Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Three - City in Motion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necro wrote: »
    Lysander gets out of the car and takes a look around for an easier entrance to the sewers than simply jumping down a manhole. It's uncouth, messy - and doing so in public like this with humans milling around would not set the best impression to the Nosferatu.

OOC: Dominate Off for now.
    His keen sense of smell leads Lysander to a patch of grass around the side of the building. A strong smell of sewerage emanates from it, but he see no entrance.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander steps on the grass carefully in a number of places, testing to see if there is an entrance beneath.

After he steps once or twice he feels the presence of Vitae in the ground. His is stronger however and overcomes the Vitae within the soil, he sees through the illusion. An entrance hatch lies in the ground disguised via the Nosferatu's Obfuscate discipline to look like grass. Mortals won't even perceive Lysander as he stands here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    After he steps once or twice he feels the presence of Vitae in the ground. His is stronger however and overcomes the Vitae within the soil, he sees through the illusion. An entrance hatch lies in the ground disguised via the Nosferatu's Obfuscate discipline to look like grass. Mortals won't even perceive Lysander as he stands here.

Lysander opens the hatch with a wry smile. This might be more difficult than he expected.

He heads down into the sewers slowly.

As he descends the ladder, shadows from the sewers converge to solidify around his feet, forming a protective layer that prevents him from getting his clothes dirty. After a bit of walking he reaches a junction in the sewer passages. On the wall going left he spots the Ankh of the Camarilla.

EFaXal.jpg

• Advertisement

Lysander briefly reaches out and touches the symbol. A late convert after escaping the Sabbat, he feels closer than most to the tenets that the organisation have.

Well... MOST of them anyways. He turns left and follows that passage.

Lysander finds himself in a large circular chamber, the walkways above the water stacked with computers and whiteboards with notes.

"Hello" a voice says, seemingly coming from all around him. Though nobody is visible.

"You're the new guy. Not Ventrue, not Toreador...that's what we thought at first...but Lasombra, now that is shocking, even after all we've seen. You own the ground above us now. You want us to recognise that? Bow down?"

Lysander finds himself in a large circular chamber, the walkways above the water stacked with computers and whiteboards with notes.

"Hello" a voice says, seemingly coming from all around him. Though nobody is visible.

"You're the new guy. Not Ventrue, not Toreador...that's what we thought at first...but Lasombra, now that is shocking, even after all we've seen. You own the ground above us now. You want us to recognise that? Bow down?"

Lysander stays calm.

'Bow down? Not really my style, truth be told. But one lesson I learned from an early age my invisible comrade - it is important for a new landlord to meet his tenants at least once. I may own the surface, but you likely know it better - and you definitely know down here better.

So will you meet with me?'

Lysander stays calm.

'Bow down? Not really my style, truth be told. But one lesson I learned from an early age my invisible comrade - it is important for a new landlord to meet his tenants at least once. I may own the surface, but you likely know it better - and you definitely know down here better.

So will you meet with me?'
    "A landlord needs to be strong. We've no doubt you are, but we show ourselves and your gaze could melt our will. And we know little of your other abilities, they truly frighten us...an exchange then. We will reveal ourselves, if you tell us the scope of your Obtenebration? Reliable information on it is so hard to find"

"A landlord needs to be strong. We've no doubt you are, but we show ourselves and your gaze could melt our will. And we know little of your other abilities, they truly frighten us...an exchange then. We will reveal ourselves, if you tell us the scope of your Obtenebration? Reliable information on it is so hard to find"

Lysander smirks.

'The truth then? Ok. The shadows I command could probably collapse this entire sewer and kill you all... if I wanted them to, that is.

I could demonstrate the full power on a small area if that would help.'

• Advertisement

A figure appears in front of Lysander.

wkF9di.jpg

"Hi, the name's Ernesto. I've no doubt you could kill us, but I'm glad to see you're reasonable. Guys, come out!" he shouts, followed by around twenty Nosferatu appearing along the walls, seated at the computers and some hanging from the ceiling like bats.

"So your terms Mr. Karpov?"

A figure appears in front of Lysander.

