Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Three - City in Motion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    "Sure thing pal, just glad to have you with me. It'll be like old times seeing Frank again. Remember Sally's birthday party with that stupid horse game..."

The taxi driver continues to drone on, thinking Lysander is an old friend. Cock Robin fills him in on the details.

"So a few months after you vanished San Diego was hit by a massive Sabbat attack. They were looking for you"

'Of course they were. You did warn me. It seems I had assistance from a higher power in some way.

What was the outcome? Nostro.... Clarissa... are they...

Dead?'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necro wrote: »
    'Of course they were. You did warn me. It seems I had assistance from a higher power in some way.

What was the outcome? Nostro.... Clarissa... are they...

Dead?'
    "Nostro no. He turned that Imelda fighter on your behalf. She defended him as he escaped. As for Clarissa...you'll see when you get here...I'm underneath LAX in the sewers...gggrrrgghhhlll"

He gargles in pain suddenly and the call cuts out.

Four hours later the taxi driver arrives at LAX airport.

"You sure you don't want to come to Frank's place, I'm sure he's still got those shoes. Up and down, ha, am I right?"

Lysander has no idea which of the hundred tedious stories he was told on the way here the driver is referencing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

"Nostro no. He turned that Imelda fighter on your behalf. She defended him as he escaped. As for Clarissa...you'll see when you get here...I'm underneath LAX in the sewers...gggrrrgghhhlll"

He gargles in pain suddenly and the call cuts out.

Four hours later the taxi driver arrives at LAX airport.

"You sure you don't want to come to Frank's place, I'm sure he's still got those shoes. Up and down, ha, am I right?"

Lysander has no idea which of the hundred tedious stories he was told on the way here the driver is referencing.

'Ha, that was a good one. No, I'll let you and Frank catch up. But my friend, should you feel the need to have a beer while you're here....'

He passes him his last business card.

'Give me a call. I have a business opportunity to discuss with you... if you're interested.'

He gets out of the car and looks around for a manhole.

'Ha, that was a good one. No, I'll let you and Frank catch up. But my friend, should you feel the need to have a beer while you're here....'

He passes him his last business card.

'Give me a call. I have a business opportunity to discuss with you... if you're interested.'

He gets out of the car and looks around for a manhole.
    "Yeah no problem. I'll give you a call"

He heads off.

Lysander finds manholes easily enough at the taxi rank near the departure terminal, although they're within easy view of nearby humans. Simply because Lysander would prefer them not to see everybody instinctively looks away.

Lysander opens one and enters, pulling it shut behind him.

He tries to get a sense of any vampiric powers nearby.

• Advertisement

Lysander opens one and enters, pulling it shut behind him.

He tries to get a sense of any vampiric powers nearby.
    Lysander senses several. Down the tunnels to the southwest he senses the presence of around thirty. To the north four and one of them makes him shiver with the enormity of its strength.

Lysander heads north, letting the power guide him.

'Oh God... the connection to Clarissa...'

He starts to run.

Lysander enters a sewer chamber. Before him are Jacqueline holding a staff with Cock Robin's head on it, Maximillian Strauss the Tremere Primogen he helped long ago, another Tremere standing beside him dressed in a strange red trench coat with Latin inscriptions on it and finally a vampire whose Vitae he does not recognise but whose face he does. She was the women at the stream when he visited Sicily long ago.

Behind them a massive fleshy cocoon grown into the floor, the other end attached to the roof. A dark red, it pulses with enough force to shake the chamber.

"Lysander, nice to see you again" Jacqueline says with a pissed off expression.

'Jacqueline... it has been a while, indeed. What have you done to Cock Robin my prince?'

He looks to fleshy cocoon behind her.

'And what the hell is that?'

"This was the only way I could save him...and that is Clarissa"

Cock Robin opens his eyes.

"She's right on both counts kid"

• Advertisement

'Clarissa.... but...what has happened?'

He moves forward to observe the fleshy cocoon.

'What do you mean the only way you could save him?'

Jacqueline speaks.

"He was hit by a particularly nasty mix of Lasombra and Tzimsce abilities when the Sabbat attacked. I removed the head and heart before it consumed him, but..."

Cock Robin continues

"...but my Vitae is sort of frozen...I can't use it to regrow my limbs"

Lysander hears the splashing of footsteps behind him.

"Sire" Nostro says as he runs forward and kneels. "Truly you have returned"

Lysander smiles.

'Nostro. I heard you have done well and have been loyal. This pleases me greatly. You can fill me in on everything later. But now...'

He looks at Jacqueline.

'How did this happen to Clarissa? I might be able to reverse it... with your permission.'

"She fled with the remaining contingent from San Diego. We prepared here for almost a year. Getting ready for the attack. We didn't stand a chance when they finally came. They arrived with Gratiano de Veronese leading them"

Every Lasombra knows that name. The man who killed and supposedly consumed Lasombra himself. Though perhaps with Lysanders warning things had worked out differently.

OOC: Gratiano de Veronese from the books
    08xDmm.jpg

Gratiano from the card game
    ajPbWN.jpg

"She fled with the remaining contingent from San Diego. We prepared here for almost a year. Getting ready for the attack. We didn't stand a chance when they finally came. They arrived with Gratiano de Veronese leading them"

Every Lasombra knows that name. The man who killed and supposedly consumed Lasombra himself. Though perhaps with Lysanders warning things had worked out differently.

'And yet.... here you are. Is this what is left of our forces? Where are they? It is me they want, you know this yourself.

And it's high time they get what is coming to them.'

'And yet.... here you are. Is this what is left of our forces? Where are they? It is me they want, you know this yourself.

