Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Three - City in Motion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necro wrote: »
    Lysander smiles.

'First things first. Let's see if he's squeaky clean, or rolling in the dirt like the rest of us. Looks like I'll be taking the night shift. I think it would suit me, what would you say?'
    "I think it would suit you at any rate. The interview we can skip. I'll make tomorrow night your first. My Nosferatu network will be told to make your insertion into the company their top priority. Reasonable?"

She smiles, quite pleased with herself.

Lysander feels a small urge to feed suddenly. He can smell Tara's Vitae from across the table.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    "I think it would suit you at any rate. The interview we can skip. I'll make tomorrow night your first. My Nosferatu network will be told to make your insertion into the company their top priority. Reasonable?"

She smiles, quite pleased with herself.

Lysander feels a small urge to feed suddenly. He can smell Tara's Vitae from across the table.

'Perfectly reasonable. Have you any blood on the menu, Tara? It's been a while and has been quite a... trying few days. I must feed soon.'

'Perfectly reasonable. Have you any blood on the menu, Tara? It's been a while and has been quite a... trying few days. I must feed soon.'
    "Yeah sure preferences lad?"

Lysander notices that Tara suddenly displayed a non-American accent. The beast however only notices the colossal amounts of Vitae in her skull, neck and chest.

OOC: Resolve + Composure

It's too much, Lysander's vitae rushes to his limbs to power an explosive leap at Tara.

However something deep in Lysander can't stand what this will do to him, the loss of power to follow, the disruption to his plans. So chaotic, so messy. A Lasombra is a beast, but a conniving thinking beast, not some animal.

The shadow stuff within him goes soft, no longer aping muscle. Without muscle he cannot move. He slowly loses his mind to blood rage, the beast that takes over raging for Tara's neck, but it cannot move. It screams, howls, feels like tearing its own heart out in rage.

Then the rage passes and Lysander is in full control again.

"Preference dear? Lost in thought?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It's too much, Lysander's vitae rushes to his limbs to power an explosive leap at Tara.

However something deep in Lysander can't stand what this will do to him, the loss of power to follow, the disruption to his plans. So chaotic, so messy. A Lasombra is a beast, but a conniving thinking beast, not some animal.

The shadow stuff within him goes soft, no longer aping muscle. Without muscle he cannot move. He slowly loses his mind to blood rage, the beast that takes over raging for Tara's neck, but it cannot move. It screams, howls, feels like tearing its own heart out in rage.

Then the rage passes and Lysander is in full control again.

"Preference dear? Lost in thought?"

'Hmmmm...? Yes. Planning my next move, my dear. Lawyer if you have any. Sate my appetite for the time being at least.'

• Advertisement

Tara tosses heads to a wooden cabinet and takes out a vile and brings it over to Lysander.

"There you go, top quality stuff. He represents the city in high profile cases"

Tara tosses heads to a wooden cabinet and takes out a vile and brings it over to Lysander.

"There you go, top quality stuff. He represents the city in high profile cases"

Lysander drinks deep, knowing it will not truly sate his beast, but it will have to suffice for now.

Lysander drinks deep, knowing it will not truly sate his beast, but it will have to suffice for now.
    Details of case law and a good portion of the San Diego's legal history, some major cases of the last ten years and the Californian state law flows into his mind, along with a slight surfer dude accent and the ability to surf.

OOC: Two extra dice on Legal rolls and three in the particular case of Corporate law. You can surf and have +1 Dexterity

Lysander smiles at Tara.

'Like, totally rad.. Ahem... excuse me. Ok tell me when it is set up. I should get home. We can plan how to deal with Helena after I have... acquired - Bruce.'

Lysander smiles at Tara.

