Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Syrian boy bullied in Huddersfield

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Gatling wrote: »
    Unfortunately bullying happens in evy preschool, primary school , secondary ,third level ,and it the work place ,
    And it doesn't discriminate against race ,Color ,creed ,age , sexual orientation

Unfortunately when we get amateur dramatics and faux all it does is make the snowflakes look like crybabies because of the poor child from where ever ,but will happily ignore it when the bullies aren't white or Irish , English

And it takes away from any real discussion on bullying and the effects and reason why it happens
    Sorry but that's nonsense - here's coverage on a 10 year old girl being bullied in the IT from just 3 days ago: https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/parenting/my-10-year-old-has-been-bullied-for-two-years-by-a-girl-in-her-class-1.3703238?mode=amp

Stories about bullied children run in the news all the time, it seems some people just take issue with it being reported or getting circulated when the victim isn't white/Irish/English.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

What harm? The kid got up and walked away.

harm<>permanent harm. You seem to be doing your best to downplay this. I bet if the ethnicity of the people involved were reversed you would not be doing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

What harm? The kid got up and walked away.

You seem desperate to minimise bullying. Do you do this for all bullying or is it this particular case?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Faugheen wrote: »
    Bullying or harrassment of any kind is wrong. Happy now?

That you would post the above yet remain oblivious to the irony of your disgusting, and quite frankly, baseless attacks on this one particular poster whom you've decided to target, goes a long way in highlighting your absolute insincerity. You're the bully, a bully who doesn't give too figs about this poor kid, a bully who fires reprehensible accusations at others without evidence, reason, and I might add, maturity.
    Fact is you're using this as a mask for your racist views.
    You have a problem with it because it involves someone whose skin colour is a little bit brown, don't you?
    Vile creature.
    Why don't you prove me wrong, racist?
    Still waiting for you to condemn the bullying that is being spoken about in this thread, racist.
    Just know one of them is a racist so you're in good company.
    Stop looking for whataboutery straight away then, racist.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

That you would post the above yet remain oblivious to the irony of your disgusting, and quite frankly, baseless attacks on this one particular poster whom you've decided to target, goes a long way in highlighting your absolute insincerity. You're the bully, a bully who doesn't give too figs about this poor kid, a bully who fires reprehensible accusations at others without evidence, reason, and I might add, maturity.

I take exception to people who, instead of noting what has happened, decide to straight away post what would happen if the roles were reversed followed by what some scummy people from Arabic countries are doing to try and mask what has happened here.

The fact the same poster has bothered to argue a toss with anyone who calls this incident for what it is while continuing to use whataboutery regarding a few incidents with migrants that has absolutely no relevance to this topic AND not even acknowledging the cowardly act in this particular video until they were asked to says to me that they are a racist, and I have absolutely no issue highlighting that.

The fact some people are happier to be more outraged by me calling out racism than they are about people trying to downplay this child being bullied says more about their attitudes as well.

Also, I see you like to talk about the great work Stephen Yaxley-Lennon is doing in other threads, so it shouldn’t come as any surprise that you take offence to someone else being called a racist.

• Advertisement

Speaking of Mr Yaxley-Lennon:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tommy-robinson-defends-boy-16-13663113

What a massive surprise that he defends the bully against someone who’s a little bit brown.

And making up lies about him being part of a gang that beat the sh*t out of a girl, forcing the girls mother to say that the boy wasn’t involved.

Yet one poster calling me a bully supports this fool? Piss off

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Refugee is victim of crime: "Get over it, it happens all the time"

Refugee commits a crime: "Why are we letting these animals into our country"

OK...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I haven't defended anyone. I've played devils advocate.

Not one of us on here know exactly what happened, yet 90+% jumped straight in on one side. With stories of waterboarding, breaking his arm previously, and numerous other online theories and stories.

The truth will eventually out. And if the "bully" did attack him unprovoked then he deserves everything he gets. But if it turns out that the "victim" had said or done something serious enough to provoke the incident, then i would hope those in here that jumped straight in on one side are brave enough to say that their reaction was kneejerk and uncalled for without the facts.

We do know that the guy supported yaxley-lennon and attacked a syrian immigrant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

But you are establishing what he said as a fact, thus bringing in the argument of 'what you saying now?' which in reality is moot.

All I see is a big kid picking on a smaller one with his arm in a cast, followed by claims that there was nothing going on beforehand and not even a hint of an apology

Well it is a fact that he said it. It's plain as day in the video. What he said is not in dispute. Where devils advocate comes into it is to say that we don't know what happened earlier to elicit that response.