And it's high time they get what is coming to them.'
    "Well this is sort of the the High Council as it were. Some survivors from San Diego and LA are in the other chamber. There's thirty six of us in total.

What are you thinking?"

"Well this is sort of the the High Council as it were. Some survivors from San Diego and LA are in the other chamber. There's thirty six of us in total.

What are you thinking?"

'They want me, right?'

Lysander flares his power across the room, not enough to harm anyone but to show his true strength.

'Then let's give them what they want. Me - and...'

He gestures to the cocoon.

'Clarissa.

Jacqueline... you know as well as I do that no treaties, no negotiations will stop these savages.

The only thing that will send them back into the shadows like the rats they are..

Is Dominance. This Giovanni... if I crush him - the rest will run or bend the knee. Up to you what you do with them then, I care not for those who would harm my people and clan.'

Both Tremere flinch at Lysander's strength. Jacqueline only smiles.

"Well he's taken the U.S. Bank Tower (OOC: LA's second tallest building) as his head office, you planning on what exactly? Heading in the front door and directly confronting one of the Sabbat's original founders? The guy is 900 years old. The childe of a Primogen that he consumed"

Both Tremere flinch at Lysander's strength. Jacqueline only smiles.

"Well he's taken the U.S. Bank Tower (OOC: LA's second tallest building) as his head office, you planning on what exactly? Heading in the front door and directly confronting one of the Sabbat's original founders? The guy is 900 years old. The childe of a Primogen that he consumed"

Lysander smirks.

'Oh did he really? That's what he tells everyone, correct. But the truth...'

He looks at the other woman.

'Well, let's just say the history books might be very wrong on that one.'

He paces.

'As for a plan, well... the Lasombra are intricate at deception and the shadows. A direct assault would surprise them. They may be cunning... but their strength is the shadows.

I should know, after all.'

Lysander smirks.

'Oh did he really? That's what he tells everyone, correct. But the truth...'

He looks at the other woman.

'Well, let's just say the history books might be very wrong on that one.'

He paces.

'As for a plan, well... the Lasombra are intricate at deception and the shadows. A direct assault would surprise them. They may be cunning... but their strength is the shadows.

I should know, after all.'
    "Okay...if that's your plan I'll go with what you want. I think you're nearing my strength and what I've been trying hasn't worked.

Dracula has returned, as has Beckett. They were also convinced you'd show up. They're in the other chamber.

Who do you want to take with you?"

• Advertisement

"Okay...if that's your plan I'll go with what you want. I think you're nearing my strength and what I've been trying hasn't worked.

Dracula has returned, as has Beckett. They were also convinced you'd show up. They're in the other chamber.

Who do you want to take with you?"

'Dracula would be helpful. Beckett too, but only if they want to. This could very well end up with me being ripped to pieces by the very shadows I call my own, if they wish to join me... it needs to be of their own free will.'

He looks at the cocoon.

'What I need the most is Clarissa however.'

He approaches the cocoon.

'May I try?'

'Dracula would be helpful. Beckett too, but only if they want to. This could very well end up with me being ripped to pieces by the very shadows I call my own, if they wish to join me... it needs to be of their own free will.'

He looks at the cocoon.

'What I need the most is Clarissa however.'

He approaches the cocoon.

'May I try?'
    "Of course..."

Jacqueline steps back and gestures to the other two to do the same.

"It'll work Jacky" Cock Robin says weakly.

Lysander makes his way to the cocoon and lays his hand on the outside.

'Clarissa.... it is I, Lysander. Come back to me... I need you. It is time.'

He opens his arm with his teeth and lets some of his Vitae flow onto the cocoon.

"LY!"

The psychic force of the voice is felt throughout the chamber. The Tremere beside Strauss has his arms burst and the Vitae within them pulled into the cocoon.

The cocoon cracks open and a much changed Clarissa steps out. The ferocity Lysander feels is intense. Images of throats being torn open, hearts blood being consumed and more all flood his mind.

Ks8R5O.jpg

Lysander looks around the room before his gaze rests on Jacqueline briefly. He nods at her before turning to Clarissa.

'Clarissa my dear, you know it is me. We are needed, to destroy those who tried to hurt us. They wanted to kill me, Clarissa - so I had to go away. But I am back now, and I came straight to you.'

He pauses.

'Now it is our turn to make them suffer.'

The beast that sits before him looks into his eyes. Lysander feels a tug on his hearts blood. It might be ripped out....

...but then there is calm. The scales and armour fold in, flesh twists, legs fuse and before him once more is the Clarissa that he knew.

She runs forward and hugs him. Tears in her eyes.

"Ly...Ly...I thought you were gone"

The beast that sits before him looks into his eyes. Lysander feels a tug on his hearts blood. It might be ripped out....

...but then there is calm. The scales and armour fold in, flesh twists, legs fuse and before him once more is the Clarissa that he knew.

She runs forward and hugs him. Tears in her eyes.

"Ly...Ly...I thought you were gone"

'Only for a time. I am back now. Do not worry my child.... you will need your full strength for tonight. People will try to kill me where we are going.

How does that make you feel?'

'Only for a time. I am back now. Do not worry my child.... you will need your full strength for tonight. People will try to kill me where we are going.

How does that make you feel?'
    "I fell..." there is a long pause as she holds back tears "...I got to go with you. I won't let anybody take you from me. But I'm not near full strength. I've got to feed..." she whispers "...raw Vitae Lysander. I need to feed on our kind"

Lysander looks around the room, at Jacqueline in particular.

'How much do you need?'

• Advertisement

Lysander looks around the room, at Jacqueline in particular.

'How much do you need?'
    "A lot...like Primogen level. Though five or six regulars might do..." she pulls a nervous expression "...emphasis on might"

Advertisement