Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XII - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Just when I had a list... My top pick goes! Damn you Shag!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

DM7, cop on and pick first next round.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

beakerjoe wrote: »
    DM7, cop on and pick first next round.

I can if that is fair and least fuss. I just didn't want to step in late and then get an advantage.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ok so DM I'm just gonna leave the order as is with you at the bottom of this round and top of round 2. I don't think anyone minds at all with the late sign up. Appreciate the gesture though, but it's all a bit of fun so imo it doesn't matter that you were late to the party.

Hope everyone's happy with that :)

Pick up and DM sent. Will jazz pick up in the AM when I get to work.

Had Reigns on my list too; happy with my pick though! Not sure what I'll do with him yet, but should be fun to work with....wonder if I'm any good at writing Rap Lyrics...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I have a query regarding my pick so I've PM'd Necro. I won't be back online until the morning, so my pick will have to wait until then.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Round 2 is up with stips, in case of a late night, RAW induced flurry :D

Stipulations as per the thread:

Double Stipulation: Round Order from Rd. 1 has been reversed AND no wrestler born in the United States of America is permitted to be drafted in this round.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I have a query regarding my pick so I've PM'd Necro. I won't be back online until the morning, so my pick will have to wait until then.

And responded!

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Pick up and DM sent. Will jazz pick up in the AM when I get to work.

Had Reigns on my list too; happy with my pick though! Not sure what I'll do with him yet, but should be fun to work with....wonder if I'm any good at writing Rap Lyrics...

As long as you're better than this guy....

c85802efa864c3a3db6618c993eab51f.gif

You'll be grand :pac:

Well that stip for R2 kinda messes up what I had planned!

• Advertisement

Well that stip for R2 kinda messes up what I had planned!

Haha, that's the beauty of the draft :pac:

The flip side is that in round 3 there's likely to be a plethora of huge names available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Pick made and PM sent to MNG.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

After Becky going so early I was wondering if someone would snap Ronda up. Could be hard to compete against some womens divisions without getting someone in the first few rounds this year

After Becky going so early I was wondering if someone would snap Ronda up. Could be hard to compete against some womens divisions without getting someone in the first few rounds this year

Yeah, I kind of expected Rousey and Lynch to go early. Was considering drafting Becky myself tbh but wanted Balor more. Facepaint and all :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not even looking at picks till I see who MNG goes with.

I'm hopeful with my picks so close together, I can try and think of a duo who pair up well.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'll have my pick up shortly.

Edit: Pick made and PM sent. Looking forward to using this character which I always preferred to his later character.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Will work on my pick now :)

I'll have my pick up shortly.

Edit: Pick made and PM sent. Looking forward to using this character which I always preferred to his later character.

Yeah, 'Legend Killer' Orton was unreal, bonafide main event stuff.

His later stuff.... yeah let's save that for another thread :pac:

Looking forward to seeing what your plans are for him though!

Ah The Guy from DPW wont be returning for a 3rd run! He's easy to write for - enjoy MNG!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

“Legend Killer” Randy Orton was an absolute killer gimmick #punintended

Thought sure Jericho might have went through to round 2 and somebody would have tried bag him. Surprised that he was in fact born IN the States.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Ruat Caelum

Had to nab Jericho when I could, one of the greatest all round performers of all time.

Ah The Guy from DPW wont be returning for a 3rd run! He's easy to write for - enjoy MNG!

It is really tough to overlook guys you really like and have an affinity to (have had before). I think I’ve purposely chosen different people every year to change things up. You notice year in year out some characters are just so easy to “write” no matter who they share a roster with.

I deliberated between Cena and DIY - was so hoping they would slide through. Right... Back to the drawing board!

DIY were also my next pick too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

After 3 years, ill miss DIY.... i was going to draft them again too

OH! Spotted a tag team I've never had before and can't resist :D

That team have gone as a duo the last few years but wasn’t Kenny world champ this year?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    That team have gone as a duo the last few years but wasn’t Kenny world champ this year?

Yeah it's not a legal pick unfortunately. I've PMed Lord to change it

Ah, sorry, didn't know that title was involved.

Will remove one of them, but still want Omega :P

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ah, sorry, didn't know that title was involved.

Will remove one of them, but still want Omega :P

Can't remember whether it was beaker or BH that introduced the IWGP belt as a World Title. I think it was beaker as it was definitely since I started playing anyways.

Ah well, no harm done, cheers for that Lordie!

Advertisement