Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Syrian boy bullied in Huddersfield

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

Gatling wrote: »
    I've 6 years olds fighting being more violent and 2 minutes later being best friends again,
    I've also suffered a hell of a lot worse at the hands of school bullies ,

Jaysus, you think it's ok if your 6 year old is grabbing the other by the throat and flinging them to the ground. I fear for your kids, you sound like a horrible parent.

Typical whataboutery from the "typical" posters on here. After Hours has gone very right wing over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

vetinari wrote: »
    Jaysus, you think it's ok if your 6 year olds is grabbing the other by the throat and flinging them to the ground. I fear for your kids

, you sound like a horrible parent.

Say what ......

I said I seen 6 year olds being more violent I didn't say mine and don't ever mention my parenting either .can't you read

Gob****e

Mod: Banned, persistent personal abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

plenty of kids of all ages and colour being bullied. why one particular fireign child must get internet attention boggles the mind.

Billy86 wrote: »
    So why did you pretend there was nothing

I didn't I stated repeatedly it wasn't waterboarding or anything like it ,,I also clearly said they had water squirted in their face and yes I said I didn't mean anything to me either

Have you a point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Anti immigrant posters always want to to wash their hand and the violence their rhetoric breeds

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

You're certainly a demanding little thing aren't you?

You can keep following me around all you like but you’ll just look silly really.

Try_harder wrote: »
    Anti immigrant posters always want to to wash their hand and the violence their rhetoric breeds

Lol seriously .

Have you looked Into safe spaces

You come to the wrong place if your expectations Every one will agree with you

I didn't I stated repeatedly it wasn't waterboarding or anything like it ,,I also clearly said they had water squirted in their face and yes I said I didn't mean anything to me either

Have you a point

See this is where I call bullsh*t.

If you really believed what you are saying, you’d be calling out posts from either side.

If you believe this wasn’t nothing, then why are you only having a go at posters who believe it to be something and not people who are downplaying it and trying to point a finger at the bullied kid in this scenario?

You can tell me all you want that you’re not pretending it’s nothing but until I see some consistency in your posting I’ll believe otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Lol seriously .

any chance you could give that another go?

Lol seriously .

On this Right Wing Safe Space?- hardly!

Also is that English?

• Advertisement

Faugheen wrote: »
    See this is where I call bullsh*t.

If you really believed what you are saying, you’d be calling out posts from either side.

No again there you go again thinking everyone should agree with you , sorry it's not happening I called out people who made very wild assertions from racial hatred to waterboarding ,

So we ended up with a basic common assault.
    But yet several on here seen and heard something completely different to the several seconds of a phone video.

Therefore you deal with your own public assertions and claims

No again there you go again thinking everyone should agree with you , sorry it's not happening I called out people who made very wild assertions from racial hatred to waterboarding ,

So we ended up with a basic common assault.
    But yet several on here seen and heard something completely different to the several seconds of a phone video.

Therefore you deal with your own public assertions and claims

And we've also had people downplaying it even further, comparing it to other cases that haven't been made yet and basically looking for any reason to make this out to not be bullying.

I make my case very clear and I don't pretend to be anything different to who I am.

You though claim to be someone who is just calling out bull****, when you've only called out what you perceive to be bull**** on one side of the argument.

At least own it if you're going to take one side here, pal, and stop pretending to be someone you're not.

Faugheen wrote: »
    And we've also had people downplaying it

There you go again it was a simple common assault, you and several others jumped to conclusions without anything other than several seconds of video ,

In turn we got the same people . "demanding" people agree with their view .

Sorry your have zero right to demand I do what you want ,
    I called you out for your wild claims of waterboarding .

I don't ,and won't agree and I certainly don't do anything I'm demanded to .

You post utter nonsense and rightly got called on it deal with it ,this is all on you and anyone else who falsely claimed waterboarding and racial abuse ,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Lets be honest this is only in the media because the kid being bullied is Syrian.
    If it was a fat kid, an Irish kid, a kid from some other part of the country there would be feck all interest and definitely feck all money raised.

And as sure as hell that bullies/bully was bullying some other poor kid long before the Syrian kid showed up and if the Syrian kid leaves in the morning some other poor kid will be their focus of attention.

And knowing bullies it might not be a kid that is a different race, but the fat kid, the nerdy kit, the unsporty kid, the kid with a speech impediment, anything that makes them stand out.

And yes the bully could grow up to the card carrying member of national front or could just grow up to be a complete scrot in an out of jail. Hell they might even become a professional and get a good job, but they will most likely always be a spanner.

There are a lot of double standards going on here and people are using this as a political football to score points.

The big picture here is that schools are shyte at dealing with bullying and social media has now become a weapon for bullying.
    In this case it has become a means of highlighting bullying, but is also turning the bullied kid into a pawn.

I am not allowed discuss …

There you go again it was a simple common assault, you and several others jumped to conclusions without anything other than several seconds of video ,

In turn we got the same people . "demanding" people agree with their view .

Sorry your have zero right to demand I do what you want ,
    I called you out for your wild claims of waterboarding .

I don't ,and won't agree and I certainly don't do anything I'm demanded to .

You post utter nonsense and rightly got called on it deal with it ,this is all on you and anyone else who falsely claimed waterboarding and racial abuse ,

I call it as I see it.