Remember the girls in Bangor, just like this episode, including the liquid being poured over her, she was then pushed into a fountain. Queue outrage, a GoFundMe page and pitchforks for the perpetrators. 24 hours later, we find out that the "victim" was just as bad as the attacker and the had both terrorised various people together.

batgoat wrote: »
    You seem desperate to minimise bullying. Do you do this for all bullying or is it this particular case?

Bullying implies an ongoing series of events. We have zero evidence of this. All we have is a 30-60 second clip.

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    We do know that the guy supported yaxley-lennon and attacked a syrian immigrant.

We know he liked a facebook page and he had a go at a fellow schoolchild.

Well it is a fact that he said it. It's plain as day in the video. What he said is not in dispute. Where devils advocate comes into it is to say that we don't know what happened earlier to elicit that response.

Remember the girls in Bangor, just like this episode, including the liquid being poured over her, she was then pushed into a fountain. Queue outrage, a GoFundMe page and pitchforks for the perpetrators. 24 hours later, we find out that the "victim" was just as bad as the attacker and the had both terrorised various people together.

There's skepticism and then there's excessive skepticism. When you start throwing out stuff like it might be a conspiracy by the syrian kid you're bringing it too far.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/nov/29/bullied-syrian-refugee-huddersfield-school
    Speaking for the first time since the incident, the boy said: “I woke up at night and just started crying about this problem. They think I’m different – different from them. I don’t feel safe at school. Sometimes I say to my dad: ‘I don’t want to go to school any more.’ I was just crying and I didn’t do nothing because I respect the school rules.”

Supporters are organising a peaceful protest outside the school on Thursday.

Tasnime Akunjee, a solicitor representing the family, told the Guardian they were considering moving away from the area and had received offers to be rehomed in Oxford.

He said the couple’s 14-year-old daughter, who attends the same school, had been bullied by another group of pupils. Last week someone forcibly removed the girl’s hijab. On Tuesday, a girl was excluded from the school over the incident.

Further footage allegedly showing the boy’s sister being attacked by other pupils has also emerged. The video shows the girl being shoved from behind and then being pushed towards a grass verge. At the end of the clip, she falls to the ground.

West Yorkshire police said they were investigating the incident. “We have been made aware of a video showing a girl being assaulted at Almondbury community school. The incident had not previously been reported to the police but we are now liaising with the girl’s family, who we are continuing to support,” the force said.

Akunjee said the family had contacted him and their local MP, Barry Sheerman, a month ago. The solicitor said he became so concerned he contacted the police and local authority.

The syrian kid and his sister have both been bullied. They have a solicitor involved and lodged complaints with their MP a month ago.

There's literally no reason to suspect that the syrian kid did anything wrong. Throwing out all these other reasons is just trying to obfuscate the facts. There's nothing that's been said to show that he deserved it or did anything to encourage it. Throwing out all these what if's is silly. Stick to what we know so far. If more evidence comes to light then reassess it.

Also, I see you like to talk about the great work Stephen Yaxley-Lennon is doing in other threads, so it shouldn’t come as any surprise that you take offence to someone else being called a racist.

And there we have it... instead of arguing your point in a reasoned manner, you instead decide to do a little background check on myself and the other threads in which I've partaken, in an attempt to discredit my claim that it is you who is the bully.

Absolutely nothing that poster stated here could be misconstrued as "Racism" by anyone with even a slight semblance of maturity.
    The fact some people are happier to be more outraged by me calling out racism than they are about people trying to downplay this child being bullied says more about their attitudes as well.

But you're not calling out racism, you're projecting it onto a poster whom you disagree with as a means of supporting your baseless statements. Nothing said poster has written here can in any way be labelled "racist", by labeling him as such so frivolously you, and people of your ilk, only further dilute what "racism" actually means.

There's skepticism and then there's excessive skepticism. When you start throwing out stuff like it might be a conspiracy by the syrian kid you're bringing it too far.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/nov/29/bullied-syrian-refugee-huddersfield-school

The syrian kid and his sister have both been bullied. They have a solicitor involved and lodged complaints with their MP a month ago.

There's literally no reason to suspect that the syrian kid did anything wrong. Throwing out all these other reasons is just trying to obfuscate the facts.

Conspiracy?? What are you talking about?? The Bangor video wasn't a conspiracy. It just showed that jumping in without all the facts is not the right thing to do.

Bullying implies an ongoing series of events. We have zero evidence of this. All we have is a 30-60 second clip.

