Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Three - City in Motion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OOC: This basically:

U77fVe.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    "Lysander good to here. Well we are thinking of giving you the entire Point Loma Peninsula from the airport to the Cabrillo National Monument

What do you think?"

OOC: See here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/San+Diego,+CA,+USA/@32.7141659,-117.2171386,13.25z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x80d9530fad921e4b:0xd3a21fdfd15df79!8m2!3d32.715738!4d-117.1610838

'I think I like it. I suppose the more pertinent question is who, and how many are we displacing?

I have Nostro now, but I think I will need more than that to truly establish a clan. Are there limits to our growth? Any toes I need to avoid stepping on?'

"Limits to your growth yes. I don't think the Penninsula could take more than four of you, otherwise you'd strain the Masquerade.

Stepping on any toes. Well the Ventrue had some people there, but it was never formally their territory, they'll understand. You'll need to get the Nosferatu in the sewers to see you as the surface level boss since their Primogen keeps very little control on them.

Helena did have a special claim to the monument as a feeding spot, but...I think you can ignore that or even perhaps....provoke her?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

"Limits to your growth yes. I don't think the Penninsula could take more than four of you, otherwise you'd strain the Masquerade.

Stepping on any toes. Well the Ventrue had some people there, but it was never formally their territory, they'll understand. You'll need to get the Nosferatu in the sewers to see you as the surface level boss since their Primogen keeps very little control on them.

Helena did have a special claim to the monument as a feeding spot, but...I think you can ignore that or even perhaps....provoke her?"

'Interesting. Siring someone at that spot would I presume be a grave insult? Would be a terrible shame if some renegade maverick deigned to do so....'

Lysander chuckles.

'Thank you Tara, one final request. Is there a way I can arrange a meeting with the dominant Nosferatu in the area? Perhaps not the Primogen, I think some....gentle persuasion on my end with the guys in the area might work a treat.'

Tara laughs at his suggestion.

"Oh it would be a grave insult...not that I'd be against it...also she's Toreador, she'll feel the emotional aura of the siring quite strongly, it'll be hard for her to even approach her favourite spot. As for the Nosferatu, the one you need to talk to is Ernesto. He lives beneath Columbia College just up from the airport"

• Advertisement

Tara laughs at his suggestion.

"Oh it would be a grave insult...not that I'd be against it...also she's Toreador, she'll feel the emotional aura of the siring quite strongly, it'll be hard for her to even approach her favourite spot. As for the Nosferatu, the one you need to talk to is Ernesto. He lives beneath Columbia College just up from the airport"

'Well then... there may come a time when that poor, emotional Toreador feels nothing but rage then.

And that is when we kill her. Anger leads to mistakes, overlooking even the minutest of detail in our world...'

Lysander drums his nails on the side rail of his house boat.

'Well, it does not end well. Thank you again, my Prince. I feel the wheels are already in motion to start a new, glorious chapter for this city. I will be in touch again soon.'

Lysander hangs up and heads inside.

He nods to Nostro.

'The entire Lomo Peninsula - from the airport to the national monument is our territory. Do you know it well?'

He goes to his shelf and pulls down the dossier of candidates for siring.

'Also Nostro - we need to swell our numbers. We can have a maximum of four as permitted by the Prince.'

He hands him the dossier.

'I and Clarissa like Imelda for another to join our cause. What are your thoughts?

Also, you'll likely be impressed on how detailed it is on yourself.'

Nostro is shocked at how much the Vampire population knows about him. Though he knows logically how they must have done it, it still has an impact.

"When you're human you're a joke really ain't ya, you guys even knew about the hits I ordered..."

He thumbs through Imelda's profile.

"...yeah the Lomo Peninsula I know it well, I have three properties here, a hotel, a golf club and a bar. Know most of the main business leaders. ..this Imelda looks pretty good, she's got fight in her eyes...the drive to win, it's intense you can see it. I've seen some of her fights, pretty brutal and she's never been unmasked, not a single loss"

Nostro is shocked at how much the Vampire population knows about him. Though he knows logically how they must have done it, it still has an impact.

"When you're human you're a joke really ain't ya, you guys even knew about the hits I ordered..."

He thumbs through Imelda's profile.

"...yeah the Lomo Peninsula I know it well, I have three properties here, a hotel, a golf club and a bar. Know most of the main business leaders. ..this Imelda looks pretty good, she's got fight in her eyes...the drive to win, it's intense you can see it. I've seen some of her fights, pretty brutal and she's never been unmasked, not a single loss"

'Intriguing. I think a different tact for Imelda is in store. I presume through your dreams you saw that I was gentle in bringing you into your new life?

