Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda shoots dog in Longford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

mattser wrote: »
    Another hard days graft by the AH keyboard detectives. To date, they haven't established if there was a dog.
    There is loads of opinion, though, and lots of dissing about who is more qualified in firearm instruction.
    And let's not start on ricochets.

Assuming you are not going to change the business model of discussion fora and people posting opinions, do you have one yourself ?

Its evident from the video released (and by whom it was released) and all shot at waist height, what went on. I wouldn't want to be a Guard with this level of disrespect nor fear of a gun.

There is definitely a dog even if it doesn't make a guest appearance (its evident from the commentary). There are more witnesses than the chap in the van. There were two cars parked behind the Inspector and at least one person behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

mary black might knock a christmas hit out of it

sonny don't go away,
    i can't find me dag,
    the shades say dey shot him
    but i don't know ta f**k
    dey tuk all our parts,
    we stole from the Tans,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭marketty

I don't understand why the Travellers would deny that there was a dog. If no dog then your man grabbed the Garda by the tie himself, putting the Guard at serious risk of being disarmed and pretty solidly justifying the shooting. It'd make more sense to say the dog got away from you and attacked the Guard despite your best efforts to restrain him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

marketty wrote: »
    I don't understand why the Travellers would deny that there was a dog. If no dog then your man grabbed the Garda by the tie himself, putting the Guard at serious risk of being disarmed and pretty solidly justifying the shooting. It'd make more sense to say the dog got away from you and attacked the Guard despite your best efforts to restrain him.

Lying to a knacker is like breathing to anyone else. They do it without conscious thought, all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

STB. wrote: »
    Magnus Magnusson is alive and well, who knew. To quote yourself.

You missed a few of my questions.

I am just asking because people are making huge assumptions with no evidence, that may be hard for you to understand. A brief Garda statement and the video are all we have to go on unless you count the travellers tales.

In the video we see no slash hook or dog, two vital elements of the story so far both missing..

In the Garda statement they say
    "As part of an on-going investigation by Gardai from Longford, they attended at an incident in Granard earlier this evening the Tuesday 3 December 2018.

"During the course of this incident an official Garda firearm was discharged. As this incident has been referred to the Garda Siochana Ombudsman Commission, An Garda Siochana are not in a position to comment further."

No slash hook no dog either or no ricochet. No mention either of the man who was shot or no animal blood.

GSOC were not looking for a dog either I believe.

I am just trying to figure out where all these supposed facts about the shooting are coming from. It sounds like lots of leaks to influence the trajectory of the narrative.

I've seen it somewhere before.

• Advertisement

You missed a few of my questions.

I am just asking because people are making huge assumptions with no evidence. A brief Garda statement and the video are all we have to go on unless you count the travellers tales.

In the video we see no slash hook or dog, two vital elements of the story so far both missing..

In the Garda statement they say

"As part of an on-going investigation by Gardai from Longford, they attended at an incident in Granard earlier this evening the Tuesday 3 December 2018.
    "During the course of this incident an official Garda firearm was discharged. As this incident has been referred to the Garda Siochana Ombudsman Commission, An Garda Siochana are not in a position to comment further."

No slash hook no dog either. No mention either of the man who was shot or no animal blood.

GSOC were not looking for an dog either I believe.

I am just trying to figure out where all these supposed facts about the shooting are coming from. It sounds like lots of leaks to influence the trajectory of the narrative.

I've seen it somewhere before.

You have seen what where before ?

Do you understand how journalism works or are you one these people who are dependant upon press releases for everything ? There are countless articles in the press, prior to GSOC stepping in.

That's not what GSOC said either. They are not commenting as its an ongoing investigation.

As regards your its not in the video commentary throughout this thread, there is enough visual and audio commentary in even that short clip to come to a conclusion as to what is happening and how someone managed to be shot. Furthermore witnesses are evident in the footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It boils down to this,

Forget about the van, the dog, or whoever was involved.

Someone or something was pulling the cop's tie towards the ground. If they succeeded, the gun was free for all. The cop had to make sure that didn't happen.

He was 100% right in what he did.

sligojoek wrote: »

Someone or something was pulling the cop's tie towards the ground. If they succeeded, the gun was free for all. The cop had to make sure that didn't happen.

He was 100% right in what he did.

