Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Three - City in Motion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Tim drives them to Torrey Pines state beach north of San Diego. Quite secluded at this time of night. Only a few stragglers sitting at the shore.

s4PHvB.jpg

He parks the car at the beach edge and calls Bruce.

There is some introductory banter and then Tim begins to recall grievances with Bruce, the declining sales figures and then he drops the bomb.

"...well if you aren't going to take it seriously Bruce, let's see how serious the media will take it?"

Bruce goes silent at the other end.

"Well Bruce, that got your attention?"

Bruce speaks.

"Your rashness has gotten my attention. I thought you were a calm man Tim. Where are you now?"

"Torrey Pines"

"Fine, I'll come meet you there, don't budge let's talk this out. I heard about your outburst in the office. Steven came up to tell me. I don't know what you are doing. Poor Jonathon just started, you left with him?"

"I told him to get out"

"He is an experienced young man, another asset I have lost because of your impulsiveness. I understand the situation with your wife Tim. A moment of weakness on your behalf, not that there haven't been others Tim. Cancun?"

Tim goes pale and silent.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander speaks, his voice too low for Bruce to hear.

'Assert yourself, Tim. This is about him, and what he is doing to the company. Tell him that, tell him get here now - and then hang up.

That will show him you're serious.'

"I'LL FUKING BURY YOU!!" Tim shouts suddenly, hanging up in a sweat.

"My...my wife, he...he knows about the...I've a lover in Mexico, I head out every few months...I...how did he know?"

Tim starts to cry.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    "I'LL FUKING BURY YOU!!" Tim shouts suddenly, hanging up in a sweat.

"My...my wife, he...he knows about the...I've a lover in Mexico, I head out every few months...I...how did he know?"

Tim starts to cry.

'Snap out of it Tim. He won't be worrying about your wife or you after tonight, I guarantee that. Now, let's get out. You wait for him by the car. I... well... I'll be around. I will help if you need it.'

Lysander gets out of the car and melts into the shadows.... watching, waiting.

Bruce pulls up in a fancy custom chrome finish car, no make apparent.

He gets out of the car and approaches Tim's, Tim gets out as well.

A shouting match starts, at least on Tim's side. The howling beach wind means the words don't carry far and by now the beach is empty. Lysander hears clearly enough though.

Tim confronts him about his mistress. Bruce replies he has all the higher ups watched. Tim calls him a Psycho, which Bruce doesn't even react at.

Bruce asks for the data, but Tim seems emboldened by Jonathon's support and says he's going to reveal it anyway unless Bruce steps down from politics.

Bruce reaches for something in his coat pocket...

(OOC: If you wish to react you can)

• Advertisement

Lysander merely watches.

He is intrigued.

Bruce takes out his phone.

"Gordon Hi, this is Bruce...yeah, yeah...no not for a round of golf...." he chats for a bit.

"Yeah some moron will be sending some false rumours about the company, ex-employee with domestic issues, crush the story..yeah..yeah...thanks for this"

He hangs up.

"Media Tim? I've bought the media, or as much as I need to cast doubt on your story. Also I'm fairly sure we can get the systems to look like you rigged the data. I'm disappointed in you, maybe Jonathon should get your job" he says with a smirk.

Tim sees red and lunges at him, they land in the sand, Tim punching Bruce's face.

(OOC: Giving you the choice again)

Lysander is impressed.

He emerges slightly from the shadows, clapping. As he claps though - he flicks the shadows to both men and pins them both.

OOC: Arms of the Abyss

'That's quite enough now boys. Bruce - you have surpassed all of my expectations. Truly... I am impressed.

But yet... you seek mortal power. I have come to offer you more.

Ha, what am I saying? Not offer, take. You'll learn more...soon.

But for now - you die.'

Lysander uses the Arms to drag Bruce towards him.

OOC: And if that all works, he drains him as dry as the Sahara :P

Bruce's corpse collapses to the ground. No words escaped his mouth as the Arms poured shadow down his throat.

Time crawls backward on the sand.

