Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

mgn wrote: »
    So its okay to pay nothing for 8 years and stay in the house, why have the being allowed to say there that long without being evicted.

Because the court case is ongoing. It’s hardly rocket science.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭pgj2015

someone bought john gilligans jessbrook equestrian estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Steer55

pablo128 wrote: »
    Buy the house, insure it, and sit back and let the neanderthals work away. The house needs to be knocked anyway. The state of it.

How much is it worth, rural Roscommon, circa 70 or €80,000 . Is it really worth the banks time kicking the three occupants out onto the side of the road in full glare of the media. Would it not be better to charge them rent in order for them to continue residing there.

Steer55 wrote: »
    How much is it worth, rural Roscommon, circa 70 or €80,000 . Is it really worth the banks time kicking the three occupants out onto the side of the road in full glare of the media. Would it not be better to charge them rent in order for them to continue residing there.

Is there not a large amount of land to go with it too??

id kick them out even if i never got a cent for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

How much would rent be in rural Roscommon. A pittance. Fcuk them out. They have other properties. They won't be sleeping in a ditch or barn.

How much would rent be in rural Roscommon. A pittance. Fcuk them out. They have other properties. They won't be sleeping in a ditch or barn.

even if they have to sleep in a barn or ditch thats not KBC'S problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Steer55

I wasn't aware they had other properties...

I wasn't aware they had other properties...

.......yet had no problem jumping in to defend them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

If it's at the right money it will sell.

Houses like that don't sell for the simple reason it's in the middle of a farm yard, imagine if someone bought it say in the summer time, nice quite rural setting, come winter time maybe 100 cattle in the sheds beside it looing all night, as for the smell you would want to come from a farming background otherwise you wouldn't last to long.

• Advertisement

Houses like that don't sell for the simple reason it's in the middle of a farm yard, imagine if someone bought it say in the summer time, nice quite rural setting, come winter time maybe 100 cattle in the sheds beside it looing all night, as for the smell you would want to come from a farming background otherwise you wouldn't last to long.

You could say the same about thousands of farm houses around the country. What makes this one so special?

Because the court case is ongoing. It’s hardly rocket science.

So its okay to buy a property and pay nothing.

So its okay to buy a property and pay nothing.

Who said that? Has the judge called you with his ruling before he’s announced it in public??

You could say the same about thousands of farm houses around the country. What makes this one so special?

I take it you know nothing about country living.

Is there not a large amount of land to go with it too??

I don't know,i thought it was the house the were repossessing,i dident hear land be mentioned anywhere,i could be wrong though.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    someone bought john gilligans jessbrook equestrian estate.

Bit of a difference in the two properties.

I take it you know nothing about country living.

You've nothing left now but trying to belittle other posters. You could be right about me but you've no argument left

Who said that? Has the judge called you with his ruling before he’s announced it in public??

The paid nothing for 8 years, so that's okay so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Pamela Flood and her husband for instance, mortgage of 1.2 million nothing paid for years, still living there.

Who?

Is she a celebrity?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

lola85 wrote: »
    Who?

Pamela Flood and her husband for instance, mortgage of 1.2 million nothing paid for years, still living there.
    Teresa Lowe and Frank McNamara as well

• Advertisement

Bit of a difference in the two properties.

my point was if someone was willing to buy jessbrook formerly owned by a scumbag criminal like gilligan then im sure someone would buy this property if it suited them and some elderly people and a few backward locals wouldnt put them off.

Who?

Is she a celebrity?

She thinks she is anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Who?

Is she a celebrity?

No and although it might be tempting don't waste your time googling her name, it has never been mentioned in Irish media, not even once.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

I don't know,i thought it was the house the were repossessing,i dident hear land be mentioned anywhere,i could be wrong though.

Thats didnt stop you coming in and posting uninformed ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

my point was if someone was willing to buy jessbrook formerly owned by a scumbag criminal like gilligan then im sure someone would buy this property if it suited them and some elderly people and a few backward locals wouldnt put them off.
    A house only fit for the bulldozer and middling land. No value except for agricultural use. Someone will buy it. They havent too many locals that would support them by illegal means

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

even if they have to sleep in a barn or ditch thats not KBC'S problem.

And this is precisely why some of us fundamentally oppose the very concept of usury and for-profit banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

That’s one case and has been in the courts for the past few months. Name a few more there. There are “plenty”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Wow this is quite a toxic thread, do people not have an ounce of compassion anymore? I know a property developer who's in circa €1,000,000 debt with KBC and they wouldn't dare try to seize his home. Why are people siding with the banks?? How naive do you have to be to not realise that they don't care about you? You're nothing but a resource they exploit to turn a profit, at whatever the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Wow this is quite a toxic thread, do people not have an ounce of compassion anymore? I know a property developer who's in circa €1,000,000 debt with KBC and they wouldn't dare try to seize his home. Why are people siding with the banks?? How naive do you have to be to not realise that they don't care about you? You're nothing but a resource they exploit to turn a profit, at whatever the cost.

Social conditioning. We’ve all been raised to see private control of the monetary system and interest based usury as normal and acceptable and not to actually question how archaic and moronic it is that we still tolerate it. Very few people seem to stop and think about how outdated and unnecessary it is in modern society.

• Advertisement

And this is precisely why some of us fundamentally oppose the very concept of usury and for-profit banking.

you can oppose what you want, its business, if you owe people money you pay them or get out, simple as.

Advertisement