Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XII - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

paulie21 wrote: »
    Sorry lads I buried my granny today been harder than expected

Sorry to hear that paulie

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

paulie21 wrote: »
    Sorry lads I buried my granny today been harder than expected

Sorry Paulie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Sorry to hear that Paulie.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Chin up Paulie.

Hooe your doing ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    That was a hard choice.

A few picks I wanted, then some I had no intention of drafting despite the big names but were almost too good to turn down.

I wanted Cody though, as a chaarcter hes flexible and hes doing fantasticly well outside of WWE.

His Brothers a nice bonus though.

Cody with Goldie is a great double pick, I wonder would WWE try to get Cody back given how well he is doing, he had huge potential but they never seem to let him rise

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm 95% sure Batista hasn't been picked yet

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm 95% sure Batista hasn't been picked yet

You are correct. I was hoping he might slip through to me in round 4 :( He had one match under the WWECW umbrella which would have qualified him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Pick made and PM sent!

Three names i had when my pick arrived all gone in a row.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Necro wrote: »
    You are correct. I was hoping he might slip through to me in round 4 :( He had one match under the WWECW umbrella which would have qualified him :pac:

Couldn't resist when I spotted he was free. Fits into the idea I've got for the HHH/Omega story so well.

• Advertisement

Batista was one who I really considered.

A great underrated pick.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Batista was one who I really considered.

A great underrated pick.

I really wanted to pick him but thought he might not suit my roster in the end.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Seriously considered Batista but I had him last year and wanted to try and pick a new guy. Punk and Austin are two I've never had so they were top of my list this round.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I was torn between Batista and Savage for my pick. Like Necro I had spotted him as a sneaky one if he got to the ECW round.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Ruat Caelum

Batista is a great pick.

Don't want to be a d*CK....but...are Curt Hennig and Scot Hall still eligible as a tag team with tag teams limited to the promotions their limited to? I think they only regularly tagged in the AWA? They are a great pick.

Batista is a great pick.

Don't want to be a d*CK....but...are Curt Hennig and Scot Hall still eligible as a tag team with tag teams limited to the promotions their limited to? I think they only regularly tagged in the AWA? They are a great pick.

It's interesting as I had to look that up. AWA forged an alliance with NWA aligned promotions around the period that they were teaming. (it was in response to the massive expansion by WWF) to become known as Pro Wrestling USA and from what I can see it qualifies them.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Ruat Caelum

It's interesting as I had to look that up. AWA forged an alliance with NWA aligned promotions around the period that they were teaming. (it was in response to the massive expansion by WWF) to become known as Pro Wrestling USA and from what I can see it qualifies them.

Cheers! I'll have to look at that alliance now!(see if there are any other nice picks)

Looking forward to watching the ECW wweecw picks.... Don't think I have any huge preferences in it....

I only have one person in mind for next round so I expect that will go wrong for me :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Actually thought Owens might have got snapped up in the non American round so not surprised to see him taken now. The pick I passed up last time is still available but it’s a long wait from first to 2nd last especially with a limiting stip in play. Can’t plan this pick, definitely a wait and see what is available one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The now out of date picks list (see below) has been edited into the OP of the picks thread

Player Name Round 1 Round 2 Round 3

Mr. Nice Guy Randy Orton Bret Hart AJ Styles
    Bounty Hunter Shawn Michaels Hiroshi Tanahashi The Rock
    beakerjoe Becky Lynch Aleister Black Cody Rhodes & Goldust
    Necro Finn Balor Sheamus CM Punk
    Mr. Guappa Ronda Rousey Trish Stratus Randy Savage
    daithi1989 John Cena Pete Dunne Goldberg
    Ruat Caelum Chris Jericho Roddy Piper Hulk Hogan
    paulie21 Roman Reigns Edge Ric Flair
    JP Liz V1 Seth Rollins Owen Hart & British Bulldog Eddie Guerrero
    Alfred Borden The Undertaker Kane
    Lord TSC Triple H Kenny Omega
    Shagnastii Kurt Angle Tetsuya Naito
    SlickRic Brock Lesnar Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi Steve Austin
    A Brad Maddox Guy Daniel Bryan Cesaro & Tyson Kidd
    DM_7 Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa Kazuchika Okada

If anyone posts new updated lists ill do the same when I spot them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

A big chunk of my options options are after being taken so I'll have to wait til I get home from work to see who I have left on my list. I can think of two remaining but I'm certain I'm forgetting some

A big chunk of my options options are after being taken so I'll have to wait til I get home from work to see who I have left on my list. I can think of two remaining but I'm certain I'm forgetting some

Theres a good bit left when it comes to main event tier talent. Plenty might last until round 5 too with the stip in place.

Blargh that's a great pick MNG. I probably would have taken Foley myself had he fallen to me. Must be one of the latest rounds he's been drafted in, very diverse character. Would be a lot of fun to write for in multiple scenarios I'd imagine.

Was Drew on ECW?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

DM_7 wrote: »
    Was Drew on ECW?

He featured in 2 Dark Matches for the brand, and I seeked clarity before picking.

Fair play, would not have looked at that angle for someone. Appears like a great year to have him.

Pick up and PM sent to DM.

Was torn between two for this pick, but I think RVD suits my plans slightly better.

That is one hard hitting, ass-kicking roster Slick is assembling. I love it!

Pick done, PM sent.

I am picking so far with no plan at all yet find myself picking along the same ideas I always have.

Alfie I got your PM but can't reply as your inbox is full. Pick is perfectly fine though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Alfie I got your PM but can't reply as your inbox is full. Pick is perfectly fine though!

Thank you man. I'll clean up my PM's! :pac:

Advertisement