That will not work with Imelda. I... We - need to test her. Handshakes and smiles won't give me what I want to see from her. You will be the brains of this organisation. Imelda....'

He looks up at Clarissa and smiles.

'She will be the brute force we submit our enemies with.

But that can be left for another night. When you have more control over yourself. I presume you can likely arrange a fight for Imelda on one of your properties?'

Necro wrote: »
    But that can be left for another night. When you have more control over yourself. I presume you can likely arrange a fight for Imelda on one of your properties?'
    "The hotel has a fitting enough venue for a match. It's a room we use for massive conferences, we could attract her with higher than average pay and say it is a publicity appearance for the hotel"

"The hotel has a fitting enough venue for a match. It's a room we use for massive conferences, we could attract her with higher than average pay and say it is a publicity appearance for the hotel"

'Fantastic! That is what we will do then. Make sure she has a strong opponent - I want to see her at her very best.

Also, we will need to meet with the local heavies of the Nosferatu. They might be a bit... problematic. However, I think a discussion with the main guy, Ernesto... he'll soon be dancing to our tune.'

Lysander notices the shadows from the light in the room and lightly plays with them to show Nostro some gentle Shadow Play.

'See how they dance, the shadows. They want to be a part of us. It is an amazing feeling, being cloaked in the very darkness itself.'

He releases them again.

'Of course, it is not our only weapon. The shadows are our strength - but true power.... it comes from our gaze. Once you begin to develop the disciplines ensure you practice both equally.'

• Advertisement

Nostro nods looking at the shadows.

"I understand Sir, I'll arrange the fight as quickly as I can. Might have to meet with her agent, that okay for me to do?"

Nostro nods looking at the shadows.

"I understand Sir, I'll arrange the fight as quickly as I can. Might have to meet with her agent, that okay for me to do?"

'Assuming you are suitably fed, it shouldn't be a problem. I will likely accompany you... in case of any issues. Don't worry, I will allow you more freedom once I can be certain the early phase has passed. The first few weeks are the most dangerous times for new Kindred - and indeed those they encounter, too.

Once I knew of a Lasombra in the home country, he went back to his old home to say goodbye...

They had to pick pieces of his entire family out of the walls. The youngling was unable to control his urges.

However, I believe I have chosen well with you.'

"Pick the family off the wall..." he smirks a bit "...I remember the rage I felt the first night. So that can come back, it wasn't just a newborn feeling?"

"Pick the family off the wall..." he smirks a bit "...I remember the rage I felt the first night. So that can come back, it wasn't just a newborn feeling?"

'Oh yes. Even the eldest of us can become more... animal if we do not feed, or indeed submit to the beast within.

We also have certain triggers. Things that can draw out the rage at the drop of a hat. As a new kindred you are much more susceptible to this. So my advice is to stay fed, keep your head and avoid contact with humans as much as you can until you can gain some form of control.'

Lysander stands.

'Now, about this... agent. When do you think we could arrange a meeting? I have another pressing issue tonight, one which I expect will net us some extra money. And then I should really meet with that Nosferatu and smooth over our takeover."

"I think I could arrange a meeting for tomorrow my Master, that's about as fast as it can happen I think. I arrange it for eight in the evening at my hotel?"

"I think I could arrange a meeting for tomorrow my Master, that's about as fast as it can happen I think. I arrange it for eight in the evening at my hotel?"

'Perfect. We will travel from here together. Now I must leave, but Clarissa will ensure you are fed tonight of that I am certain.

One final thing though and you should heed this most of all. Do not cross Clarissa, it would be the last thing you do - and that is not a threat, but a mere fact.

She may look small and unassuming - but beneath is a being of a power you cannot even imagine.

She is our ally and friend, and her word is law as much as mine is. Do you understand?'

'Perfect. We will travel from here together. Now I must leave, but Clarissa will ensure you are fed tonight of that I am certain.

One final thing though and you should heed this most of all. Do not cross Clarissa, it would be the last thing you do - and that is not a threat, but a mere fact.
    He looks curious. "Right, right"
    She may look small and unassuming - but beneath is a being of a power you cannot even imagine.

She is our ally and friend, and her word is law as much as mine is. Do you understand?'
    "I see. With our gifts you really don't who is threat or not...that'll take some thought. Thank you Master"

Lysander tips a wave to Nostro and exits the houseboat.

He heads for his car and now searches the memories of the Wan Kuei Ancestor for the location of the chest she told him of. Time to collect some extra payment.

