Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Three - City in Motion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    "You did know. Ernesto is pretty good at flushing them out. Unfortunately yes it is a problem. Young vampires from Mexico and Phoenix often head here to make their way in the world. The Prince of Pheonix is a terrifying guy, Prinz, a Jamaican by birth. He can make people dance to death and he has some ability that has prevented the Sabbat from crushing the city. They attack Pheonix every decade, but he holds them off. It's a pretty big Sabbat force, without him we'd be flooded. Good for him as otherwise we'd kill him...too weird"

'The Sabbat... this close. I expect they're hopping mad about LA still... probably more so now I have begun to establish a clan.

Between Bruce and I we will see to the Malkavians. I will talk with you when it is done.'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necro wrote: »
    'The Sabbat... this close. I expect they're hopping mad about LA still... probably more so now I have begun to establish a clan.

Between Bruce and I we will see to the Malkavians. I will talk with you when it is done.'
    "Thank you Lysander...Bruce" she nods and heads out.

"Heh you really can't tell anybody's power by sight, she just looks like a regular woman" Bruce says with a half smile.

Cock Robin approaches.

"Sorry youngster this is private" he says to Nostro.

Nostro looks to Lysander for confirmation.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

"Thank you Lysander...Bruce" she nods and heads out.

"Heh you really can't tell anybody's power by sight, she just looks like a regular woman" Bruce says with a half smile.

Cock Robin approaches.

"Sorry youngster this is private" he says to Nostro.

Nostro looks to Lysander for confirmation.

Lysander nods.

'Rob's word carries as much weight as mine in many matters. Go and entertain your guests and leave us to discuss his matter. Once I am done we will go and meet with Imelda, and that pretty agent of hers.'

Lysander winks.

Nostro heads off.

"Well Lysander, been a bit since we spoke..." Rob begins "...I've some bad news for you. I found this in one of Helena's lairs..."

He hands Lysander a copy of an old manuscript.

"I don't know the language, but look at the underlined word"

Halfway down the page the words Lysandros are underlined.

"Pretty spooky. Furthermore the manuscript was formerly kept in the Byzantine And Christian Museum in Athens...I traced the museum owner, a Ms. Aretha Elias. It's under Camarilla archives as a suspected pseudonym of a real bad apple. She trades in rare powers, obtaining samples of hearts blood to be sold at high cost"

Fourier wrote:
    Halfway down the page the words Lysandros are underlined.

Lysander looks at the manuscript and portrays a concerned look.

'I hate manuscripts and prophecies. What have I gotten myself into eh?'

He looks up and laughs.
    Fourier wrote:
    "Pretty spooky. Furthermore the manuscript was formerly kept in the Byzantine And Christian Museum in Athens...I traced the museum owner, a Ms. Aretha Elias. It's under Camarilla archives as a suspected pseudonym of a real bad apple. She trades in rare powers, obtaining samples of hearts blood to be sold at high cost"

'Hearts blood..... but....why would that be in the Camarilla archives?'

• Advertisement

"She's been operating for a while, high threat, but higher-ups don't want people to know heartsblood traders can operate without us being able to shut them down"

Fourier wrote:
    "She's been operating for a while, high threat, but higher-ups don't want people to know heartsblood traders can operate without us being able to shut them down"

'And now I suppose it's up to me to in fact shut them down now, yes?'

Lysander smirks.

"No for once my friend. She's too far away, can't spare the cash to send you to Europe!" he laughs.

"No, just letting you know. Could be that somebody payed Elias for your heartsblood. That's frightening stuff. Maybe Helena was meant to collect it"

Fourier wrote:
    "No, just letting you know. Could be that somebody payed Elias for your heartsblood. That's frightening stuff. Maybe Helena was meant to collect it"

Lysander ponders for a moment.

'Maybe. I'd love to know the reference in the text. Perhaps I'll learn the language someday, ha!'