Rule No.1 Do not lose your sidearm, especially in a nightclub. :)

Do you understand how journalism works or are you one these people who are dependant upon press releases for everything ? There are countless articles in the press, prior to GSOC stepping in.

Journalists are getting leaks from the Guards , the Guards are telling the journalist what they want to get out to the public, it may be true or it may not be true.

Do you think all leaks from the guards are the truth? If so you are very naive.
    As regards your its not in the video commentary throughout this thread, there is enough visual and audio commentary in even that short clip to come to a conclusion as to what is happening and how someone managed to be shot. Furthermore witnesses are evident in the footage.

There is ample evidence as to how the guy was shot as you say, the detective looks to be very frightened, he fires a shot in the direction of whatever has hold of his tie.

There is no evidence of a dog that I can see or hear or no evidence of a slash hook. Both may have been there but are not visible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

oh my sweet jesus
    they are actually calling out the guard on facebook

where is charlie flanagan with all his big words now

the five best tinkers in longford vs the five best gardai in longford ?

id pay to see that one :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Journalists are getting leaks from the Guards , the Guards are telling the journalist what they want to get out to the public, it may be true or it may not be true.

Do you think all leaks from the guards are the truth? If so you are very naive.

There is ample evidence as to how the guy was shot as you say, the detective looks to be very frightened, he fires a shot in the direction of whatever has hold of his tie.

There is no evidence of a dog that I can see or hear or no evidence of a slash hook. Both may have been there but are not visible.

The slash hook was gone before the video was shot by all accounts. Nobody claimed it was in there. Then either a dog or a man pulled the garda's tie. Whoever did that needed to be shot when the garda had a gun in his hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mattser

The lack of moderation on this thread has been disgraceful.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    The slash hook was gone before the video was shot by all accounts. Nobody claimed it was in there. Then either a dog or a man pulled the garda's tie. Whoever did that needed to be shot when the garda had a gun in his hand.

What accounts are by all accounts?
    The shooting is not in doubt , what is holding his tie is.
    We should not depend on unattributed leaks for our "facts" about this incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

What accounts are by all accounts?
    The shooting is not in doubt , what is holding his tie is.
    We should not depend on unattributed leaks for our "facts" about this incident.

You can see in the video that something was holding his tie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

OhHiMark wrote: »
    You can see in the video that something was holding his tie.

Sometime low to the ground.
    It could be a dog but don't rule out a dwarf traveller.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

mattser wrote: »
    The lack of moderation on this thread has been disgraceful.

The lack of moderation on this thread made this thread what it is.

Long may it last.

tuxy wrote: »
    Sometime low to the ground.
    It could be a dog but don't rule out a dwarf traveller.

Chihuahua?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Chihuahua?

That would be an odd nickname for a dwarf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Ching ching cash register sounds playing in their head. Let’s accept their story then. Charge him with assault of a member of AGS NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

Never try to understand travellers, they are fùcking idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

tuxy wrote: »
    archer22 wrote: »
    There does not seem to be any immediate threat when he fired..the Dog was so far away from him as to be out of frame.

Here's the full frame not cropped at the exact moment the shot was fired.
    And you claim to know for sure there was no dog near him?

4da3b7eca56f58af8785f1c4939e890d.png

Do you think it's a man or a dog that is trying to strangle the detective?
    Clip on tie needed boy, lesson learned

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Maybe they "found" the dog,here in cork they " find" s lot

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭BobBobBobBob

Allensbridge, Newmarket is where you get your fencing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

#KnackLivesMatter

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Feisar wrote: »
    But what would John Connors do?

You can ask that question in the Official John Connors Appreciation Thread.

Throwing another idea into the mix

Who’s to say that the stokes fella was injured at all. Himself and his wife? Did he go to hospital? How did he get to hospital? Could the blood that was seen on his foot be from the dog? Did he allow forensics take samples of the blood on his foot?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Who’s to say that the stokes fella was injured at all. Himself and his wife? Did he go to hospital? How did he get to hospital? Could the blood that was seen on his foot be from the dog? Did he allow forensics take samples of the blood on his foot?

Probably has the missus at home shooting him in the foot as we speak. Hopefully she's a bad shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

ueg.jpg

Can you make mine with a little flower on it, Battle :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

It does not seem to be a from an official Garda statement. It's from a senior source, what ever that means.

Paul Williams probably ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement