Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

NIMAN wrote:
    They generally are fairly thick people with no concept how the world works.

They seem to be better off than you or I in the current climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,007 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'm happy with my lot in life.

But if I borrow a pile of cash, I realise I have to pay it back.

Only the ultra thick think otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,071 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The problem was the way in which that farming family in Strokestown were dealt with. I think this has started off a movement to stop people being forced off their land or out of their house.

The little people are fighting back.

Defaulting on debts is now the little people fighting back? Hopefully there's still some adults around.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,007 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I suppose if you see the masses getting behind you, to defend your right to not pay back money and sit in a property rent free for a decade, then more people will see it a viable option.

Don't forget we already have thousands of people in mortgage arrears in this country with little fear of eviction. Some simply stopped paying and ignored the banks and have been living rent free for several years now. Cos we have a history of seeing eviction as not the done thing to do due to something that happened 150 years ago.

Every other country has normal eviction procedures, we don't.

But sure I'll stop paying my debts, and if anyone tries to evict me, I'll get some hard nuts ex Provos from NI to come down and give them a beating.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

The problem was the way in which that farming family in Strokestown were dealt with. I think this has started off a movement to stop people being forced off their land or out of their house.

The little people are fighting back.

The "Problem" was the way in which that Farming Family dealt with their financial matters.

The central figure appeared more than willing to ignore,any and all,conventions surrounding the financing of property and commercial dealings.

IF there has been any movement started by this case,it is one to allow chancers and hardy bucks to ride roughshod over their friends and neighbours.

If by "Little People" you mean Faries,Leprechauns,Sprites and Angels,then fair enough,but the rest of the little people are out working whilst all the Pishkeens do their magick....:eek:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement

How very interesting....

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/roscommon-eviction-man-quietly-charged-over-attack-1.3755362

Charged with burglary. Bailed. Back in court next Friday

I wonder if the "enhanced video footage" came from the Body Cams worn by some of the baliffs ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

NIMAN wrote: »
    A lot of the people defending this are also on the take, take, take. Likely not taxpayers, sponging off the state and think that money grows on trees.

And that this is all OK cos someone else can pay for it.

They generally are fairly thick people with no concept how the world works.

IMG-20190112-142656.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭blueythebear

IMG-20190112-142656.jpg

What's that got to do with the mcganns not paying their mortgage and being evicted? Any benefit fraud that might have been done by this chap does not cancel out the mcganns failing to repay their mortgage. He is being pursued through the appropriate avenues in the north and if guilty will be punished

What's that got to do with the mcganns not paying their mortgage and being evicted? Any benefit fraud that might have been done by this chap does not cancel out the mcganns failing to repay their mortgage. He is being pursued through the appropriate avenues in the north and if guilty will be punished

Maybe check the post I've quoted...

Maybe check the post I've quoted...

That post pointed out that defenders of the mcganns are on the take too, like them Just because one of the security guards may have been claiming housing benefit wrongly doesn't negate the point that supporters of Mr mcganns actions are likely to be getting everything they can for nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

That post pointed out that defenders of the mcganns are on the take too, like them Just because one of the security guards may have been claiming housing benefit wrongly doesn't negate the point that supporters of Mr mcganns actions are likely to be getting everything they can for nothing

The rule of law applies in Northern Ireland, no surprise there.

McGann supporters are a bunch of scroungers but the loyalist may have accidentally made a booboo with his claims... alrighty then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Man charged with violent disorder over incident at farm in Strokestown https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2019/0112/1022841-district-court-roscommon/ is this guy http://www.highlandradio.com/2016/09/01/more-details-from-ramelton-stand-off-property-owner-says-he-owed-the-bank-no-money/ listen to the audio where he refers to men from a different jurisdiction entering his property and changing the locks which he says they ended up giving him the keys to because they didn't have the paperwork. Can't find anything more about that incident

Man charged with violent disorder over incident at farm in Strokestown https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2019/0112/1022841-district-court-roscommon/ is this guy http://www.highlandradio.com/2016/09/01/more-details-from-ramelton-stand-off-property-owner-says-he-owed-the-bank-no-money/ listen to the audio where he refers to men from a different jurisdiction entering his property and changing the locks which he said they ended up giving him the keys to.Can't find anything more about that incident

What a bluffer. Since that was a commercial property, the bank would have appointed a receiver - no court order needed, just a deed of appointment. All the balderdash about men “from a different jurisdiction” is completely irrelevant. If the receiver chooses to use ISIS to take possession it makes no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

IMG-20190112-142656.jpg

"Bailiff Lennox at centre of eviction scandal is hauled in over alleged fraud "

Nice word, not utilised enough around these parts.

McGann supporters are a bunch of scroungers but the loyalist may have accidentally made a booboo with his claims... alrighty then.