"What the fuk...what are you...WHAT ARE YOU?!!!" he screams tears flowing from his eyes.

Bruce's corpse collapses to the ground. No words escaped his mouth as the Arms poured shadow down his throat.

Time crawls backward on the sand.

"What the fuk...what are you...WHAT ARE YOU?!!!" he screams tears flowing from his eyes.

'I am night. I am darkness. And... as you already put it - I am your lord. Now. Wait in the car Tim, your lord commands it. Give me your phone and keys first though. Do not leave the car or I will kill you.

You still have a part to play, Tim. Oh yes. A very important part.'

• Advertisement

Tim says nothing but does as Lysander says, both phones, his keys and then he waits in the car. Lysander can smell the fear and hear the sobbing.

Bruce's body lies in the sand. His soul still in the world of the living. It sits now, invisible to most, but thanks to his training with the Giovanni, not to Lysander.

He sees the cocoon attached by a spectral tether to Bruce's body. The cocoon itself houses Bruce's soul, currently experiencing wild and vivid dreams of his life, shielding him from the reality of death. His soul has the appearance of a younger Bruce.

Were he to leave it, the tether would snap in about three weeks and Bruce would pass to the next world. The cocoon lying there for potentially years before a Reaper possessing a Scythe of the Ferrymen would rip it open.

Tim says nothing but does as Lysander says, both phones, his keys and then he waits in the car. Lysander can smell the fear and hear the sobbing.

Bruce's body lies in the sand. His soul still in the world of the living. It sits now, invisible to most, but thanks to his training with the Giovanni, not to Lysander.

He sees the cocoon attached by a spectral tether to Bruce's body. The cocoon itself houses Bruce's soul, currently experiencing wild and vivid dreams of his life, shielding him from the reality of death. His soul has the appearance of a younger Bruce.

Were he to leave it, the tether would snap in about three weeks and Bruce would pass to the next world. The cocoon lying there for potentially years before a Reaper possessing a Scythe of the Ferrymen would rip it open.

Lysander picks up the corpse of Bruce and walks towards the water.

As he enters with the lifeless body, his mind casts back to his own siring, or what he can recall.

Emerging from the water in Nesebar, the Byzantine ruins in front of him casting a picturesque scene as he could taste the salt on his tongue.

But it was not salt he wanted - no. He acquired a new taste that night. One that would be as much a curse for him at times as it would be a delight.

He briefly wonders what his mortal life could have been like had he... but it matter not anymore.

Now he is Lysander Karpov, soon to become the first Lasombra to establish a US Camarilla clan.

They would speak of this night in the central Camarilla council chambers. He had to do this right.

He would.

The body left in the water, Lysander sits on the beach and waits.

About an hour before sunrise, Lysander's quite vigil is disturbed.

At the edge of his senses something.

A presence. In the water. In his blood. A new Kindred rises.

The water boils and Bruce screams in ecstasy and rage as red power erupts in his veins...

'Tim, your time has come. Prove yourself to your lord. Come to me!'

Lysander stands and smiles as Bruce emerges from the water.

'Oh yes, my child. Welcome back. You will likely be...'

He gestures to Tim.

'Hungry.'

He leaps out of the water onto the sand as Tim steps out of the car.

Not Lasombra yet, no shadows rush to meet him, no shadows in his blood, he cannot sense minds.

No, he is now but an eldritch engine that converts mortal blood to the mystic substance known as Vitae. For now this Vitae only animates him and nothing more. A walking corpse powered by the few drops of Vitae Lysander gave him after he drained him.

A pure clanless Cainite.

A Vampire.

His head twists and turns on his shoulders doing a full rotation like an owl.

The wild eyes, he is frenzying.

He looks to Lysander, even a dumb beast knows the alpha.

He turns to Tim following Lysander's gesture.

It's almost a thing of beauty. He runs toward Bruce on all fours, legs now stronger than a Lion's propel him into Tim.

Tim must have screamed at some point, but Lysander had tuned it out. He feels the pleasure of the feed via their connection, it is like nothing else. This first feed is to be savoured.

