Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XII - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ric Flair simply had to snapped up this round, still a good few names I would say the same about still knocking about though. Don't think Brock has faced SCSA in the draft. I had Brock Bryan in the BWA a few years before the WWE did.

oh and pm sent to Guappa

Had no hope of Flair, but had he lasted to me Id probably just select him. Had a ball writing for him as a face the first year I won it and he is simply to fun to write for to pass by at round 3 (though to be fair to Flair (Hi Bobby) he wasnt eligible for the first 2 rounds)

SlickRic wrote: »
    i meant in PW Draft history!

Sorry, I meant while it never happened in the draft, it never happened in real life too. It almost did but the fact it doidnt makes it a fantasy match up that cant be passed up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Depending on the speed of the rest of this round, I hope to have Round 4's order up this eve or tomorrow before I go to work.

Will there be a stip... I wonders....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Is it weird I always look forward to stip rounds more? Makes the picking more fun.

Necro wrote: »
    Depending on the speed of the rest of this round, I hope to have Round 4's order up this eve or tomorrow before I go to work.

Will there be a stip... I wonders....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Throw it up now :)

Hopefully Mr G can pop up as Im in meetings soon for the rest of the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Throw it up now :)

Hopefully Mr G can pop up as Im in meetings soon for the rest of the evening.

Can't, I've my spreadsheet on the laptop :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Really pleased to add Randy Savage to my roster. Leaves me a lot of flexibility when choosing an opponent for him, and I'm thinking he could be cool to write for.

That was a hard choice.

A few picks I wanted, then some I had no intention of drafting despite the big names but were almost too good to turn down.

I wanted Cody though, as a chaarcter hes flexible and hes doing fantasticly well outside of WWE.

His Brothers a nice bonus though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

beakerjoe wrote: »
    That was a hard choice.

A few picks I wanted, then some I had no intention of drafting despite the big names but were almost too good to turn down.

I wanted Cody though, as a chaarcter hes flexible and hes doing fantasticly well outside of WWE.

His Brothers a nice bonus though.

God damn it :(

Hadnt set it in stone, but I was leaning towards a Hunter/Cody/Omega feud :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Great bang for your buck pick there. Two super talents. Goldie is an underrated one for sure. It always pick him.

It’s interesting to see a wrestlers stock grow and fall within the draft year. Cody was a much wanted transfer last year but he is even more a big deal this year with AEW n all that.

• Advertisement

AJ is great value at this stage. Couldnt believe he was still available.

Went with who I originally wanted but cant help thinking I let AJ slip.

MNGs roster is seriously stacked

Yeah I was amazed he wasn't grabbed in the first round in all honesty. Huge pick this deep in round 3.

Round 4 up, stip up.

Stipulation: Only superstars who have competed for ECW OR WWECW are eligible in this round.

Round 5 will be an average order round folks, so if you've had a bad run then round 5 is the one for you I guess. Myself and Ric seem attached at the hip!

And yeah, I cheated a little to get Deadpool in :P

The second round stip stopped me picking DIY and AJ.

Could have selected AJ and Okada but they have enough real history.

Rosters so Far...

Player Name Round 1 Round 2 Round 3

Mr. Nice Guy Randy Orton Bret Hart AJ Styles
    Bounty Hunter Shawn Michaels Hiroshi Tanahashi The Rock
    beakerjoe Becky Lynch Aleister Black Cody Rhodes & Goldust
    Necro Finn Balor Sheamus CM Punk
    Mr. Guappa Ronda Rousey Trish Stratus Randy Savage
    daithi1989 John Cena Pete Dunne Goldberg
    Ruat Caelum Chris Jericho Roddy Piper Hulk Hogan
    paulie21 Roman Reigns Edge Ric Flair
    JP Liz V1 Seth Rollins Owen Hart & British Bulldog Eddie Guerrero
    Alfred Borden The Undertaker Kane
    Lord TSC Triple H Kenny Omega
    Shagnastii Kurt Angle Tetsuya Naito
    SlickRic Brock Lesnar Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi Steve Austin
    A Brad Maddox Guy Daniel Bryan Cesaro & Tyson Kidd
    DM_7 Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa Kazuchika Okada

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I have excel sheets of rosters for most of the years I've taken part, currently using last year's to help figure out potential picks. Thought it was interesting the jump certain picks have made especially considering reduced participation. For starters females; 3 women have gone in the 1st two rounds this year, it was Rd 4 before one was taken last year and it wasn't until Rd 6 that another was picked (three went in that round & surprisingly none of them were Trish Stratus).

Also due to the stip Sheamus & Tyson Kidd have had a huge jump from Rd 6 to Rd 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Excuse the delays guys. I’m just going to Pat Shortt in the Olympia. Will get my pick up on the way home. 9/10

Sorry.

I have excel sheets of rosters for most of the years I've taken part, currently using last year's to help figure out potential picks. Thought it was interesting the jump certain picks have made especially considering reduced participation. For starters females; 3 women have gone in the 1st two rounds this year, it was Rd 4 before one was taken last year and it wasn't until Rd 6 that another was picked (three went in that round & surprisingly none of them were Trish Stratus).

Also due to the stip Sheamus & Tyson Kidd have had a huge jump from Rd 6 to Rd 2

I think I'm skewing the women's stats! I've taken two of the three picked so far this year, and last year it was me who picked the one in Rd 4 (Becky) and one of the ones in Rd 6 (Asuka).

• Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Round 4 up, stip up.

Stipulation: Only superstars who have competed for ECW OR WWECW are eligible in this round.

Round 5 will be an average order round folks, so if you've had a bad run then round 5 is the one for you I guess. Myself and Ric seem attached at the hip!

I can't imagine I won't be last in round 5 so!

Round 4 up, stip up.

Just to clarify this stip... they had to have a match, right?

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Just to clarify this stip... they had to have a match, right?

Yeah, sorry if not clear, that's what I meant by competed.

Yeah, sorry if not clear, that's what I meant by competed.

Ah no, its crystal clear to be honest. I just spotted a few gems and wanted to be sure where I stood.

Round 4 up, stip up.

Stipulation: Only superstars who have appeared on ECW OR WWECW are eligible in this round.

Folks, apologies, slight amendment to the wording of the stip (was pointed out to me via PM, thank you kind mysterious soul).

Updated above and on the Picks Thread.

What was wrong with original wording?

DM_7 wrote: »
    What was wrong with original wording?

It might have been a little misleading for some. Apologies if so.

Folks, apologies, slight amendment to the wording of the stip (was pointed out to me via PM, thank you kind mysterious soul).

Updated above and on the Picks Thread.

So they didn't have to participate in a match, just make an appearance?

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    So they didn't have to participate in a match, just make an appearance?

Yes, apologies for the confusion. Been a long day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,807 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Sorry lads I buried my granny today been harder than expected

paulie21 wrote: »

Sorry to hear that paulie, don't stress about the draft anyways, much more important things going on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

paulie21 wrote: »

Sorry to hear that.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Advertisement