Not at all. If guilty he should be punished appropriately. The penalty for benefit fraud is freely available information. By the same token mcgann knew what would happen when he failed to pay his mortgage...those people supporting him, support what he did, therefore they support scroungers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Glass houses and all of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Good to see the judge didn’t bail that thug.

goat2 wrote: »
    Glass houses and all of that.

Because one of the bailiffs involved was accused of benefit fraud ? If he was convicted of assault previously, then I'd see where the problem is, but even if he was guilty of housing benefit fraud, I have no doubt the Bank was not aware. Anyway this is only an allegation at present, he is innocent until proven guilty after all.

• Advertisement

fullstop wrote: »
    Good to see the judge didn’t bail that thug.

Well... he’s innocent too until proven guilty, so let’s wait and see... but if he is convicted, anyone in his phone records should be having their collars felt fairly soon. I’d bet the District Judge will refuse jurisdiction...and there’ll be other charges later.

https://connachttribune.ie/father-fined-over-assault-as-daughters-big-day-descends-into-chaos-900

http://www.highlandradio.com/2016/09/01/more-details-from-ramelton-stand-off-property-owner-says-he-owed-the-bank-no-money/

It would appear that the gentlemen arrested have form for Freeman of the land type of lunacy. It's one thing to try and "freeman" your way out of legal obligations but it's another story if you (allegedly) assault people as part of a belief system that is based on deliberately misunderstanding facts and the law...

https://connachttribune.ie/father-fined-over-assault-as-daughters-big-day-descends-into-chaos-900

http://www.highlandradio.com/2016/09/01/more-details-from-ramelton-stand-off-property-owner-says-he-owed-the-bank-no-money/

It would appear that the gentlemen arrested have form for Freeman of the land type of lunacy. It's one thing to try and "freeman" your way out of legal obligations but it's another story if you (allegedly) assault people as part of a belief system that is based on deliberately misunderstanding facts and the law...

Holy God Bluey,the Connacht Tribune article is chock full of early warning signs about this lads state of mind.

Looks as if his ex-wife took action before it got worse...
    Cross examined by O’Toole, who asked if he had ever frightened his children, his ex-wife replied that the reason they left was because of his temper and bad behaviour.
    Louise said she saw her father strike her mother and that he tried to hit both her and her brother that day.

Sadly,in an apparent desire to comply with the Punch caricature of the native Irishman,our society appears to be increasingly elevating these loons to a higher status. :(

so one year he assaulted a person at his daughter confirmation and then the next year he came back for another daughters confirmation breaching a protection order and threatened a garda https://connachttribune.ie/two-jailed-following-carpark-fight-during-confirmation-842/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

so one year he assaulted a person at his daughter confirmation and then the next year he came back for another daughters confirmation and threatened a garda https://connachttribune.ie/two-jailed-following-carpark-fight-during-confirmation-842/

And you’ve people on here cheering on this brand of scumbag :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

fullstop wrote: »
    And you’ve people on here cheering on this brand of scumbag :rolleyes:

That’s our country these days, Period , Jobstown has a lot to answer for.

That’s our country these days, Period , Jobstown has a lot to answer for.
    some people engaged in violence or property destruction in jobstown were prosecuted

blanch152 wrote: »
    Given the strong support for the McGanns from the likes of Matt Carthy and Pearse Doherty, I am not so sure anymore that the vigilante mob which killed the dog were just dissident republicans.

Well, what do you know: Retired garda alleges serious assault at Strokestown eviction:
    Separately Martin O’Toole (54) from Stripe Irish Town, Claremorris, Co Mayo, was remanded in custody until February 1st after appearing at Harristown court charged with burglary and trespass at Falsk, Strokestown, on December 16th last.

When his case was called counsel Morgan Shelley, instructed by solicitor Phelim O’Neill, said he wanted to flag an issue.

Surely there's at least one great conspiracy theory right there in that name?

Well, what do you know: Retired garda alleges serious assault at Strokestown eviction:

Surely there's at least one great conspiracy theory right there in that name?

Certainly a lot of overlap...phelim oneill was assisting the mcganns early on in the process according to one facebook post.

He also is the solicitor for Emmet Corcoran, the "journalist" arrested and questioned by the gardai. Incidentally phelim o Neill and Emmet Corcoran appear to be the owners of the democrat newspaper, which managed to get hold of video of the immediate aftermath of the attack

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Certainly a lot of overlap...phelim oneill was assisting the mcganns early on in the process according to one facebook post.

He also is the solicitor for Emmet Corcoran, the "journalist" arrested and questioned by the gardai. Incidentally phelim o Neill and Emmet Corcoran appear to be the owners of the democrat newspaper, which managed to get hold of video of the immediate aftermath of the attack
    Where is this newspaper based?
    There's the Roscommon Herald and Roscommon People
    They are the only two newspapers in Roscommon

Advertisement