Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gatwick closed (mod note post 1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

I think her eyebrows date it to the fairly recent fashion phenomenon of making them look like runways! :)

Francie i'll bow to your superior judgement in these matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Yeah there's simply no way that woman is 54. I'd struggle to put him at 47 either.

Must take up that drone business myself so.

Better than Oil of Ulay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

apparently they have alibis, and his mum has said @he is a very nice boy not an Eco-warrior.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/gatwick-drone-suspect-paul-gaits-13771091

Released without charge according to sky news

• Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Homer

If they own drones (which they apparently do) then all they need to do is inspect the flight logs which is incredibly easy to do and it will show dates/times/locations of any flights. Should be easy enough to rule them in/out.
    From what I’ve read I would have serious doubts over whether it’s them. His boss is providing an alibi and his neighbours are dying they would be shocked if it was them. He works from 7am to 7pm etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-46665615
    Gatwick drones pair 'no longer suspects'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

So nice of the rags to publish their photos everywhere before they’ve been charged, probably have a case for suing the papers now given they’ve been ruled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

So these two are no longer suspects

Stitch up job not carried through?

So nice of the rags to publish their photos everywhere before they’ve been charged, probably have a case for suing the papers now given they’ve been ruled out.

Yeah I was very surprised that they were all over the papers this morning. BBC vs Cliff Richards comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,725 ✭✭✭✭zell12

bHEtyAT.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Hope they get millions.

Clearly the whole 'drones' nonsense is a cover-up for what actually went on. If there was a possibility of a major attack then that's maybe understandable, but the duplicity of the official media is laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Hope they get millions.

Clearly the whole 'drones' nonsense is a cover-up for what actually went on. If there was a possibility of a major attack then that's maybe understandable, but the duplicity of the official media is laughable.

Haven't you already been told to stop with these type of posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,147 ✭✭✭plodder

Uh oh. The drone is back (on this thread). Cant someone take it out with a bazooka or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fishermantolka

All you smart people who think that shooting it down is a good idea. Where will it fall ? Where will the rounds that miss go ? Think guys think... Finding a bullet on the runway ? Bullets travel for miles Mate...

they are beginning to look their age now. so long as some vigilante fool doesn't decide to exact "justice". i would have thought they will need some form of interim police protection after this.

they are beginning to look their age now. so long as some vigilante fool doesn't decide to exact "justice". i would have thought they will need some form of interim police protection after this.

I’m sure that dog poo is already in their letterbox.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

No ethics from UK tabloids as expected, plastering their faces all over the news before they're even charged. Police shouldn't be releasing names either if that's how they got them.

Amirani wrote: »
    No ethics from UK tabloids as expected, plastering their faces all over the news before they're even charged. Police shouldn't be releasing names either if that's how they got them.

mind you if they play their cards right, employ the services of a good publicity/media agent, give the mandatory exclusive interview "How our lives were destroyed by Drone maniacs".

then there's the issue of psychological distress, depression, and of course possible Home Office compensation...

all in all it might yet turn out to be a bumper Christmas for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Haven't you already been told to stop with these type of posts?
    Sorry darling, we're not in the 1950s any more. Censorship no longer permitted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

24 hour ban for repeatedly breaching moderation instructions. This will go to 72 hours then a week if you continue.

SkyNews has reported that a damaged drone was found close to Gatwick airport.
    Could be connected to the recent "attack".

I agree with those calling for some type of mandatory chipping process, similar to what we have on Dogs, which would enable the owners of these things to be located more easily. Cant imagine it would add much more than a tenner per unit to the pp.
    As it stands these idiots are in danger of effectively criminalising all drone hobbyists, which is not fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

L1011 wrote: »
    24 hour ban for repeatedly breaching moderation instructions.

:pac:

:pac:

LOL don't question the Mod Gods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

The press really is populated by unscrupulous odious individuals. I hope the couple get suitably compensated for this carry on. Questions will need to be asked of the police and their interaction with the media in releasing the names of suspects as well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

zell12 wrote: »
    bHEtyAT.jpg

I'm guessing from the layout that's the Daily Mail. What a ****ing rag. "Drone couple" in large font even in the story saying they're not suspects.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Well that couple are in for a nice windfall.

The Daily Mail doing what they do best, printing front page headline "Are these the Morons who ruined Christmas ?" before someone is even charged.

They have certainly ruined Geordie Greig's Christmas now that they have been released without charge. What a moron for printing such a headline.

Who was it that said the authorities obviously know what they're doing and we should bow to their superior knowledge? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,105 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

zapitastas wrote: »
    The press really is populated by unscrupulous odious individuals. I hope the couple get suitably compensated for this carry on. Questions will need to be asked of the police and their interaction with the media in releasing the names of suspects as well

Police statement on BBC just now said they had not released the names to the media

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Police statement on BBC just now said they had not released the names to the media

Well clearly their names were given to the rag meejia, who doxxed the innocent couple.

Piers Morgan getting a right going over on Twitter. He posted pictures on his twitter feed. He has 6.5milliion followers.

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1076817405547081729

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1076801859300528128

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

STB. wrote: »
    The Daily Mail doing what they do best, printing front page headline "Are these the Morons who ruined Christmas ?" before someone is even charged.

Most newspaper headlines that end with question marks can be safely answered ‘no’.

• Advertisement

faoiarvok wrote: »
    Most newspaper headlines that end with question marks can be safely answered ‘no’.

Yes I know. Most newspaper headlines that have the word morons can safely be disregarded. Or Indeed Daily Mail above them.

Some of the responses to Piers Morgan are hilarious.

I particularly like the one that says "You should hack their phones just to make sure."

It will be a shít Christmas for this couple, but next year they'll be in the Bahamas.

Advertisement