"Maybe. That's all I wanted to say, just be careful kid, you might a valuable commodity to somebody out there. If they can use somebody as old as Helena to get you it means they've serious cash and she's unlikely to be the last. Enjoy the event" he raises his glass.

He smiles and heads off into the crowd to mingle. Lysander notices that occasionally he sees flickers of Robin's true face with the "beak" and all. He's getting strong enough to effortlessly pierce the disguise.

• Advertisement

Lysander ponders this for a moment before going backstage to meet Nostro and... his potential new ward.

On the way he considers the situation. Perhaps a discussion with Nostro and the use of his human contacts to follow the paper trail of cash payments. Identify the one funding this investment... and cut them off at source.

But that was for another night. Tonight he had other plans.

Lysander heads backstage, passing the ring on the way. Big crowd sitting in front all well dressed. Surface thoughts enter his mind. Marital status, who's having affairs, who lives where. Mortal concerns mostly though.

One there he sees Imelda and the agent him and Nostro spoke to before. The agent extends her hand.

"Mr. Umbra, pleasure to meet you once more. This is Imelda.

Imelda puts out her hand.

"Hey Vato, nice arena you got here. It's going to be some fight I promise you"

Her grip is very strong for a human, the blood is of top quality. Lysander can smell its potency. Possibly too much for Nostro to handle up close.

Lysander flashes a smile and meets Imelda's gaze, slightly pushing his Dominate through it.

'Indeed, it is a great venue and even better to have someone with your talents competing here tonight.

After the fight we will speak again, there are reservations made for dinner.

This will be the start of a beautiful arrangement I feel.'

The Dominate is repelled by Imelda's unusually strong mind.

"Laying it on thick no chamaco? I'm the best wrestler in the state, I pity whoever you've gotten, but it'll help their career.

I look forward to the dinner, I hope it is something...surprising"

She smirks and speaks to Nostro.

"Your boy here is good at kissing ass"

Nostro just laughs a bit as Imelda leaves.

"What next Sire?"

Lysander turns to Nostro and motions back to the arena.

'We take our seats... and watch.'

He makes his way out front to enjoy the show.

Lysander turns to Nostro and motions back to the arena.

'We take our seats... and watch.'

He makes his way out front to enjoy the show.
    A decent group of wealthy individuals sit around the stage, as well as several members of the press. An old heiress makes some sort of fumbling attempt to flirt with Lysander before the lights suddenly go dim.

A young up and coming wrestler air punches her way out toward the ring. Her theme song, a sort of rapped up love ballad, blares over the speakers in the hall.

Shortly after Imelda makes her way out. No theme and Lysnader can see she is clearly the larger woman.

Standard early fight politeness and then they begin.

Some minor exchanges here and there, but Imelda clearly is gaining the upper hand.

Then Lysander and the old woman next to him see everything in the room freeze completely still.

Lysander looks at the woman, trying to gauge her reaction.

'Haha... this is odd, don't you think?'

Lysander looks at the woman, trying to gauge her reaction.

'Haha... this is odd, don't you think?'
    "Not really. Apologies for the host body, this is Facilitator-41CLA. I've come to speak to you"

"Not really. Apologies for the host body, this is Facilitator-41CLA. I've come to speak to you"

Lysander sits up straight in his chair and looks at the Facilitator.

'Oh? Is this related to our previous... discussion?'

"In a way. Everything you've been doing, putting in motion. It relates to something big coming. You've been summoned. It is a great honour. A personal audience with God

I am here to pick you up. Are you ready?"

• Advertisement

"In a way. Everything you've been doing, putting in motion. It relates to something big coming. You've been summoned. It is a great honour. A personal audience with God

I am here to pick you up. Are you ready?"

Lysander pauses.

'God.... um... I don't suppose refusing is really an option!'

Lysander pauses.