'Like, totally rad.. Ahem... excuse me. Ok tell me when it is set up. I should get home. We can plan how to deal with Helena after I have... acquired - Bruce.'
    "It'll be arranged for when you wake tomorrow. Car is outside, don't worry the driver is trustworthy. Good night Lysander"

• Advertisement

"It'll be arranged for when you wake tomorrow. Car is outside, don't worry the driver is trustworthy. Good night Lysander"

Lysander nods and leaves Tara to her beans. He can't even imagine eating food it has been so long, but each to their own. Giving up disciplines to....learn to eat again...

He shakes his head. Perhaps there was another way to solve this Helena issue. It would require some thought, though.

He enters the car once he gets outside.

'Good evening, I believe you are my driver for this evening?'

'Good evening, I believe you are my driver for this evening?'
    "Yeah like I am dude"

A young man with long black hair and earphones in playing rap turns to shake Lysander's hand.

"Met Tara? She's cool, like my great great grand aunt. Pretty cool huh, she watches out for the family and..."

He goes on a bit but says very little beyond obvious facts about Tara and being a family ghoul.

OOC: It's common for some Vampires to keep descendants of their mortal families as ghouls. It does imply sentimentality and some would view it as a weakness. However family blood is very restorative and Vampires in regular contact with family very rarely frenzy.

"Yeah like I am dude"

A young man with long black hair and earphones in playing rap turns to shake Lysander's hand.

"Met Tara? She's cool, like my great great grand aunt. Pretty cool huh, she watches out for the family and..."

He goes on a bit but says very little beyond obvious facts about Tara and being a family ghoul.

Lysander nods along and lets the man talk as he relaxes in the back. He has other things on his mind.

The following night:
    Lysander gets off the train next to "Garron Financial".

Nice suit.

Nice shoes.

Nice name, "Jonathan Umbral".

Documents forged, everything ready.

The six story building is just across the road. Two security guards visible through the window.

The following night:
    Lysander gets off the train next to "Garron Financial".

Nice suit.

Nice shoes.

Nice name, "Jonathan Umbral".

Documents forged, everything ready.

The six story building is just across the road. Two security guards visible through the window.

'Jonathan' strolls across the street, briefcase swinging and approaches the building.

One of the security guards looks up.

"You the new guy? HR guys were practically swooning over you, that must have been some interview. Here's your ID card. Fifth floor pal, legal"

There had been no interview, Tara had texted him on the train ride. Her Ventrue agents had done an incredibly swift mass dominate on the relevant staff. All had consistent memories of a great interview.

One of the security guards looks up.

"You the new guy? HR guys were practically swooning over you, that must have been some interview. Here's your ID card. Fifth floor pal, legal"

There had been no interview, Tara had texted him on the train ride. Her Ventrue agents had done an incredibly swift mass dominate on the relevant staff. All had consistent memories of a great interview.

Jonathan takes the card and nods.

'Thank you, it's a pleasure to be working here. Perhaps we can go for coffee when we clock off? Would be nice to get to know a face or two around here, I'm new enough in town.'

"Hey man...that's rare from you types...no offense. Yeah sure, night shift is night shift I guess. Name's Clarence"

He presses a button and a turnstile unlocks for Lysander.

"Hey man...that's rare from you types...no offense. Yeah sure, night shift is night shift I guess. Name's Clarence"

He presses a button and a turnstile unlocks for Lysander.

Lysander nods.

'It's always good to have a friend in security. Never know what types could wander through this door. Things that go bump in the night, anything! Talk to you later, Clarence, it was nice meeting you.'

Lysander enters the turnstile and heads for the fifth floor.

Lysander gets to the lift and notices a CCTV camera in it that he won't show up on, though thankfully no mirror.

The lift asks "Floor please".

• Advertisement

Lysander gets to the lift and notices a CCTV camera in it that he won't show up on, though thankfully no mirror.

The lift asks "Floor please".

'Fifth - Legal.' He flashes his identity card just in case. Even though it's a lift and not a person.

'Fifth - Legal.' He flashes his identity card just in case. Even though it's a lift and not a person.
    "Sorry could you say that more clearly?"

