Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2019 - General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,975 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

News stories about hulk chatting with Dr. Marco earlier in the season. I think red bull have plenty of options for next year so I'm sure it's just click bait at this stage.

The only thing you're guaranteed from drinking them long enough is heart failure or diabetes.

And the sh1ts. Between the booze and the Rich Energy, that became a big issue in Silverstone. Bringing baby wipes with us next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Where's the best place to get race packages, I'd love to go to a race nxt year, maybe Holland, france, Spain, or silverstone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Where's the best place to get race packages, I'd love to go to a race nxt year, maybe Holland, france, Spain, or silverstone

Delorean do great trips to the Dutch GP

Edit - I didn't even know there was a dutch GP next year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

uchimata83 wrote: »
    Delorean do great trips to the Dutch GP

Edit - I didn't even know there was a dutch GP next year

Yea, Vietnam is new aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Abu Dhabi is pricey for tickets but it includes major headline concerts each night after the various races, Fri, Sat and Sun, and flights are usually reasonable.

How do you mean a packages?

I know Silverstone is fairly simple. From Ireland you could get a ferry to Wales, pack all your clothes, tent, food, beer etc. And but tickets for the track and camping.

The tickets are available already bought ours last month. £250 for general admission and tickets for village grandstand on race day. Plus £85 for camping in the main campsite with access to the entertainment at night.

You can bring beer into the track in cans (no glass allowed) Don't need to pay event prices. And we brought food too which meant we only paid for a couple of sh1tty burgers at event prices. Instead we had sh1tty hotdogs and similar food we bought in tesco and brought ourselves.

We didn't get our 5-a-day but it was very cheap apart from the cost of tickets. And it was a ****ing hoot. Good company and camping with lots of beer and racing. Couldn't ask for more. Can't wait for next year already.

They do a gig at the track on Friday and Saturday night. And then the craic at Woodlands village campsite. The actual camping area is very quiet because the craic is contained at the village. One of the lads said Spa was good but there was no chance of sleep because the craic was spread all throughout the campsite. You can't compete with Dutch blokes on amphetamines. Those boys will go wild all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Really don’t get why Haas resigned Grosjean. Every year they seem to give him the benefit of the doubt. Surely a new driver would have injected a bit of impetus and live into the team for 2020.
    The Hulk and K Mag would have been great given their historic rivalry.
    Anyone have any thoughts on Haas thinking here?

seamusk84 wrote: »
    Really don’t get why Haas resigned Grosjean. Every year they seem to give him the benefit of the doubt. Surely a new driver would have injected a bit of impetus and live into the team for 2020.

Does RoGro bring sponsorship money? They might be in a fairly big hole considering they lost their sponsorship mid season. Next year might be tight already.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Hulk was probably much more expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Does RoGro bring sponsorship money? They might be in a fairly big hole considering they lost their sponsorship mid season. Next year might be tight already.
    They have a billionaire owner, Gene Haas !! I think they made the right decision to retain Grosjean. I'm not a fan of Magnussen at all but Hulkenberg would not be that big an improvement over him. Both will surely be replaced anyway at the end of 2020 if results don't improve, as will Steiner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

And the sh1ts. Between the booze and the Rich Energy, that became a big issue in Silverstone. Bringing baby wipes with us next year.

Everyone needs a good clear out every now and again :pac: Sounds like the Silverstone crowd got that :D

If i was to go to any of the 3 it would have to be Holland, even at that you'd be lucky to get a ticket with Verstappenmania at the minute.

If i was to go to any of the 3 it would have to be Holland, even at that you'd be lucky to get a ticket with Verstappenmania at the minute.

Tickets are sold out. One of the lads speaks Dutch and he said they only advertised the tickets in Dutch and they sold out in the first few days. Didn't even get around to advertising in English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

Marathon travel doing packages but their prices seem insane

Tickets are sold out. One of the lads speaks Dutch and he said they only advertised the tickets in Dutch and they sold out in the first few days. Didn't even get around to advertising in English.

The place will be as orange as you can get so, that's crazy that they sold out so fast but understandable given he's a promising dutch driver and the first Dutch race in 35 years.

The place will be as orange as you can get so, that's crazy that they sold out so fast but understandable given he's a promising dutch driver and the first Dutch race in 35 years.

Yeah Could Be fun too. It's very near Amsterdam and by the coast. We were going to drive over and get the ferry from Newcastle. Then camp at the site.

But tickets are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭elperello

It's a grand spot, right beside the beach.
    I was at a meeting in a hotel across the road some years ago.
    At the lunch break we went out and walked around the track.
    Not often you get to walk around a GP circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Marko confirms final Red Bull seat for 2020 will be a two-horse race between Gasly and Albon, with Kvyat set to remain at Toro Rosso. Decision to be made after October's Mexican GP . No space for Hulk

Harika wrote: »
    Marko confirms final Red Bull seat for 2020 will be a two-horse race between Gasly and Albon, with Kvyat set to remain at Toro Rosso. Decision to be made after October's Mexican GP . No space for Hulk

Albon basically has it as long as he doesn’t fcuk up then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I don't know who to feel more sorry for here, Hulkenberg or Kvyat. I mean, yes Kvyat still has an F1 seat for next year but it seems to be a dead end one.

It wasn't likely. As long as the three lads
    weren't a Complete disaster. Hulk isn't young and he's not a red bull man and he's not a long term prospect. We know how good he is. He's Grand and generally reliable. 6/10 and almost always brings the car home.

So red bull would only want him if the three lads they have, were terrible and they had nobody for the second RB seat. I'd say he never had any chance of getting into the TR because it's for development and hulk doesn't have much development to do. He's pretty much the finished article at this stage.

His status as one of the more experienced drivers demands a salary that I don't think anyone had any interest in paying. He's not a huge prospect and he's not cheap. I think he'll probably have to start looking elsewhere for job. Or maybe he can get some big sponsorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

When was the last time we had two competitive drivers like this at Ferrari? Amazing to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Sheeps wrote: »
    When was the last time we had two competitive drivers like this at Ferrari? Amazing to watch.

Are we still considering Vettel to be competitive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Albon basically has it as long as he doesn’t fcuk up then
    Albon was six tenths adrift of Verstappen. That's not particularly bad considering Bottas was similarly adrift of Hamilton but Gasly was sacked because he could not bridge that gap in performance to Max. Albon, to date, has not really brought about any real improvement.

chicorytip wrote: »
    Albon was six tenths adrift of Verstappen. That's not particularly bad considering Bottas was similarly adrift of Hamilton but Gasly was sacked because he could not bridge that gap in performance to Max. Albon, to date, has not really brought about any real improvement.

The thing with the senior team is that they’ve never demoted a driver to the junior team and then brought them back, unless I’ve missed something

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Still think JEV is the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Albon cannot match Verstappen and Gasly is dominating Kyvat so far. Marko said it would be between the two who goes to RedBull. Early days still for Albon. Performancewise Ricciardo or Sainz would be best option to stay in the RedBull line. Contract wise won#t happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Gasly's problem was that he couldn't cut through traffic. The last thing he needed was Max as a teammate showing up that inability even more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Inquitus wrote: »
    Are we still considering Vettel to be competitive :)

Yes on balance, I think so.
    Very close today behind Le Clerc on fire and the winner of the last two drivers world championships.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement