Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

as i see it, there was no resisting as it was a private security company carrying out the eviction. what happened would only be resisting if it was the gardai carrying out the eviction. if a hired goon manhandles someone then they are entitled to resist that as they are all civilians. only if one resists the gardai arresting them is there a problem.

If your vision is that bad you need a trip to Specsavers. It was a Court Messenger who was executing a lawful warrant, assisted by security company personnel who, in that role, are bailiffs. The idiots obstructing the repossession deserved all they got and more. It was done as well as it could have been, given the obstruction, a cut knee and a nosebleed is nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

JCJCJC wrote: »

The idiots obstructing the repossession deserved all they got and more. ............

Any chance they were powered by this lot somehow ?

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057944886/

dunno like

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

If your vision is that bad you need a trip to Specsavers. It was a Court Messenger who was executing a lawful warrant, assisted by security company personnel who, in that role, are bailiffs. The idiots obstructing the repossession deserved all they got and more. It was done as well as it could have been, given the obstruction, a cut knee and a nosebleed is nothing.

the court messenger was able to carry out the warrent and was not from what i saw in the video obstructed. actually i'm unsure if it has been confirmed that a security company can automatically be declared bailiffs just by assisting the sheriff. even if they could it doesn't matter to me, i still believe that people supposibly resisting them isn't a problem compared to resisting the gardai carrying out it's duties. those supposibly obstructing did not deserve all they got as what i believe to be hired mersinaries doing whatever is not the same as the gards manhandling or using force when carrying out it's duties.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

the court messenger was able to carry out the warrent and was not from what i saw in the video obstructed. actually i'm unsure if it has been confirmed that a security company can automatically be declared bailiffs just by assisting the sheriff. even if they could it doesn't matter to me, i still believe that people supposibly resisting them isn't a problem compared to resisting the gardai carrying out it's duties. those supposibly obstructing did not deserve all they got as what i believe to be hired mersinaries doing whatever is not the same as the gards manhandling or using force when carrying out it's duties.

You don’t strike me as someone overburdened with too much education.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

How very interesting....

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/roscommon-eviction-man-quietly-charged-over-attack-1.3755362

Charged with burglary. Bailed. Back in court next Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

JCJCJC wrote:

You mean the baliffs deserved all they got!****in scumbags. **** off back to the north and do their evictions. They know now they aint welcome in the republic. The northerners think they can come down here with there hard men and there wont be any consequences? That day is long gone. Them hard lads from the north wont be down anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 19,142 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

How very interesting....

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/roscommon-eviction-man-quietly-charged-over-attack-1.3755362

Charged with burglary. Bailed. Back in court next Friday

Cops just making sure the charges stick- not like Jobstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

keavebm wrote: »
    You mean the baliffs deserved all they got!****in scumbags. **** off back to the north and do their evictions. They know now they aint welcome in the republic. The northerners think they can come down here with there hard men and there wont be any consequences? That day is long gone. Them hard lads from the north wont be down anytime soon

Yes because vigilante justice is always the answer and we should let everyone take the law into their own hands:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Have any names being released yet of those charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭blueythebear

The video clearly shows people on the property, who are not the owners and refusing to leave...guess what happens if the gardai removed these people? The facebook morons would be out in force screaming about the gardai being private security for the banks.

• Advertisement

keavebm wrote: »

If you have to evict someone because they refuse to pay, or engage....Then you need security guards. When no company in Ireland will do this, you logically go to the next nearest jurisdiction.

It's unfortunate that some people are still hung up about famine time evictions, particularly because they happened several generations ago. The historical significance is not lost on me but it makes no difference. The eviction had to happen in this case

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Mrs cockett

But the fact remains the McGanns are still in the house, And where are the next security guards going to come from to evict them

But the fact remains the McGanns are still in the house, And where are the next security guards going to come from to evict them

The next security guards will be a gang of gardai executing attachment and committal orders from the high court, arresting anyone in the property

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

The knee injury?

Must have taken at least 2 days to heal, not seen a booboo like that since my son fell off his skateboard back in 04

He got a plaster at the doctor's and a sticker saying 'I was a brave boy at the doctor today' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

You don’t strike me as someone overburdened with too much education.