Bruce rises from the mangled body of Tim. Blood covering his expensive suit. He staggers toward Lysander, human colouring returning to his eyes, the Frenzy is passing.

"Sire" he simply says as he drops to his knees before Lysander.

"Thank you" he manages with a crimson tear as he kisses Lysander's hand.

The blood providing more understanding than words can convey.

Lysander looks at Bruce's suit.

'You do not have to thank me - you were chosen. I saw it in you, you will be a true Lasombra. Power is the most important thing in this world. Even more so in your new one. It will take time, but you will be better than you once were. You will not just crave power - you will BE power.

But we should leave. Whatever is left of... him... throw to the gulls. This feed will not trouble the Masquerade. Once that is done, we will alight and find a place to sleep. You must stay close for now, Bruc....

No. Your mortal name was Bruce. And it still shall be.

But in the new circles... I baptise you...

Arise, Nostro.

My second in command, first in a line of many Lasombra as we begin a glorious future together.'

Nostro nods in acceptance.

He feeds what remains of Tim to the gulls and fish, stripping the meat with his teeth. Then he tosses the bones far out to sea individually.

"My car Sire? I'll drive, after all I am now the one eager to learn and with a need to impress" he says with a smile.

Nostro nods in acceptance.

He feeds what remains of Tim to the gulls and fish, stripping the meat with his teeth. Then he tosses the bones far out to sea individually.

"My car Sire? I'll drive, after all I am now the one eager to learn and with a need to impress" he says with a smile.

'Your car will do fine. I'll take care of Tim and his disappearance as we drive.'

Lysander drops the car keys to Tim's car beside the car and unlocks his phone.

He sends a text to his wife - after asking Nostro her name, of course, which reads:

"My dear, I cannot live with what I did to you any longer. This is goodbye."

Once it is sent he crushes the phone in his fist before throwing it out the window.

Nostro smiles.

"You know, she's actually better off without him..."

He looks Lysander in the eyes.

"...not that it matters of course"

He puts the car into reverse and they pull out of the beach.

Shortly they're driving through the neon streets of north San Diego, the strobes blurring past the car. The world outside doesn't know it, but this car contains something completely new.

The American Camarilla Lasombra Clan.

And any who stand against it will be sorry the thought ever entered their head.

OOC: 30XP. Nostro character sheet soon (when he manifests first discipline). Playing as Nostro unlocked

At the boat house the next morning Lysander rises from the compartment in the wall before Nostro, but not before Clarissa.

"Who is he Ly?" she asks.

• Advertisement

At the boat house the next morning Lysander rises from the compartment in the wall before Nostro, but not before Clarissa.

"Who is he Ly?" she asks.

'Nostro - or should I say he was Bruce Garron. He is now kindred - and I expect once he goes through his...changes...

He will be our most trusted lieutenant.

Yes, I said 'our'. If I'm going to run a clan then I will need help.'

Nostro opens the compartment.

"Boat house, nice, nice...so the dreams I just had...they explained a good bit. Felt like I was in them for decades. Camarilla, Sabbat, Lasombra...so much information. I was guided by you..."

He looks at Lysander.

"...or a dream of you. I feel like I've been doing this for years, but I haven't have I"

OOC: Lasombra can undergo a pretty rapid knowledge dump after Siring, where some other clans know nothing more than when they were mortal and need everything explained. This is one of the reasons Lasombra don't do mass Sirings for wars, the neonates created would no too much

Nostro opens the compartment.

"Boat house, nice, nice...so the dreams I just had...they explained a good bit. Felt like I was in them for decades. Camarilla, Sabbat, Lasombra...so much information. I was guided by you..."

He looks at Lysander.

"...or a dream of you. I feel like I've been doing this for years, but I haven't have I"

OOC: Lasombra can undergo a pretty rapid knowledge dump after Siring, where some other clans know nothing more than when they were mortal and need everything explained. This is one of the reasons Lasombra don't do mass Sirings for wars, the neonates created would no too much

'No - indeed this will be your first true night. Lasombra learn quickly, but the true tests are ahead.

