Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gatwick closed (mod note post 1)

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,462 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Gatwick Airport: Majority stake sold to French firm
    French purchaser Vinci says Gatwick offers "significant potential for growth".
    The question is, where will that growth come from? Gatwick is already operating at a high level of efficiency, squeezing the maximum number of landings and takeoffs from its single runway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Homer wrote: »
    Have a look at the map below. In the greater Dublin/Leinster region there are 3 geo locked zones.. Dublin Airport, Casement Aerodrome and the Aviva stadium. Funnily enough Croke Park is not a no fly zone despite being a bigger stadium!
    Is this a soccer thing? since the Albanian/Serbia match was abandoned due to a drone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

And can I get my house and property geo-locked? Drones are a nuisance to me too!

Or do the little people just have to put up with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

arubex wrote: »
    And can I get my house and property geo-locked? Drones are a nuisance to me too!

Or do the little people just have to put up with it?

Geo locking is done based on risk assessment to safety, not at the whim of the little people thankfully :rolleyes:

Is this a soccer thing? since the Albanian/Serbia match was abandoned due to a drone

No, its a bit of a technicality. Dublin is all covered by Class C airspace. You aren't allowed to fly in Dublin above 15m without written permission of Dublin ATC. You can take a risk and get arrested but as Gatwick shows, you'll be hard to find.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

For those who were advocating shooting at "it"

https://twitter.com/sommervilletv/status/1080724993238069249?s=19

For those who were advocating shooting at "it"

https://twitter.com/sommervilletv/status/1080724993238069249?s=19

If a royal with a shotgun can take down a pheasent, surely a well trained soldier can shoot one down :D

He also left out the fact Drones use high capacity Lithium polyermer batteries who prefer exploding instead of staying batteries. Hence shooting one creates a falling fireball!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Heathrow’s turn now!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Yup!

Heathrow Airport says departures have been suspended and Sky News understands its northern runway has closed after reports of a drone sighting

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

We'll see now if this is a copycat or if someone was using Gatwick for a test run. This obviously has the potential to be substantially more disruptive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Mech1

looks like its open now, plane just took off from northern runway.

Advertisement