Lysander tips a wave to Nostro and exits the houseboat.

He heads for his car and now searches the memories of the Wan Kuei Ancestor for the location of the chest she told him of. Time to collect some extra payment.
    He sees the restaurant cellar once more. It's a Chinese restaurant unsurprisingly. The upstairs looks modern, hip with Neon Kanji.

He looks outside the window in his memories. The sea is just visible, there's a sign...East Harbor Drive.

The drive is quick, the restaurant is busy as he opens the door. The door at the back leads to the cellar. A few customers glance in his direction, his dominate stirring their minds by default to perceive him as a man of power and importance.

pRhJUt.jpg

Lysander ignores the stares and makes for the cellar door, keeping an eye out for anyone or thing out of the ordinary.

• Advertisement

Lysander ignores the stares and makes for the cellar door, keeping an eye out for anyone or thing out of the ordinary.
    One of the staff members approaches him.

"Sir you can't..." his eyes go bloodshot "...sorry Sir proceed"

OOC: Your Dominate is now strong enough to dismiss mortals automatically if you have it "On". Just turn it "Off" if you want more natural interactions.

Lysander smirks and enters the cellar.

OOC: On for now anyways.

Lysander smirks and enters the cellar.

OOC: On for now anyways.
    He descends to the cellar. Inside are various ingredients and meats, spare dishes and so on. However in box marked 'Rice' he opens based on his memories he finds a safe. He enters the eight digit combination and within he finds an ornate Bell. Green like jade, with a dragon carved around the base.

Just holding the Bell he feels strange, the room seems distorted to him like objects are moving closer to him and then moving back and repeating this at various speeds.

Lysander considers ringing the bell, but deigns against it for now.

'Too risky. I should take this to someone with knowledge first.'

He pockets it (if possible) and leaves the restaurant.

He gets back in his car and heads for Columbo College. He has a date with some Nosferatu.

En route he calls Cock Robin.

'Rob, it is Lysander. Listen, my territory has some unruly members of your own kin. Tara believes they do not listen to their Primogen. Any advice on how to ensure peace between my own clan and them? I am heading to meet with their defacto street leader, Ernesto.'

'Rob, it is Lysander. Listen, my territory has some unruly members of your own kin. Tara believes they do not listen to their Primogen. Any advice on how to ensure peace between my own clan and them? I am heading to meet with their defacto street leader, Ernesto.'
    "There's two things all Noz want Lysander.

First, somebody to make sure the Masquerade doesn't get broken. We're fuked if it does. Even ignoring the mortals, reports in the street rags with 'monsters' matching our description attracts hunters like you wouldn't believe.

And second, somebody to buy our info, preferably somebody who pays for that service with masquerade protection"

"There's two things all Noz want Lysander.

First, somebody to make sure the Masquerade doesn't get broken. We're fuked if it does. Even ignoring the mortals, reports in the street rags with 'monsters' matching our description attracts hunters like you wouldn't believe.

And second, somebody to buy our info, preferably somebody who pays for that service with masquerade protection"

'Interesting. There are times when it pays to have a newly recruited, sufficiently minted young kindred desperate for his Master's approval.'

Lysander smiles.

'Thank you Rob, I think myself and the... Noz... will get along just fine. After all, you and I have managed so far, am I right?'

'Interesting. There are times when it pays to have a newly recruited, sufficiently minted young kindred desperate for his Master's approval.'

Lysander smiles.

'Thank you Rob, I think myself and the... Noz... will get along just fine. After all, you and I have managed so far, am I right?'
    "Certainly kid, just watch out for our talents. We can be invisible as you're aware and look like anybody we've met or watched, even the weakest of us can break a car in half and we can control fear enough to stop and start frenzies. Just beware"

"Certainly kid, just watch out for our talents. We can be invisible as you're aware and look like anybody we've met or watched, even the weakest of us can break a car in half and we can control fear enough to stop and start frenzies. Just beware"

'Oh I will. I don't plan on starting anything at all of course... but.. that has not always ended up the way I planned. Thanks again.'

Lysander hangs up and continues the drive in silence, working through a plan in his mind.

Lysander pulls up to Columbia college. Plenty of students still about.

L6CEtp.jpg

• Advertisement

Lysander gets out of the car and takes a look around for an easier entrance to the sewers than simply jumping down a manhole. It's uncouth, messy - and doing so in public like this with humans milling around would not set the best impression to the Nosferatu.

OOC: Dominate Off for now.

Advertisement