Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XII - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Im still not sure what to do with "The Man" yet, a few ideas for opponents in my head.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pick up, PM sent to Ric.

Delighted with Sheamus, thought he might be nabbed at the last minute on me, had eyes on drafting him every year since I started playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

SlickRic wrote: »
    I always forget that Kane was born in Spain.

Solid pick.

:eek:

You always learn something new in the draft

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Ruat Caelum

Sheamus is a great wrestler, much underappreciated by the fans I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Pick made. PM sent.

Couldn't resist the now classic pick of Misawa and Kobashi. They fit the feel I think I'm going for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Pick made. PM sent.

Couldn't resist the now classic pick of Misawa and Kobashi. They fit they feel I think I'm going for.

Was actually trying to not pick them again this year... too many times. With you up again now and no doubt adding another main eventer, I’m already liking the look of your roster this year.

Was actually trying to not pick them again this year... too many times. With you up again now and no doubt adding another main eventer, I’m already liking the look of your roster this year.

More luck than skill this year so far!

I wouldn't have picked Misawa/Kobashi, but there is a feel to my roster that I want to aim for that they fit with.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Will have pick up shortly just have a bit of work at the moment

So when I put up the draw and had a think about my options for this round it went:

Austin
    Punk
    Rock

In that order. Didn't mind which one. Delighted to get him on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Necro wrote: »
    So when I put up the draw and had a think about my options for this round it went:

Austin
    Punk
    Rock

In that order. Didn't mind which one. Delighted to get him on board.

Those 3 on my list with 2 others, and I pick 6th in this round...

• Advertisement

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Those 3 on my list with 2 others, and I pick 6th in this round...

Nail biting times... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Ruat Caelum

Pick made and hopefully pm sent! (Not used to using boards with phone)

If I hadn't had SCSA and / or Punk before I might have gone in those directions but (I could be wrong I have before given how many years i've done this) like HBK I don't think I've ever booked The Rock before so I'm looking forward to it.

And after that pick.. I now have 1 on my list, with 1 pick left ahead of me! Depending who Liz picks will determine how long it will take me to draft!

And after that pick.. I now have 1 on my list, with 1 pick left ahead of me! Depending who Liz picks will determine how long it will take me to draft!

Liz does not always take the obvious next choice, more so her personal favs so you may be in luck.

Hogan can be great fun to write for and if I didn't get HBK I might have gone his way for my main event feud. Obviously he was a massive face but he is just a natural heel to write for in modern times imo.

Rollins/Guerrero, Rollins/Owen or Owen/Guerrero would all be dream matches to be honest.

5 for 5!! Gonna have to go back to the drawing board! Will have the pick up later this afternoon.

5 for 5!! Gonna have to go back to the drawing board! Will have the pick up later this afternoon.

Eddie was initially my back up for Sheamus actually, then I realised he was born in the US so wasn't eligible!

Rollins/Guerrero, Rollins/Owen or Owen/Guerrero would all be dream matches to be honest.

Rollins v Eddie would be a feud that could work a few ways too. Face vs Face, Heel vs Face, Face vs Heel. It would be a match up I would have fun bringing to life. Well played Liz

This game will wreck your head if you set plans in stone.

I have a loos eplan, with inter-changable characters. Some fit my roles better than others. Had I not got Becky, Rhonda would fit the bill...... had they both gone, another female would have taken their spot.

Becky is just the best suited.

Ive a few people I can choose this round in my head, one would be ideal but its not the end of the world for me if I dont get them.

Happy to get Aliester Black in. I feel he can be a modern day Undertaker like persona in the WWE if given a chance.

A fantastic wrestler to boot too.

on my own picks, I just think it would have been stupid not to try and book Lesnar/Austin. i can't remember it being done before (though it probably was), and it's something to have a lot of fun with, particularly because of how the Lesnar character has recently evolved.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »

This game will wreck your head if you set plans in stone.

I have a loos eplan, with inter-changable characters. Some fit my roles better than others. Had I not got Becky, Rhonda would fit the bill...... had they both gone, another female would have taken their spot.

Yep, I learned the hard way my first game when I subbed in. Had a specific plan in mind and not really planning for back ups. When my wanted picks went then I was scrambling like mad to try and change things.

Loose and interchangeable is the way to go to avoid head melting!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sorry ;), he was my first choice pick for this round so happy to get him

on my own picks, I just think it would have been stupid not to try and book Lesnar/Austin. i can't remember it being done before (though it probably was), and it's something to have a lot of fun with, particularly because of how the Lesnar character has recently evolved.

Austin walked out before their TV match was due to happen.

Yeah I looked at your roster and saw BH take Rock - immediately said to myself - 'Ric is going for Austin, it's what I'd do with Lesnar there'

Makes sense.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Austin walked out before their TV match was due to happen.

i meant in PW Draft history!

Went back to an old reliable. Not sure what I'm going to do with him just yet, but he was easy to write for 2 yrs ago!

PM sent to paulie for next round also.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,807 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Have pick in will add pic later. Could someone PM the next person please

Ric Flair simply had to snapped up this round, still a good few names I would say the same about still knocking about though. Don't think Brock has faced SCSA in the draft. I had Brock Bryan in the BWA a few years before the WWE did.

oh and pm sent to Guappa

paulie21 wrote: »
    Have pick in will add pic later. Could someone PM the next person please

Doneso, PM sent to Mr. G

• Advertisement

Ric Flair simply had to snapped up this round, still a good few names I would say the same about still knocking about though. Don't think Brock has faced SCSA in the draft. I had Brock Bryan in the BWA a few years before the WWE did.

oh and pm sent to Guappa

I don't remember it anyways, and lol I didn't see that last part. Oh well two PMs for Mr. G so he's double sure :pac:

Advertisement