"Sorry could you say that more clearly?"

'Fifth Floor? Legal?'

Lysander shakes his head briefly. Blasted curse.

'Fifth Floor? Legal?'

Lysander shakes his head briefly. Blasted curse.
    "Sorry. I cannot understand"

Somebody steps into the lift, a large man at least 6' 8'' with dark hair and sky blue eyes.

"Voice problems?" he smiles.

'Yeah... sorry. I'm new here - seems to be a problem with the lift.... in it not hearing me! Is this normal?

Jonathan is the name. Jonathan Umbral.'

Lysander extends his hand.

The man shakes his hand.

"Cool name, I'm Gabriel Smith. No never happened before, I see you're legal like me, so no worries.

Fifth please"

And up they go.

The doors open and Lysander sees a busy floor, at least thirty people taking calls, arguing, discussing next to whiteboards.

He can smell the adrenaline and testosterone on the floor, heart rates singificantly higher than normal. This blood would make excellent Vitae.

His target approaches him.

"Hi, Jonathon Umbral is it? I'm Bruce Garron, had to come meet you after that interview"

A few on the floor look on, the Dominating powers of his Vitae casually extracts their surface thoughts. Pure jealousy.

The man shakes his hand.

"Cool name, I'm Gabriel Smith. No never happened before, I see you're legal like me, so no worries.

Fifth please"

And up they go.

The doors open and Lysander sees a busy floor, at least thirty people taking calls, arguing, discussing next to whiteboards.

He can smell the adrenaline and testosterone on the floor, heart rates singificantly higher than normal. This blood would make excellent Vitae.

His target approaches him.

"Hi, Jonathon Umbral is it? I'm Bruce Garron, had to come meet you after that interview"

A few on the floor look on, the Dominating powers of his Vitae casually extracts their surface thoughts. Pure jealousy.

'Yes, it's a pleasure to be working with you Bruce. I'm confident I can live up to your expectations.'

Lysander meets his gaze but only pushes slightly with his Dominate, testing the man's will.

'I presume there's a corner office for me?'

'Yes, it's a pleasure to be working with you Bruce. I'm confident I can live up to your expectations.'

Lysander meets his gaze but only pushes slightly with his Dominate, testing the man's will.

'I presume there's a corner office for me?'
    Dominate doesn't manage to get anything from his mind, not even surface thoughts. That's some will for a mortal. Bruce's mind feels the dominate, but rationalises it as Jonathon having a commanding presence.

"I see why they liked you, yes a corner office, this way"

Lysander is led into the office.

"What do you think, must be impressive even for somebody with a star studded Ivy League education

Like the dining table?"

BMfW4P.png

Dominate doesn't manage to get anything from his mind, not even surface thoughts. That's some will for a mortal. Bruce's mind feels the dominate, but rationalises it as Jonathon having a commanding presence.

"I see why they liked you, yes a corner office, this way"

Lysander is led into the office.

"What do you think, must be impressive even for somebody with a star studded Ivy League education

Like the dining table?"

'It's... quite exquisite. I certainly do.'

He looks out at the city.

'I love the city at night, it's like one big... playpen. Controlled by a few, they all seem to dance like puppets.'

He looks at Bruce.

'Tell me, do you like your current position Mr. Garron? I plan to help you keep it, to make you... better... no, that's not it. More powerful, yes, that's better.

There is more to life than just money though, wouldn't you agree? Power... that is where the true joy lies. In my... humble.... opinion of course.'

• Advertisement

'Tell me, do you like your current position Mr. Garron? I plan to help you keep it, to make you... better... no, that's not it. More powerful, yes, that's better.

There is more to life than just money though, wouldn't you agree? Power... that is where the true joy lies. In my... humble.... opinion of course.'
    Bruce narrows his eyes.

"That's a very direct statement for a new hire. Yeah I like my position and yes I like power...more than money? I think so"

He waits for Jonathon to respond.

Advertisement