Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

:Online: Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp, no one buying gold bars compared to the money they're making off shark cards, RDR Online being literally left out to pasture.

It has some great mechanics of they put some effort into it. Some of its systems are way better than GTA Online like but the Roles' (like businesses in gta) are just really low effort and not what people want.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

People have hundreds of dollars (real money) worth of gold, and thousands of in game dollars if they've been playing any decent length of time to care about new updates. Once you earned enough to start off you'd earn more gold as you maxed out the different roles.

It's harder now as the daily challenges stuff changed but even if roles cost a decent bit it'd be a long while before I'm back to needing to grind gold.

The season passes are too quick to do, you've everything in a couple days and that's if you didn't do a lot of collecting before hand to hand in when the new season starts.

They've introduced the ability to buy old season pass stuff for stupid money but I'm not sure how many would ever do it. Everyone either has it or is just complaining on reddit rather than spending gold on it.

If someone started today there's a decent bit of content but for existing players there isn't, and you've players who've load of gold but won't spend it. They'll complain about something being overpriced but they're not spending it on anything at all and just collecting gold to make a number go up.

Only thing I can think of they could do is a paid expansion, add Mexico sp RDR2 dlc with RDO aspects, nightmare (they've done a Halloween event before but it was lacking), or do a RDR1 remake addon (with Mexico). Then try to revitalize the gold market to have people actual spend their hoard on it and other buy gold.

Three new mini 'heist' missions were a dud. I only played the train heist but that was enough to not want to play it again. In comparison to GTA, the businesses in that are actually fun i find, the only thing that puts me off is having to do the majority in a public lobby so as well as the ai to contend with, you have a dope on a flying missile launcher ready to blow up your whole staah making you have to start the business supply all over. If they had it looks RDR, it would be rare to find across someone else, nevermind have them wreck your current activity. But the roles are just boring. Moonshiner should be fun but i end up losing product of i go over a pebble on the road and sell missions have me going up mountains, more frustrating than fun. Bounty Hunter is closest to a fun activity but if that gets boring after a while.

RDR needs fun activities (let us buy a homestead at least!) And GTA needs to deal with others wrecking your fun activities. They are the biggest issues with both games for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The wagons in the game and online are cool!

Here's my online character out on one:

You would see a few with the covers removed carrying goods such as fruit. Would see some destroyed ones too.

Anyway, I'm considering in investing in the bounty hunter wagon to round up scum.

BTW, if anyone wants to go out on a wagon like the one above with me, let me know 🙂

• Advertisement

Does anyone on PlayStation play this? Maybe we can posse up sometime.

A player went on a killing spree in Valentine. He was still hanging around there, and I thought I would be his next victim! Made me nervous.

Well I just bought the bounty hunter wagon, so I better put it to use.

Also, I'm planning on going on a long trip on a covered wagon, starting in the north east and finishing in the south west. Gonna take it nice and easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,507 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

You are obsessed with wagons in RDR2. Is there something special about them ? Can you put all your stuff in them and travel round the world or ???

I just like going out in them when not doing any missions. Plus I will be needing one for bounty hunting missions where I can put many bounties in the back. I paid over $600 for that so I want to make money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,507 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Ok, so it's RDR2 Online only. In single player campaign you can only really steal and sell wagons, but not own them or use them.

Missed opportunity.

Waving at another player in this game can result you getting shot at, hacked with an axe and dragged by a horse.

There definitely is a more scummy element playing this game which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Well, I was going to start off in Annesburg and pass through Van Horn, Saint Denis, Rhodes, Valentine, Strawberry, Blackwater, Armadillo and finishing the trip in Tumbleweed.

Someone got on my wagon in Blackwater (I was so thrilled when that happened) but the thrill didn't last long when the prick attacked me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

It would be nice if you could buy property in the game, owned a stagecoach business moving people from town to town.

This game could do with a big update, especially for those who have been playing it from day one.

Problem is those playing since day 1 have a mass of gold and there isn't any drive to spend it on anything other than the odd update.

They changed how much gold you can earn now, but that doesn't effect those who've already got a load. They've added the ability to buy outright the old season pass content individually at high prices.

Currently you get the gold you spent on a season pass back if you complete it but they're not hard. The last season pass was Halloween and long ended without any new one since, if they do it'll probably not have the gold back as the old ones did.

There's no money to be made as everyone already has enough for whatever they release and if they charge too much then new players can't do it.

I saw on another site how much money people made playing the game, and those amounts were huge.

I have just over $3000 and around 20 gold playing it on Xbox. I spent 20 gold yesterday on a moonshine business.

I have about $250 and not much gold playing on Playstation. I didn't play it on that in a while.

Except for at the very start where I spent the free gold they gave on the second holster to get it earlier than I normally would have I've not spent any gold on anything other than passes which gave it all back and the businesses. I've got just under 200 gold on me and apparently spent 301 bars, so at the cheapest real money price that's €142.

I only ever played for about a week after each update came out when the game was actually updated and then not for too long during that week as it was pretty easy to level up through the passes and you'd have max levelled the new professions pretty quickly without trying.

There wasn't enough to buy ever and it was far to easy to earn gold and complete the passes, not really sure what they can do to sort it all. They need to get new players as the older ones arn't going to make them any money.

All I can think is Mexico and a RDR1 remake tied into RDO, or it just dies off slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

2548 Gold from playing it during the lockdowns , and nothing to spend it on .

• Advertisement

For Varik and any other players who play this, what would you like to see added to Red Dead Online?

Mexico and RDR1 stuff, and maybe expand the map out north and west.

Not looking for some survival building game but just to take it out of the fixed single player map. Only building you can buy is a non descript shack hidden in the wilds for moonshine.

Give a fake RD version of Denver the size of San Denis in the north west and then surround it north and west with all the wild west territories.

Would be a huge ask so chances are we'll get nothing and eventually the servers will just be shut down.

It would be nice to go to Mexico again, I prefer the scenery down south and I would spend more time down there if it expanded there.

It would be cool if you could buy other types of wagons too.

It's a shame how R* are treating this game as there is much more potential.

I'm enjoying the moonshine missions. Easy money, made $105 for every sale yesterday. I think the most money I made on a sale was over $150.

It would be good if Rockstar came out with a statement about the future of RDR Online.

They're stuck.

They can't devalue the gold people already have and they can't add anything that get it spent as that'll hinder new players.

They're just going to let it die, can't even have a weekly update anymore with the basic change to bonuses.

Best they could do is an actual paid expansion for RD, or maybe try to tie the gold to a new cross game currency so people spend it. If rumours are to be believed and I'd believe them R* are going to change paid currency in GTA6 to it's not be just dollars and have a fake crypto.

Been a disaster, they had the makings of a great online game but made boring roles with absolute shyte rewards. Mix that with regular clothes and guns being really expensive for new/casual players.

They should introduce homesteads where you can buy land and big houses. Have shacks for new/poor players. Have your own factory on site for moonshine, trapper business, etc and other players can come to you to buy or you can deliver to npc's. Strictly no PvP in the homestead zone to make a note friendly trading area.

So I updated my moonshine shack so I can make more money.

I also extended the bar so I have live music now.

I was whistling and playing the washboard alongside the band in my moonshine shack 😁

• Advertisement

Well players of the game will be hosting a funeral for the game next Wednesday the 13th of July.

It looks like there will be no new big content coming for it. It's a shame Rockstar didn't give this game more love.

It makes me sad.

Advertisement