I see a chap squirting water at another's mouth while choking him and saying 'I'll drown you'.

That to me is waterboarding. You don't agree with me, as do a number of other people here. That's absolutely fine. I've made my point as to why I believe it to be the case. All you've said is 'no it isn't.'

Take your own advice on that one. Don't tell me what I should think it is. I've made my mind up on it yet you're demanding that I change my mind on it, the exact same thing you said I'm doing that you're so repulsed and outraged by.

Then you bring up attempted murder when nobody has said it. What on earth was the point of those dramatics?

You then only pick certain parts of a post that you feel is easier to respond to, as well.

You don't have to respond to other points being made, of course you don't, but you just look like a coward when you pick and choose which points to reply to.

I pointed out a flaw in your own character assessment that you've completely ignored once again just to have a pop at me and a pop at my view, and it's the same with people who seemed to be quite pissed off about this incident taking place.

You've made it very clear that you don't even see this as common assault by the comparison to the six year olds. You're chatting absolute bull**** and you can't even keep your story together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Jesus H Christ, when you start to defend Tommy Robinson or whatever his real name is you really really really need to turn off the internet and think about your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,123 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Seems a bit odd to send a letter in advance of their intention to take legal action.

AllForIt wrote: »
    Seems a bit odd to send a letter in advance of their intention to take legal action.

It’s not uncommon mind. Usually they’re sent with the intention of achieving something before filing the appropriate paperwork.

In this case it’s to get the videos removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I think i made my point fairly clear. Thousands of younglads and girls put up with this type of shyte daily.

I wonder how many of them had go fund mes with 24k in after 4 hours.

Selective outrage.

Stick up the video of that on an internet forum and watch us be outraged at that, seems you chose to post this knowing this would happen, is there a list of bullying videos that you skimmed past to make your racist point?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 217 ✭✭Cockford Ollie

plenty of kids of all ages and colour being bullied. why one particular fireign child must get internet attention boggles the mind.

The trending outrage. SJWs mobilise, march under the banner of faux outrage.

It'll be quicky forgotten about in few days, to be replaced by the next call to arms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Because it went viral. Any time there is a video of someone being bullied, it gets a lot of attention - and it doesn't matter what colour they are.

Examples:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_monitor_bullying_video

https://abc7.com/society/internet-celebrities-rally-behind-dancing-man/549252/

And those are adults, people are even more affected by youngsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

Exactly, it's the video that causes it to go viral ultimately.
    If it's a news story about a Syrian child without a video, chances are it doesn't make much of a dent on the news.

Still confused about why some posters see so much issue with attention being focused on a Syrian child who is a victim of bullying.
    Guess it doesn't suit their agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

vetinari wrote: »
    Exactly, it's the video that causes it to go viral ultimately.
    If it's a news story about a Syrian child without a video, chances are it doesn't make much of a dent on the news.

Still confused about why some posters see so much issue with attention being focused on a Syrian child who is a victim of bullying.
    Guess it doesn't suit their agenda.
    Yeah how hard is it to accept that many people just dislike seeing a young lad being humiliated, nothing more? We don't all politicise everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

If somebody inflicted this kind of physical violence on another person in public outside a school setting, they'd be charged with criminal assault, teenager or not. Why are schools allowed to turn a blind eye to bullying when in any other context, such behaviour would constitute a criminal offence?

You’d see worse on any football pitch, soccer or Gaelic, any Saturday or Sunday morning. I’ve yet to see anyone arrested.

Youd see worse on any football pitch, soccer or Gaelic, any Saturday or Sunday morning. Ive yet to see anyone arrested.

Thats entered into volunteraly with the expectation of physicality- this was an unprovoked attack, stop trying to conflate

Yeah how hard is it to accept that many people just dislike seeing a young lad being humiliated, nothing more? We don't all politicise everything.

Sure Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

jmayo wrote: »
    Lets be honest this is only in the media because the kid being bullied is Syrian.
    If it was a fat kid, an Irish kid, a kid from some other part of the country there would be feck all interest and definitely feck all money raised.

And as sure as hell that bullies/bully was bullying some other poor kid long before the Syrian kid showed up and if the Syrian kid leaves in the morning some other poor kid will be their focus of attention.

And knowing bullies it might not be a kid that is a different race, but the fat kid, the nerdy kit, the unsporty kid, the kid with a speech impediment, anything that makes them stand out.

And yes the bully could grow up to the card carrying member of national front or could just grow up to be a complete scrot in an out of jail. Hell they might even become a professional and get a good job, but they will most likely always be a spanner.

There are a lot of double standards going on here and people are using this as a political football to score points.

The big picture here is that schools are shyte at dealing with bullying and social media has now become a weapon for bullying.
    In this case it has become a means of highlighting bullying, but is also turning the bullied kid into a pawn.

Saw that kind of thing every other day of the week in secondary school and no global outrage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Saw that kind of thing every other day of the week in secondary school and no global outrage.

And I've been involved in threads on this forum that came to pretty high prominence in relation to individual bullying cases. I can honestly say that if you did know people doing this every other day, they should have been expelled and they would be wide open to being reported for it.

Diminishing bullying to ordinary and acceptable behaviour is incredibly dangerous and can obliterate the individual's mental health.

Advertisement