Know this. We are aligned to the Camarilla - which makes us antitribu. The Sabbat will likely seek to kill us - for daring to do what I have done.

Truthfully, in their position I don't blame them. But be on your guard, your abilities will take some time to manifest.'

Necro wrote: »
    'No - indeed this will be your first true night. Lasombra learn quickly, but the true tests are ahead.

Know this. We are aligned to the Camarilla - which makes us antitribu. The Sabbat will likely seek to kill us - for daring to do what I have done.

Truthfully, in their position I don't blame them. But be on your guard, your abilities will take some time to manifest.'
    "Okay, but I am immortal unless the Sun or Fire or just a plain beating destroy me...and to think I wanted to be a politician yesterday. This is real fuking power..." he grins wildly "...I saw it in the dream, utterly crushing somebody's mind, making it yours..."

He looks to Lysander with joy.

"...you did it to me, what was like? What does it feel like to have that kind of control?"

Clarissa seems a bit taken aback.

"Okay, but I am immortal unless the Sun or Fire or just a plain beating destroy me...and to think I wanted to be a politician yesterday. This is real fuking power..." he grins wildly "...I saw it in the dream, utterly crushing somebody's mind, making it yours..."

He looks to Lysander with joy.

"...you did it to me, what was like? What does it feel like to have that kind of control?"

Clarissa seems a bit taken aback.

'It feels.... completely natural. You own that person in the moment, every fibre, every inch of their being...'

Lysander thinks back briefly.

'And then what results is the perfect killing machine - an extension of yourself.

And in time, I will need you to learn how to do this as well Nostro. But there is much to do before we get to that stage. We will need to establish our power over our territory. Negotiate treaties and possibly resolve disputes with other clans.'

Lysander regards Nostro with a stare.

'How does that sit with you my friend? Up to the task? Those political skills will be very important - and when you learn some more self-control.... your old, real life contacts will likely be very, very helpful to us.

Maintain your distance for now though, for as you learned in your dreams - the Masquerade must always be protected. Do not break off contact, but I wouldn't be planning any public appearances in the short term.'

"I'm definitely up for it" he sits on the sofa and presses his fingers to his temples.

"I'll get thinking on how I might use my political connections for now. Just let me know exactly how big our territory is when you get a chance Sir"

He looks around for a laptop before Clarissa gives him, seemingly absorbed in the work already.

"I'm definitely up for it" he sits on the sofa and presses his fingers to his temples.

"I'll get thinking on how I might use my political connections for now. Just let me know exactly how big our territory is when you get a chance Sir"

He looks around for a laptop before Clarissa gives him, seemingly absorbed in the work already.

'Of course, I have to work out the boundaries with the Prince here myself, once I know - you will as well.'

Lysander leaves Nostro to it and steps outside, looking at Clarissa and gesturing for her to join him.

When she does he attempts to speak into her mind so Nostro cannot hear.

'Well... what do you think? He's keen, ambitious, power hungry... he's exactly what we need.'

'He feels exactly like you to be Ly. Power hungry, clever ruthless, except..."

She looks confused.

"...for something I'm not sure of yet"

'He feels exactly like you to be Ly. Power hungry, clever ruthless, except..."

She looks confused.

"...for something I'm not sure of yet"

Lysander smirks.

'Well, we can't all have my dashing looks. Attractive, nonetheless though.'

He takes out his phone and calls the Prince.

'Tara - it is Lysander. My dalliance with.... Nostro... was a success. What is the next step?'

• Advertisement

"Lysander good to here. Well we are thinking of giving you the entire Point Loma Peninsula from the airport to the Cabrillo National Monument

What do you think?"

OOC: See here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/San+Diego,+CA,+USA/@32.7141659,-117.2171386,13.25z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x80d9530fad921e4b:0xd3a21fdfd15df79!8m2!3d32.715738!4d-117.1610838

Advertisement