; Brendan?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

You more a Mamma Mia or Brokeback Mountain sort; Brendan?

No John, the ‘plot ‘ for that film Grand Torino,was so forking flimsy and crass and unbelievable that I pulled the cassette tape out of machine after 10 minutes and settled down to watch one of my favourites ‘Expresso Bongo’ with Sir Cliff Richard.

‘Diary of a Black Stallion’ is a close second, lovely soft focus shots of the stars in it.

Tipped for an Oscar in its day.

Yeah, Gran Torino was an awful movie..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Auntie Semite

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u3hMbklh290

Grand Torino coming up shortly with (supposedly) an expose on the covering up of Paedophile rings in Ireland.
    I've no idea who this woman Sonya Egan is or what she will allege.
    But considering what happened with the Church in this country and Jimmy Saville, Ted Heath et Al, ill give it a watch.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u3hMbklh290

Grand Torino coming up shortly with (supposedly) an expose on the covering up of Paedophile rings in Ireland.
    I've no idea who this woman Sonya Egan is or what she will allege.
    But considering what happened with the Church in this country and Jimmy Saville, Ted Heath et Al, ill give it a watch.

Paedophile cover ups in Ireland? I'd never have guessed that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Confession - I haven't read the thread, Haven't had much interest in Grand Torino, seem some bits and bobs, but he edges a bit close to fascist views for me personally. But this is the first video of his that I watched in full - it showed up in my youtube feed. I'm reading at the moment about high level paedophilia in government (UK mainly) so I decided to watch. Well, no matter about anything else I might feel about him fair play to him for giving Sonya Egan a voice. I have never heard of her before, so maybe others know her. These kind of stories do not get main stream coverage - and it is important that they do. Strong lady. Best of luck to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,572 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Zorya wrote: »
    These kind of stories do not get main stream coverage - and it is important that they do. Strong lady. Best of luck to her.

What? :confused:

They "love" stories like this. They have to be true though.

Not saying this ladies isn't, but it is vague and all over the place and downright nonsensical at times.

It's probably why she is talking to a conspiracy theorist in a wooden shed and not someone form Prime Time, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Boggles wrote: »

Not saying this ladies isn't, but it is vague and all over the place and downright nonsensical at times.

It's probably why she is talking to a conspiracy theorist in a wooden shed and not someone form Prime Time, etc.

Yeah, you are saying her story is not true. Just to mark that for future reference.

And thanks be to goodness I have spared myself the bland tripe that is Primetime for many a year.

Boggles wrote: »

She said she's under a gagging order which would explain why it was vague.
    The fact that the MSM haven't taken up her story wouldn't meean her story is not true. The Irish media (in the main) ignored and neglected to report on the crimes of the clergy for many decades. Similarly, many dismissed the allegations about Asian grooming gangs in the UK because they were reported in the Daily mail or the express. We all know how that turned out.

Absolutely horrific story anyway, she's an incredibly brave woman. Fair play to her and fair play to Grand Torino for giving her a platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,572 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Zorya wrote: »
    Yeah, you are saying her story is not true. Just to mark that for future reference.

I have no idea if her story is true or not, neither do you. You can mark what you want.

But the fact remains parts of her story are vague and nonsensical and she telling it to a guy in a wooden shed who claims his wifi is being hacked every time he tries to talk the truth.

Few red flags there TBF.

Grand Torino is live at Lismore in a public meeting about a planned direct provision centre
    Things seem to be getting tetchy
    https://youtu.be/xk2ikrzOHm0

Grand Torino is live at Lismore in a public meeting about a planned direct provision centre

I hear the locals basically told him to f off back to Dublin with his racist hate spree.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Stop lying. There is no direct provision centre going into Lismore.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

I hear the locals basically told him to f off back to Dublin with his racist hate spree.

That's debatable, a local lady was on Gemma O Dohertys show after the meeting and said that the crowd at the meeting was full of non locals and I would imagine it was these folks who told him to 'f off back to Dublin'

This is not surprising as we have seen in both Moville and Rooskey a great many 'Anti Racism' types attend these meetings and many pose as locals.
    In the Moville public meeting crowds were bussed in from Derry and packed the hall giving the impression that the locals were in favour of the proposed centre. A quick perusal of People Before Profits Instagram page showed that a large swathe of the supposed 'locals' were in fact attendees of a conference held the previous evening in Derry and not in fact locals at all.

Rte even featured 3 ladies (none from the area) last year in lisdoonvarna and described them as locals when a quick Internet search showed them to be living in Dublin and elsewhere having no connection whatsoever to the area.

At a recent event in Rooskey some of the national media presented a protest as being locals against racism when later in the day a local lady alleged that very few of the protestor were in fact local. In fact there is a video doing the rounds of this lady lambasting these strangers and asking "who the hell are you"

Very sly and underhanded tactics if you ask me. At any of these meetings someone local should ask for a show of hands so as to ascertain who exactly is in fact a genuine local.
    People should also be asked to declare if they are members of political parties, ngos etc in order that the genuine locals know who they are dealing with.

Advertisement