Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22 syrian families arrive in ireland, then what?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Try_harder wrote: »
    That’s a reductive comment
    simplicity dosnt necessarily mean simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Get offaly Co Co to sort it. UN paid for the refugee houses.

I would still say a war refugee's need is greater than a local how that got up the duff by Mick the slick in the Bridge House....

Two how had a row on my street, Another two lads had to be broken up by the Gardai for a drug deal gone sour. Syrian refugees? Not a peep!

Are you sure the wans at Circle K weren't on the game?
    I know the street you’re talking about. It’s a quiet street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

I live on it, has its moments!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Intersting fact: The average IQ in Syria is 83.

Now maybe I heard wrong, but I understand that those with an IQ below 83 cannot do productive work.

This means that, unless the Syrians who come to Ireland are exceptional, about half of those who settle here Syria cannot contribute to any kind of industry even if they try.

I would absolutely LOVE to see proof of this BS. :rolleyes:

Has to be the most retarded post I've seen on here so far.

Quite apart from the fact that you can't even spell interesting. :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Winding you guys up by the looks of things, how many radicalised mooslums would you say there is in ireland now ted 1,000,000?

No one has a clue because **** knows how many of them are here or where they even came from.

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    No one has a clue because **** knows how many of them are here or where they even came from.

But you know they are defiantly here? How?

BBFAN wrote: »

Quite apart from the fact that you can't even spell interesting. :D:D:D:D

He read it on facebuke

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭enricoh

Winding you guys up by the looks of things, how many radicalised mooslums would you say there is in ireland now ted 1,000,000?

Tis working out well for our near neighbours the English and the French isn't it?
    French cops baffled how the guy in the Christmas market a few weeks ago got in with the amount of cops searching everyone going in.
    Mi5 flat out monitoring 20k potential jihadis trying to prevent attacks.
    Enrichment ted!

The Gardai.
    And there is no priority based allocation for anyone that isn’t a refugee it seems. They’ll help with hap. That’s it.

You're wrong here shoesday and I say this as someone who has gotten a barring order against someone, doesn't matter who owns the property.

Also, homeless HAP is much higher than normal HAP and pays the deposit and a month up front so you're wrong on that count as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Considering that Clonmore house is heaving and the women and children up there have no washing facilities and are standing out at circle k on the Arden road in the middle of winter waiting to use the laundry services that are more often than not on the blink, I can understand why the “local howyas” are up in arms. The refugees should be subject to the same protocol in regards to housing.

i doubt the local howyas are up in arms because of the laundry facilities being on the blink.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

I live on it, has its moments!
    It’s the middle of town and an old council street, it’s not a gated community in donneybrook. The way you’re going on you’d swear you were in the middle of beruit

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's up there with the settled people dumping rubbish on camp sites alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Chances are of the 22 families that arrive one will set up a business in a few years and employ a number of irish currently unemployed

You're wrong here shoesday and I say this as someone who has gotten a barring order against someone, doesn't matter who owns the property.

Also, homeless HAP is much higher than normal HAP and pays the deposit and a month up front so you're wrong on that count as well.

It’s up to 20% higher than regular hap, actually. It will most likely depend on how long you’re with him, but no, if he owns the house and you’re there, you can get a safety order but not a barring order. If you have any rights to the house, your name on the rent book/joint mortgage etc then I’m sure you can get a barring order.

enricoh wrote: »
    Tis working out well for our near neighbours the English and the French isn't it?
    French cops baffled how the guy in the Christmas market a few weeks ago got in with the amount of cops searching everyone going in.
    Mi5 flat out monitoring 20k potential jihadis trying to prevent attacks.
    Enrichment ted!

20k were is that figure from???

It’s up to 20% higher than regular hap, actually. It will most likely depend on how long you’re with him, but no, if he owns the house and you’re there, you can get a safety order but not a barring order. If you have any rights to the house, your name on the rent book/joint mortgage etc then I’m sure you can get a barring order.

So you agree you were wrong?

Chances are of the 22 families that arrive one will set up a business in a few years and employ a number of irish currently unemployed

Can I do me Xs en Os???