"Hi, the name's Ernesto. I've no doubt you could kill us, but I'm glad to see you're reasonable. Guys, come out!" he shouts, followed by around twenty Nosferatu appearing along the walls, seated at the computers and some hanging from the ceiling like bats.

"So your terms Mr. Karpov?"

'Terms? Just a mutual respect between our clans, and assistance if there are... issues on the land we both share.

In return - a promise that any breaches of the Masquerade will be dealt with swiftly and decisively.

Any and all info regarding this will be handsomely rewarded. When I am appropriately established we can arrange a regular meeting for this exchange.'

He folds his arms.

'Of course - there will likely be a counter offer, and I would not stand here in front of you as the first Lasombra Primogen in the United States - for the Camarilla... if I wasn't amenable to negotiations.'

"Seems good, a test of your strength then is all we need. Andy, bring them out"

He clicks his fingers at another Nosferatu, who runs off into a tunnel.

He bring back out two young vampires. Not young in appearance, one looks in her 50s, but the Vitae feels young, sired within the last year.

"We caught these two dregs feeding in this territory. Probably sired in a town nearby and made there way hear. No rights, Tara didn't grant them entry into the city. I'm obfuscating their roaring and pleading for the sake of our ears..."

Lysander can see the two of them with their faces contorted as the scream and wail while looking at him but no sound emerges.

"Kill them both in two different ways as fast as possible. Show us what our new Lord can do"

"Seems good, a test of your strength then is all we need. Andy, bring them out"

He clicks his fingers at another Nosferatu, who runs off into a tunnel.

He bring back out two young vampires. Not young in appearance, one looks in her 50s, but the Vitae feels young, sired within the last year.

"We caught these two dregs feeding in this territory. Probably sired in a town nearby and made there way hear. No rights, Tara didn't grant them entry into the city. I'm obfuscating their roaring and pleading for the sake of our ears..."

Lysander can see the two of them with their faces contorted as the scream and wail while looking at him but no sound emerges.

"Kill them both in two different ways as fast as possible. Show us what our new Lord can do"

'A test. I do like tests. I hope there's a pop quiz at the end.'

Lysander draws in the shadows.

OOC: Arms of the Abyss

He sends the tentacles towards the older of the two, wrapping it around her neck and squeezing until it tears it off.

The second is drawn in by the tentacles to meet Lysander's terrifying gaze.

OOC: I'm gonna turn on Dominate again - and use Dementation.

He enters the young kindred's mind and fills it with thoughts of sunlight, and how it would be amazing to see it again. Everything else, every memory, or partial thought - he destroys.

He enters the young kindred's mind and fills it with thoughts of sunlight, and how it would be amazing to see it again. Everything else, every memory, or partial thought - he destroys.
    The young kindred falls back with tears in his eyes.

"I want to see the light, feel the warmth. The Sun on my face. Will you come with me?" he looks up at Lysander crying blood.

The Nosferatu look at each other shocked.

"Jesus" Ernesto manages.

The young kindred falls back with tears in his eyes.

"I want to see the light, feel the warmth. The Sun on my face. Will you come with me?" he looks up at Lysander crying blood.

The Nosferatu look at each other shocked.

"Jesus" Ernesto manages.

'No no child. This is a journey you must face alone. Go and find a nice spot to watch it rise now. Do this and it will all be better.'

Lysander turns and spreads out his arms.

'Did I pass?'

"Yes, certainly" Ernesto says looking at the others who nod in response.

He kneels.

"Lysander of the Lasombra, we pledge ourselves to you and now we would ask that you keep a secret of ours"

He reaches into his jacket and tosses a book at the waters, Lysander's shadows catching it before it hits the surface and raising it to Lysander's face.

An old copy of the Book of Nod.

"The Camarilla views such things as ridiculous. However, do you believe in prophecy Mr. Karpov?"

"Yes, certainly" Ernesto says looking at the others who nod in response.

He kneels.

"Lysander of the Lasombra, we pledge ourselves to you and now we would ask that you keep a secret of ours"

He reaches into his jacket and tosses a book at the waters, Lysander's shadows catching it before it hits the surface and raising it to Lysander's face.

An old copy of the Book of Nod.