A very succinct summation of eotr's ramblings on all these types of threads, frankly. Kudos.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The video clearly shows people on the property, who are not the owners and refusing to leave...guess what happens if the gardai removed these people? The facebook morons would be out in force screaming about the gardai being private security for the banks.

so be it, i can live with it. it's preferable to the current situation.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Where’s Ireland’s Granny (Anna Kavanagh) when you need her?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Questioning sacred Cows

The problem was the way in which that farming family in Strokestown were dealt with. I think this has started off a movement to stop people being forced off their land or out of their house.

The little people are fighting back.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

That is not shown in the video at all. If you want to say the time on the video that we see any of the protesters getting punched I'll happily accede that I'm wrong. But I have seen the video and there are no punches thrown other than some half asset ones by one of the protestors

I'm just waiting for someone to come along saying that Leo editted the video.

fullstop wrote: »
    A very succinct summation of eotr's ramblings on all these types of threads, frankly. Kudos.

THANKS!!

• Advertisement

The problem was the way in which that farming family in Strokestown were dealt with. I think this has started off a movement to stop people being forced off their land or out of their house.

It wasn't their land or house..they refused to make the payments on it.

The next security guards will be a gang of gardai executing attachment and committal orders from the high court, arresting anyone in the property

You know your law...

What!

After 8 years negotiations, high court orders, dealings with the Revenue, !!

You can not be serious.

The key word there is ‘farming’. Do you think farmers and landowners shouldn’t pay their way in Irish society? Are you equally as sympathetic to the travelers who are also being evicted from lands in Dublin for illegal occupation?

Little people are the PAYE taxpayers who work every day to subsidize your grants, Green diesel, cheap road tax and single farm payment, or “entitlements” as they’re now known. They haven’t time or energy to fight anyone, they’re too busy being nett contributors to society.

Where’s Ireland’s Granny (Anna Kavanagh) when you need her?

Waiting for the next full moon, to howl up at it. She seems to be the blithering eejit who started the myth that the occupiers were pulled out by the ears.

The key word there is ‘farming’. Do you think farmers and landowners shouldn’t pay their way in Irish society? Are you equally as sympathetic to the travelers who are also being evicted from lands in Dublin for illegal occupation?

Little people are the PAYE taxpayers who work every day to subsidize your grants, Green diesel, cheap road tax and single farm payment, or “entitlements” as they’re now known. They haven’t time or energy to fight anyone, they’re too busy being nett contributors to society.

Excellent post and well put, time the real ‘little people’ who are as you describe them, stood up to flood of propaganda being shunted out by the various ‘Solidarity’ groups who clog Twitter and other platforms with their ‘agendas’.

Watch them go four square behind the nurses pay dispute, which will inevitably have knock on claims from those already well paid.Watch them on every picket line ‘showing solidarity’ on sure fire public sympathy causes.

Of course they blithely ignore the fact that the more taxpayers money going to Public Service,to people already well paid, will mean less money available for housing and other pressing issues.

The ‘little people’ are waking up and seeing what’s happening.

The real ‘little people’ haven’t time or energy to be wearing out shoes and bullhorn batteries, they reserve their energy for the ballot box which is why these PBPS folk barely get 1%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

The little people.

Well maybe when you’s start behaving like grown ups, you can come join the big people.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I have a genuine question for you. If it wasn't possible to evict someone, why would anyone bother paying back a mortgage?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,241 ✭✭✭facehugger99

pablo128 wrote: »
    I have a genuine question for you. If it wasn't possible to evict someone, why would anyone bother paying back a mortgage?

Why would a bank bother lending it in the first place?

If the credit system collapses this country will be up **** creek without a paddle. Not that the usual populist imbeciles care.

Those who do pay their bills in this country are already funding the feckless and reckless to the tunes of millions of euros a year - it's a fcuking joke that you have people defending this bullsh;ttery..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,156 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

A lot of the people defending this are also on the take, take, take. Likely not taxpayers, sponging off the state and think that money grows on trees.

And that this is all OK cos someone else can pay for it.

They generally are fairly thick people with no concept how the world works.

Advertisement