Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

:Online: Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Liam2590

As someone who has just started playing this properly in last few weeks what would be the best roles to start with? did the collector one first,was thinking maybe bounty hunter? or is there much of a difference between them?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Lamar Davis

I started with the Bounty Hunter and the shootouts are great craic, After that i got the trader then the collector.

If you are playing with mates they can help you fill up Cripps table and make some money the collector will have you running all over the map but you can make some great cash with that role if you don't mind the journeys but you get to see the great open world of red dead..

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Liam2590

yeah was thinking maybe the bounty hunter would be the most fun, will give that a go next!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Lamar Davis

Nice man and good luck👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anyone got a Samsung TU7000 and have any recommended tv settings? I’ve tried messing around with the HDR and standard settings but no matter what I’m having issues. If it’s not colours looking washed out to shadows being too dark. It’s doing my head in because I really wanna get into the online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You're TV isn't bright enough really, you're sub 300 nits while stuff is generally mastered for 1000nits and even some subpar HDR TV would be 600nits.

So when you're using the calibration stuff in the game it's going to blow the brightness or the colours out. The TV brightness being set too high can mess the colours, the issue is you're TV isn't that bright in the first place.

Use the setting here for the TV for a start but you'll need to mess with the game settings manually and not be using the rockstar logos to calibrate it as those aren't suited to your TV. You'd be setting the max brightness to above what you're TV can display so maybe around 600 nits and then mess with the paper white setting.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/tu7000/settings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Am I missing something here ? is this not the RDR thread . What has TV's got to do with it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

RDR 2 is notorious for having bad HDR. I had similar issues to Hoggie, couldn't get a good balance, messed with a lot of settings. Can't remember if i just turned off HDR in the end bit no harm of someone had a similar telly and got it working specific to this game.

The HDR in RD isn't really bad it's just the calibration tool really **** you over if you're TV is sub 1000 nits, and if the colour gamut isn't wide using the paper white settings mess that up more.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I’ve already used their settings. I’ll have another mess around with the settings, thanks again.

• Advertisement

Try 500-600 for the brightness on the manual setting and then maybe 90-100 on the paper white.

Cheers I’ll give it a try. Someone on Reddit suggested turning off game mode. Would I be better off doing that? I know it helps a lot with input lag but I’m not big on competitive gaming. Mostly play single player games or RDO.

I think that makes the peak brightness a tinny bit higher but lag is more than just for competitive games, games feel off if there's too much of a delay.

No matter settings I try I seem to get issues. I’ve tried the ones you suggested and gotten these results. For some reason it doesn’t look as bad In the screenshot but on my tv it look almost like a cloud over the house and very distorted.

Managed to get to level 25 in 2 moderate play sessions, and then finished wave 10 a few times in the new call to arms horde mode.

Some bad glitches for the call to arms mode, enemies not spawning and then suddenly spawning behind you or when trying to restart a mission it just kicks you out. I played a game yesterday where it kick the team out but then in the normal open world the mission started.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,627 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Playing this at the moment. Out in Hennigan's Stead doing work for Bonnie.

BTW, does anyone know the quickest way to make good money going solo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Are there a few playing on playstation? I restarted the single player, it didn't really click with me the first time but loving it now. I've a lvl50 character in MP and am interested in seeing whats new since the last time I played.

Was great to go back out on a wagon again. As for the game, I am really enjoying it now. Waved to a few players I met while out on my travels.

Was a nice surprise to see a Christmas Tree at my camp with snow falling.

• Advertisement

Been playing this for the past few days. Got my bounty hunter license so I'm catching bold folk and bringing them to the Sheriff's Office or the prison wagon.

Took part in a few free roam events too, both involved fishing. Very relaxing.

Some pics I took:

I went out for a trip in the wagon above yesterday. Started from Rhodes and proceeded onto Armadillo and then Tumble Weed. It was cold and windy on my trip so I had to go into the back of the wagon to take some shelter.

I had a camp setup east of of Armadillo so I stopped for some food and rest before getting back on the wagon.

As my wagon rolled into Armadillo, I was met with a -12 degree C temperature, ice cold winds and snow. Took a bit of a stroll of a around a once busy but now a sad town.

My wagon rolled into Tumbleweed, last stop on my trip where I was met with a slightly warmer temp of -11 C temperature.

Usually you would see other players in those towns, but I was the only around.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Decided to make a new character and start again. Kept my 100 gold and 500 cash so quickly got the bounty Hunter role and got a few free weapons and outfits to start off.

Not sure what other role to go for. I always found trader boring, moonshiner was good but sale missions were a pain, collector had good money but i found 'collecting' boring. I never tried the naturalist but find photographing and hunting equally boring.

I don't know why they can't make interest side activities for a cowboy. I only did 1 of those big crime missions when it first came out, is it worth doing the others either for enjoyment or money or both?

The only thing I'm doing is going for the higher paying bounties. When I'm not doing that, I'm just strolling around the towns in the game.

I will take some time away soon and return to the game in the spring.

Some more pics I took:

While I was stopping in the town of Blackwater, I waved to another player who decided to lasso me and drag me while they were on their horse. I managed to untie myself and quickly killed that individual. Most people in the game are going about their business and causing no trouble, but if someone is threatening me, I will fight back and kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ClaudeVercetti

This has happened to me a few times, to the point I dread interacting with people.

It's thankfully a minority and overall the community is quite peaceful but the frustration from the times it has happened when doing solitary activities like collecting or hunting has been enough to raise suspicion whenever I meet another player!

I was playing a good bit over the holidays, and there was a more scummy element playing. I was attacked with a hatchet and a machete for no reason at all. As a result of that, I'm more cautious of other players now.

Crazy to see that being nice to another player can result in getting hacked to death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,215 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Saw RDO trending on Twitter this morning. Seems there's a campaign growing due to the lack of updates RDO has gotten in the last few months at the expense of GTA Online.

Advertisement