We know of multiple incidents. The same for his sister.

Conspiracy?? What are you talking about?? The Bangor video wasn't a conspiracy. It just showed that jumping in without all the facts is not the right thing to do.

I edited that post whilst you were quoting it. Sorry. Maybe that puts it into more context?

We know of multiple incidents. The same for his sister.

Where are these multiple incidents. I haven't seen them. What paper were they in, or have you a link.

I can tell you what did happen earlier - nothing. What bullies do is lie through their teeth and pretend everything was sunshine and roses when their backs are against the wall to try and save their own arse. It happens everywhere.

The boy who is being bullied has claimed he's afraid of going back to that school because of what he goes through. However all I see from you is trying to downplay what the bully did under the mask of 'devil's advocate'.

You mean the same perpetrator who appeared in court for an attack on a hospital worker a number of weeks later?

You really like to defend scumbags, don't you?

Where are these multiple incidents. I haven't seen them. What paper were they in, or have you a link.

Back in that post I edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

If he that was an english lad getting bullied you wouldnt hear anything about this. Just saying.

Maybe it's due to the fact he comes from a war torn country. Stupidity here abounds

• Advertisement

Yet one poster calling me a bully supports this fool? Piss off

You are a bully

And there we have it... instead of arguing your point in a reasoned manner, you instead decide to do a little background check on myself and the other threads in which I've partaken, in an attempt to discredit my claim that it is you who is the bully.

Absolutely nothing that poster stated here could be misconstrued as "Racism" by anyone with even a slight semblance of maturity.

But you're not calling out racism, you're projecting it onto a poster whom you disagree with as a means of supporting your baseless statements. Nothing said poster has written here can in any way be labelled "racist", by labeling him as such so frivolously you, and people of your ilk, only further dilute what "racism" actually means.

So you don't deny your support for Stephen Yaxley-Lennon?

Why don't you tell me how you feel about his lies regarding this case, where the mother of a girl who was beaten up had to refute his claims that this boy was involved in it?

Anything to say about that or are you just going to continue your mouth-foaming tirade against me.

I responded quite fine to your post, but you've completely ignored it because if your outrage that I did a background check on some of your posts and found that you think along the same lines as the people you're defending.

If you don't like what you're going to get, don't give it. I'll defend my views against anyone who wants to call me a bully with no foundation while at the same time defending a racist.

You are a bully

And you are the supporter of a lying racist scumbag in Stephen Yaxley-Lennon.

I'll take being a 'bully' over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Irish "Tommy Robinson" fans

Genuinely pathetic

I can tell you what did happen earlier - nothing. What bullies do is lie through their teeth and pretend everything was sunshine and roses when their backs are against the wall to try and save their own arse. It happens everywhere.

The boy who is being bullied has claimed he's afraid of going back to that school because of what he goes through. However all I see from you is trying to downplay what the bully did under the mask of 'devil's advocate'.

You mean the same perpetrator who appeared in court for an attack on a hospital worker a number of weeks later?

You really like to defend scumbags, don't you?

OK Mystic Meg.

Who am I defending?? In the Bangor incident, i stated that both the "victim" and the "perpetrator" were scumbags. The "victim" up there had also assaulted people along with the "perpetrator". Yet because she was the one getting beaten in the first video, people jumped straight in with tea (or in the Bangor case GoFundMe) and sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

Billy Mays wrote: »

Genuinely pathetic

Hes a great man.

Maybe it's due to the fact he comes from a war torn country. Stupidity here abounds

He left Syria before the war started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Billy Mays wrote: »

Genuinely pathetic

Hes a great man.
    For a jail cell.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

He left Syria before the war started.

Even if he didnt leave before the start of the war, hes not entitled to special treatment.

• Advertisement

So you don't deny your support for Stephen Yaxley-Lennon?

Why don't you tell me how you feel about his lies regarding this case, where the mother of a girl who was beaten up had to refute his claims that this boy was involved in it?

Anything to say about that or are you just going to continue your mouth-foaming tirade against me.

I responded quite fine to your post, but you've completely ignored it because if your outrage that I did a background check on some of your posts and found that you think along the same lines as the people you're defending.

If you don't like what you're going to get, don't give it. I'll defend my views against anyone who wants to call me a bully with no foundation while at the same time defending a racist.

You spread lies in this thread yesterday. You claimed the child was waterboarded, then claimed that the bully had also broken his arm in a previous incident. Are you're lies less valid than Tommy Robinsons??

Advertisement