"The Camarilla views such things as ridiculous. However, do you believe in prophecy Mr. Karpov?"

'Prophecy? Oh - you could say that I not only believe in it... but live it. But that, my friend - is for another day.

What is it you wish to tell me? I guarantee you have my silence.'

'Prophecy? Oh - you could say that I not only believe in it... but live it. But that, my friend - is for another day.

What is it you wish to tell me? I guarantee you have my silence.'
    The Nosferatu look at each other. There are silent nods.

They all cut their thumbs, a single drop of Vitae entering the waters which then pull back.

A rung in the stone beneath is revealed, which Ernesto pulls up revealing a pillar. Lysander can sense a huge amount of obfuscate magic a work all over the pillar.

"To prevent anybody sensing it" he says as he taps the top.

The stone shifts to glass at the top, through which Lysander can see a single finger green with decay.

"We found it in 1878. The Vitae inside is strong...do you want to see how strong? We can drop the obfuscate momentarily"

Lysander looks at it in a mixture of confusion and surprise.

'A finger... from 1878?? Yes, I would like to sense the power myself. Only momentarily though.'

• Advertisement

"I'll have to ask you to impale me first, only the pain will keep my focus" Ernesto says flatly, clenching his fists for the coming pain.

"I'll have to ask you to impale me first, only the pain will keep my focus" Ernesto says flatly, clenching his fists for the coming pain.

'Impale... you? Welll.... ok...'

Lysander shoots out a tentacle towards Ernesto...

It strikes Ernesto in the stomach and continues out the back.

He drops the obfuscate.

All the Nosferatu drop to their knees. Lysander however does not. He's to far along for that kind of effect. He feels more like a kitten in front of a tiger. Layers of Dominate mental defenses protect him beyond his already low generation. For the finger to have that kind of effect, it must be very low in generation. How low? If he touched it he could tell, but that kind of proximity is risky. Frenzy risking.

It strikes Ernesto in the stomach and continues out the back.

He drops the obfuscate.

All the Nosferatu drop to their knees. Lysander however does not. He's to far along for that kind of effect. He feels more like a kitten in front of a tiger. Layers of Dominate mental defenses protect him beyond his already low generation. For the finger to have that kind of effect, it must be very low in generation. How low? If he touched it he could tell, but that kind of proximity is risky. Frenzy risking.

Lysander approaches the finger and attempts to touch it. He didn't gain power by avoiding these type of situations.

If it caused a little chaos, so be it. He would TRY to not let it happen.

OOC:

GlitteringGrizzledFluke-size_restricted.gif

OOC: Resolve + Composure, 7d10

Lysander touches the finger. His mind is consumed with the urge to scream and run, to kill himself rather than face the wrath of the being to whom this finger belonged.

It passes and he searches the Vitae. It's old, one memory attracts him in particular.

He stands in a fair at night underneath a star filled sky. A pretty girl sits on his lap refilling his wine cup.

vKM6Xz.jpg

The man beside him, his brother, gestures to him.

"Come, we will miss the King's great party if we mingle among the commoners any longer"

OOC: Off now!

His brother brings a donkey over.

"Now brother her is the only ride you'll get this evening that father will approve of" he says frowning at the commoner girl he sits off Lysander's knee.

Fourier wrote:
    "Now brother her is the only ride you'll get this evening that father will approve of" he says frowning at the commoner girl he sits off Lysander's knee.

Lysander sighs and pats the commoner fondly.

'Ok Jasmine, I must depart. Royal duties and all....'

He looks at the donkey.

'Shame about the mode of transport. You'd think our father could splash out on a steed fitting of our stature.'

"You'd think indeed. And who are you to complain, the favoured son and all. Apparently father wants you to meet with the King of Uruk. Let's speak as we ride to the palace"

He sets off.

• Advertisement

Fourier wrote:
    "You'd think indeed. And who are you to complain, the favoured son and all. Apparently father wants you to meet with the King of Uruk. Let's speak as we ride to the palace"

'Indeed.'

Lysander mounts his donkey and follows.

'Anything bothering you my brother? You seem... how do I say this without causing offence... ah, there's no way really.
    You seem gloomier than usual.'

Advertisement