So you agree you were wrong?
    ansolutely not. You’re living with your fella, beating the **** out of you, you’ve nothing. You’re off to a refuge, they’ll get you set up with hap, who will cover about 1/2 your rent. You’re not rushed into a council house passed everyone else on the list

It’s the middle of town and an old council street, it’s not a gated community in donneybrook. The way you’re going on you’d swear you were in the middle of beruit

The amount of overweight Irish squaddies around you could easily mistake it lol

The amount of overweight Irish squaddies around you could easily mistake it lol

You’re coming across like you have a lot of internalized racism

• Advertisement

what pray tell is internalised racism?

ansolutely not. You’re living with your fella, beating the **** out of you, you’ve nothing. You’re off to a refuge, they’ll get you set up with hap, who will cover about 1/2 your rent. You’re not rushed into a council house passed everyone else on the list

Ah stop now shoesday, you're speaking to someone who's actually experienced this, you've admitted that you were wrong in saying you couldn't get a barring order and you were wrong in saying that they weren't given priority on the housing list and weren't given extra HAP? And yet you weren't wrong?

You're making yourself look foolish now. :rolleyes:

what pray tell is internalised racism?
    does google not work on your street no? Sounds like it’s even more like beruit than I initially thought

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 255 ✭✭PuppyMcPupFace

Ah stop now shoesday, you're speaking to someone who's actually experienced this, you've admitted that you were wrong in saying you couldn't get a barring order and you were wrong in saying that they weren't given priority on the housing list and weren't given extra HAP? And yet you weren't wrong?

Maybe he didn't want you to be alone ????

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This thread certainly rubbed a few people up the wrong way :P

They can’t get a barring order in every single case?? I didn’t admit I was wrong. Your situation isn’t the same for every other person who finds themselves in an abusive situation. They’re not given priority on being handed a council house. They’re given hap and can be given an additional 20% of the rate they’re entitled to, but if there is nothing available or they can’t find anywhere to live, they’re not prioritized. They’ll be moved into a women’s refuge. They will still have to wait on a council list like everyone else on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 255 ✭✭PuppyMcPupFace

They can’t get a barring order in every single case?? I didn’t admit I was wrong. Your situation isn’t the same for every other person who finds themselves in an abusive situation. They’re not given priority on being handed a council house. They’re given hap and can be given an additional 20% of the rate they’re entitled to, but if there is nothing available or they can’t find anywhere to live, they’re not prioritized. They’ll be moved into a women’s refuge. They will still have to wait on a council list like everyone else on it.

That's all true - the friend's daughter is a social worker dealing with the iffier cases. We should be opening these hotels for the needy of our own country, not strapping lads who blagged their way here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭airy fairy

I don't mind the refugees coming to Ireland, but certain criteria should be in place.
    They should have to integrate, this isn't happening, both with refugees, but with other eastern European cultures that arrived during the boom. Only shop in their shops, they go home for dental treatment, scans, and work, yes, work.
    They should not get priority on housing lists, medical lists or otherwise.
    I live near a facility that holds asylum seekers etc. Their
    kids go to school with mine, the majority are Muslim.
    Kids Xmas concert this year, Little Donkey not allowed, a parent complained about Bethlehem being in it. In fact no religious songs allowed at all, in a Catholic primary school.
    The 3 little pigs are not allowed as a story to junior infants, a Muslim family complained as they consider the pig to be dirty and should not beat the wolf.

We are bending over too much for foreign visitors.
    You live in Rome, you do as the Romans do....
    If I go to a foreign country I have to abide to their beliefs and traditions and culture, same should apply when people visit/live here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭enricoh

20k were is that figure from???

Apologies its 25k potential jihadis in the uk. More enrichment than i thought!

UK home to up to 25,000 Islamist extremists who could pose threat, EU ...
    https://www.independent.co.uk › ...
    ttps://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news

• Advertisement

its grim
    Pobal HP Description 2016 disadvantaged
    Age dependency ratio (%) 30.61
    Lone parent ratio (%) 28
    Prop. primary education only (%) 29
    Prop. third level education (%) 18.68
    Prop. local authority rented (%) 18.58
    Unemployment rate - male (%) 27.27
    Unemployment rate - female (%) 15.58

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement