Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Three - City in Motion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Nostro is on the verge of developing Dominate, it'll probably emerge tonight.

"Okay, want to head to the kitchen or the laundry? The staff there can be led to nearby rooms with nobody looking"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    Nostro is on the verge of developing Dominate, it'll probably emerge tonight.

"Okay, want to head to the kitchen or the laundry? The staff there can be led to nearby rooms with nobody looking"

'Laundry. It will likely be quieter - excellent hunting conditions. Less mirrors or reflective surfaces as well that might reveal... our curse.'

They find themselves in the Laundry shortly. Rows of washing machines and dryers stacked four machines high line the walls of the room. The six staff members look shocked.

The leading staff member, marked by his cap, approaches them.

"Mr Garron Sir! We weren't expecting an inspection...I think you'll find the Laundry up to scratch"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander approaches.

'Good evening, I am Mr. Garron's.... assistant.'

He looks at the other five members of staff, eyeing them all up.

'Your names please?'

Their eyes go bloodshot.

"Jessica, Thomas, Gabriel, Maire-Louise, Juan"

Juan seems quite affected.

"I cheated on my wife four months ago wey, can't look myself in the mirror"

Gabriel follows quickly.

"I've stolen from the serving staff's tip jar"

• Advertisement

Their eyes go bloodshot.

"Jessica, Thomas, Gabriel, Maire-Louise, Juan"

Juan seems quite affected.

"I cheated on my wife four months ago wey, can't look myself in the mirror"

Gabriel follows quickly.

"I've stolen from the serving staff's tip jar"

Lysander's face grows grim.

'Gabriel, we need to speak with you regarding the theft. The rest of you can take a break. Have a drink at the bar on Mr. Garron.

Juan that is your cross to bear. Do not cheat again, and do not tell your wife. Family is important.'

Jaun's mind complies immediately, his personality is restructured to make it virtually impossible for him to cheat.

"Yeah, that makes sense, thanks Carlos" he says interpreting Lysander as his best friend.

Gabriel steps forward.

"Yeah it was wrong I know that. Mr. Garron I need this job, please don't fire me"

Nostro looks at Lysander, clearly excited.

'Step this way Gabriel, we will have to discuss this in private.'

Lysander lets Nostro take the lead to the closest empty room, keeping between him and Gabriel.

'This is a test as much as anything else,' he murmurs to Nostro. 'Never in public. Soon though.'

The three of them head into a small equipment room.

"Mr. Garron?" Gabriel wonders.

"Sire now?" Nostro says grinding his teeth.

Lysander closes the door and leans against it nonchalantly.

'Gabriel, I'm afraid you will be terminated... permanently.'

He nods at Nostro.

• Advertisement

"The kill Sire...are you sure or is this another test?"

He looks delighted and worried.

"The kill Sire...are you sure or is this another test?"

He looks delighted and worried.

Lysander smiles.

'Very good. Control is everything. Only kill when necessary.'

He looks at Gabriel.

'You will awaken and remember nothing of this. Your punishment is to serve Mr. Garron as he needs when he comes to the hotel.'

Gabriel's mind absorbs Garron's presence as a trigger to be a compliant blood doll.

Nostro then grabs his neck and sinks his fangs in deep drawing enough blood to leave Gabriel woozy when he wakes, but no more.

When he finishes Gabriel groans slightly and comes.

Nostro looks at Lysander. "That typical?" he laughs.

OOC: The bite of a young vampire can give intense sexual pleasure

Lysander has seen it all before, and indeed - remembers the first few years of his new life.

'Very. The good thing for us all is the lack of shame. He is yours now, easy feeding for when you need to come here to work. Ensure you are not discovered though.'

He listens for anyone nearby before opening the door.

'Now, shall we? This is your negotiation - I will not intervene unless necessary. Call it another test if you will. But one you are likely more capable at than me.'

OOC: Dominate OFF

Nostro leads Lysander to a nice meeting room with a long black wooden table and a large LCD screen for conference calls.

Imelda's agent, a Hispanic woman in her 40s. Lysander suddenly realises he can glean a good bit of information on her simply from sensing her blood, Enoch's gift extends to mortals.

"Ms. Morales a pleasure to meet you, this is my assisstant Mr. Umbral. So what can I do to get your girl to fight at this hotel?"

"Well, let's talk fees first of all..."

The negotiations begin. She starts off by asking for what Nostro claims is too much, a bit of back and forth happens for a while, then he begins to get frustrated. He wants a big event, her knocking out a bunch of lower ranked fighters. Morales says that's beneath Imelda. He leans into Lysander.

"I don't want to pay for two big fighters"

Just then Nostro's Vitae stirs. Dominate is manifesting. He asks for a break in the meeting. When she leaves:

"Sire I can....feel her will...I don't know how to describe it, it feels tangible. I feel I can...break it"

Nostro leads Lysander to a nice meeting room with a long black wooden table and a large LCD screen for conference calls.

Imelda's agent, a Hispanic woman in her 40s. Lysander suddenly realises he can glean a good bit of information on her simply from sensing her blood, Enoch's gift extends to mortals.

"Ms. Morales a pleasure to meet you, this is my assisstant Mr. Umbral. So what can I do to get your girl to fight at this hotel?"

"Well, let's talk fees first of all..."

The negotiations begin. She starts off by asking for what Nostro claims is too much, a bit of back and forth happens for a while, then he begins to get frustrated. He wants a big event, her knocking out a bunch of lower ranked fighters. Morales says that's beneath Imelda. He leans into Lysander.

"I don't want to pay for two big fighters"

Just then Nostro's Vitae stirs. Dominate is manifesting. He asks for a break in the meeting. When she leaves:

"Sire I can....feel her will...I don't know how to describe it, it feels tangible. I feel I can...break it"

'Then do it. Who would you be to deny your own power manifesting within. I will be here if anything goes wrong.'

Morales reenters the room.

Nostro is eager to try his new gift.

"Agree to my terms now" as he says, his eyes turning red and his voice gaining an almost electronic echo. The lights flicker, the lack of subtlety typical of young discipline use.

"Of course" she says drooling slightly and she immediately signs the contract.

Afterward she seems annoyed at herself, trying to understand why she signed it. Nostro cannot yet get a mind to fully accept his commands as their own.

"You bamboozled me there Mr. Garron, quite a forceful negotiator, I don't envy Mr. Umbral here working under such a man. However a deal is a deal. You'll have your fight Saturday night"

There's a bit of small talk and she leaves.

"That...was incredible master"

Lysander nods.

'And that is just the tip of the iceberg, my young friend. There are other disciplines you will develop in time, though they are more for... less public displays. In time, your powers will grow. Remember what I said about balance. And on Saturday, we will have our second.

Did you like her agent? I plan to ask her and Imelda to dine with us after the fight. Make a booking at the nearest restaurant to the monument post fight. They will not refuse.

As you now see, they cannot deny our will, the mortals.'

"Yes sire, I'll arrange things immediately..."

He pauses. Looking at Lysander.

"...Sire, how powerful are you exactly?"

"Yes sire, I'll arrange things immediately..."

He pauses. Looking at Lysander.

"...Sire, how powerful are you exactly?"

'Let's put it this way Nostro. I could probably crumble your mind with a few words and a sharp stare.'

He looks around and makes sure the room is empty, before drawing every shadow in the room towards him briefly before releasing them.

'And I could crush your body like a bug with the shadows themselves. But I would not do this, not unless there is disloyalty. It is one thing I will not abide, and I will not hesitate to end you if I suspect it.

Once you are stronger you will have more freedom from me following your every movements, I will not be as overbearing. But what I ask in return is trust and loyalty. My word is law.'

• Advertisement

Nostro looks impressed more than frightened, Lysander senses respect and awe.

"I wouldn't think of it Sir, truly. I feel there is decades of learning ahead of me and how can I repay the one who gave me immortality.

I have a car waiting for us"

Saturday Night:
    Imelda's fight has drawn a large crowd. Nostro is doing an impressive meet and greet with some of San Diego's finest, local rich kids as well as big business names and some figures from the music industry. Reporters from some of the local papers show up, but Nostro is smart enough to always be out of any photos.

He approaches Lysander at the cocktail bar.

"Sire, two guests have shown up, say they know you. A Mr. Cock Robin and a Ms. Tara Kearney"

Saturday Night:
    Imelda's fight has drawn a large crowd. Nostro is doing an impressive meet and greet with some of San Diego's finest, local rich kids as well as big business names and some figures from the music industry. Reporters from some of the local papers show up, but Nostro is smart enough to always be out of any photos.

He approaches Lysander at the cocktail bar.

"Sire, two guests have shown up, say they know you. A Mr. Cock Robin and a Ms. Tara Kearney"

Lysander rises.

'Business calls then Nostro. Come, as in time you will need to be included in these discussions. After that, perhaps we can slip backstage before the fight? I wish to meet with Imelda and her agent.

And the other fighter, if time allows it. Always nice to be hospitable to our guests.'

Cock Robin and Tara are in the hotel lobby. Cock Robin is under obfuscate as a handsome young tech entrepreneur in a purple jacket and Tara wears nondescript jeans and trousers.

Cock Robin shakes Nostro's hand.

"So this is the new guy. Your Sire and I go back a bit. Not so much in time, but in what we've been through"

Tara walks forward.

"Hi, I'm Tara. You'll get to know me well"

Cock Robin and Tara are in the hotel lobby. Cock Robin is under obfuscate as a handsome young tech entrepreneur in a purple jacket and Tara wears nondescript jeans and trousers.

Cock Robin shakes Nostro's hand.

"So this is the new guy. Your Sire and I go back a bit. Not so much in time, but in what we've been through"

Tara walks forward.

"Hi, I'm Tara. You'll get to know me well"

'Tara, Rob - this is Bruce Garron. Come to watch the fight or here on... other business? This is Bruce's hotel, I'm sure there's a conference room we can take for a short period before it commences.

As for the fight I have a vested interest in one of the competitors.'

"I can imagine" Tara replies "She seems suited to it from what I know"

"Yeah not a bad choice Lysander" Cock Robin says.

Tara speaks first. "I'm here on something minor. Robin's is more serious. I suppose given his status it would have to be..." she smirks "...whoever you want to speak to first is fine with me"

"I can imagine" Tara replies "She seems suited to it from what I know"

"Yeah not a bad choice Lysander" Cock Robin says.

Tara speaks first. "I'm here on something minor. Robin's is more serious. I suppose given his status it would have to be..." she smirks "...whoever you want to speak to first is fine with me"

Lysander turns to Nostro.

'Bruce, Tara is Prince of San Diego. While I might have an element of control over the area - it was gifted to us by her good graces. You remember our discussion on the hierarchies, yes?'

He turns back to face Rob and Tara.

'My prince as it is your jurisdiction, I should hear you first - assuming Rob does not mind, of course.'

"Of course not Lysander" he then heads off to mingle for a bit.

Tara smiles and then starts "Just thought I'd let you know that a few little Malkavians have arrived in town. Snuck in on boats. People they feed on go a little crazy afterward, as in committed to asylums. Could you sort them out for us...might be good exercise for you Neonate" she says to Nostro.

"Of course not Lysander" he then heads off to mingle for a bit.

Tara smiles and then starts "Just thought I'd let you know that a few little Malkavians have arrived in town. Snuck in on boats. People they feed on go a little crazy afterward, as in committed to asylums. Could you sort them out for us...might be good exercise for you Neonate" she says to Nostro.

Lysander smirks.

'You think you're up to a task such as this yet Bruce? I will leave it to you the means with how to deal with them.'

He thinks for a moment.

'Younglings? Interesting. I encountered two in the sewers when meeting the Nosferatu. Is this a regular problem my Prince?'

• Advertisement

"You did know. Ernesto is pretty good at flushing them out. Unfortunately yes it is a problem. Young vampires from Mexico and Phoenix often head here to make their way in the world. The Prince of Pheonix is a terrifying guy, Prinz, a Jamaican by birth. He can make people dance to death and he has some ability that has prevented the Sabbat from crushing the city. They attack Pheonix every decade, but he holds them off. It's a pretty big Sabbat force, without him we'd be flooded. Good for him as otherwise we'd kill him...too weird"

Advertisement