'God.... um... I don't suppose refusing is really an option!'
    "Actually it is. Us lower angels are preprogrammed and lack most human freewill. However it is one of his God's major principles. The archangelic council recommended that you were once human and thus should be given the choice"

"Actually it is. Us lower angels are preprogrammed and lack most human freewill. However it is one of his God's major principles. The archangelic council recommended that you were once human and thus should be given the choice"

'Interesting. Well - against my better judgement... who am I to refuse a meeting with the big cheese.

Hey, maybe he's a vampire, wouldn't that be something? I jest, of course.

Let's go then, I accept.'

Lysander suddenly finds himself on a flight of stars in the middle of what looks like space.

The stairs go up for miles and go down beyond his vision.

About half a mile up from him he can make out a blue coloured being sitting.

iDpwXq.jpg

Lysander takes a deep (un-needed) breath and begins his ascent up the stairs.

"Hey Lysander!" the blue coloured being calls out to him as he passes by the platform he sits on.

"Long time no see!"

Lysander gets a odd feeling from him. He hears a crowd cheer in his mind when he looks at the blue being.

"Hey Lysander!" the blue coloured being calls out to him as he passes by the platform he sits on.

"Long time no see!"

Lysander gets a odd feeling from him. He hears a crowd cheer in his mind when he looks at the blue being.

'Long time, indeed... I feel I should know you. But my memory... it lets me down on this occasion.'

'Long time, indeed... I feel I should know you. But my memory... it lets me down on this occasion.'
    The blue being runs up and hugs him.

"Oh of course. Heh, I thought you might know me now that you're all supernatural"

He then grows more serious and switches to Romanian.

"It's been a while indeed. Even when you were young you had potential, you were part of the plan. I was assigned to guide you to the correct path. Got a childhood friend to move away when you were four, you won't remember. Stuff like that. Just to make sure your life went the right way.

Your guardian angel. You were to be a great Romanian politician and enact a bill that would help us down the line as part of a plan that won't reach fruition till 2084"

He lets out a sigh.

"Vampires got to you first though. Now you're outside the plan.

Look for old times sake...you need to go about three more flights up. Five miles as you experience it. You'll get a bit of a dressing down from A-45. I wouldn't piss him off he's an archangel.

As for what awaits you. I've never met...IT...myself"

He extends his hand.

"Good luck Lysander"

The blue being runs up and hugs him.

"Oh of course. Heh, I thought you might know me now that you're all supernatural"

He then grows more serious and switches to Romanian.

"It's been a while indeed. Even when you were young you had potential, you were part of the plan. I was assigned to guide you to the correct path. Got a childhood friend to move away when you were four, you won't remember. Stuff like that. Just to make sure your life went the right way.

You're guardian angel. You were to be a great Romanian politician and enact a bill that would help us down the line as part of a plan that won't reach fruition till 2084"

He lets out a sigh.

"Vampires got to you first though. Now you're outside the plan.

Look for old times sake...you need to go about three more flights up. Five miles as you experience it. You'll get a bit of a dressing down from A-45. I wouldn't piss him off he's an archangel.

As for what awaits you. I've never met...IT...myself"

He extends his hand.

"Good luck Lysander"

Lysander accepts the beings hand.

'Thank you for trying. I think human politics would have suited me. Also they are much less messy. Well, relatively speaking.

Thank you for your advice on archangels. I suspect they would not be used to vampires meeting with... whatever I'm meeting with.

Goodbye for now, at least.'

Lysander continues upwards.

• Advertisement

When Lysander gets about five miles up the staircase and reaches a platform the thousands of miles of staircases ahead of him vanish as do those below. Only the platform remains.

"Hello" Lysander hears behind him as a perfect sphere descends in the distance.

"You are about to enter the central presence. Be courteous and remember all details. Do not touch anything within the dwelling unless you are asked"

The sphere approaches Lysander where upon he sees it's the height of a skyscraper and fires a beam at the platform, creating a wooden door.

Advertisement