Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Three - City in Motion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander approaches Dracula and looks at the book he is reading.

'Good read?'

He sits down beside him.

'How have you been... Count Mike?'

He smiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necro wrote: »
    Lysander approaches Dracula and looks at the book he is reading.

'Good read?'

He sits down beside him.

'How have you been... Count Mike?'

He smiles.
    He smiles while still reading.

"Not bad actually" he shows Lysander the cover.

'Dracula the Dark Billionaire Prince'

"Part of my self imposed punishment for speaking to Stoker, I make myself read fiction based on my character. Stoker's is still the best, though the Mel Brooks film is pretty funny.

Erotica though? Yawn and I told Stoker we don't feel arousal. Wish I had emphasised it"

He closes the book and sits up straight.

"I knew you'd be back. Well more so my master did. I'm willing to go with you where ever you need me. Count Mike at your service"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    He smiles while still reading.

"Not bad actually" he shows Lysander the cover.

'Dracula the Dark Billionaire Prince'

"Part of my self imposed punishment for speaking to Stoker, I make myself read fiction based on my character. Stoker's is still the best, though the Mel Brooks film is pretty funny.

Erotica though? Yawn and I told Stoker we don't feel arousal. Wish I had emphasised it"

He closes the book and sits up straight.

"I knew you'd be back. Well more so my master did. I'm willing to go with you where ever you need me. Count Mike at your service"

'Well... Mike... it seems we're walking into the mouth of hell. Kind of like that one time in the mansion - only this time there's actually going to people that want me dead in the worst ways imaginable.

That you're willing to help me means a lot, my friend. I'll give you the nod when we're about to leave... though I reckon you'll probably know anyways, ha.

Also, you think that's bad? You should try the fanfic sites.'

He looks up to see if Beckett has finished his conversation yet.

Also, you think that's bad? You should try the fanfic sites.'

He looks up to see if Beckett has finished his conversation yet.
    "Fanfic! I'll follow you into a Sabbat stronghold, but some things are too much even for me my friend"

Beckett finish his conversation and seems to start writing in his notebook.

"Fanfic! I'll follow you into a Sabbat stronghold, but some things are too much even for me my friend"

Beckett finish his conversation and seems to start writing in his notebook.

'Sabbat stronghold will do... for now. Once we live through this maybe I'll print out some of the best ones and send them to you... I jest of course.

Now... if you'll excuse me I need to speak with Mr. Beckett.'

Lysander places his hand on Dracula's shoulder.

'Truly, thank you though. I will see you soon.'

He makes his way over to Beckett next.

• Advertisement

Beckett looks up as Lysander approaches.

"Mr. Karpov. Wonderful you live. I must share something with you. It is of singular importance"

He glances around.

"Let's go for a walk?"

Beckett looks up as Lysander approaches.

"Mr. Karpov. Wonderful you live. I must share something with you. It is of singular importance"

He glances around.

"Let's go for a walk?"

'I think that would be a good idea. It is good to see you too. Shame you won't be joining us on our death march...'

He smirks.

'Or so they think anyways.'

'I think that would be a good idea. It is good to see you too. Shame you won't be joining us on our death march...'

He smirks.

'Or so they think anyways.'
    Beckett leads Lysander out and they simply stroll through the sewers.

"I won't I'm afraid. Lions den and all that. No, but I feel you must know something.

Lysander you're mutating faster than most Lasombra. That girl is a new clan founder, in time equal to the antedeluvians who founded the current clans. There was that dragon spotted in the city before I first met you. There's a prophecy that refers to you I am sure of it.

I ignored prophecy before, last time I was in this city. I was wrong. So I won't repeat the same mistake"

He takes out a piece of paper with the prophecy written on it.
    Prophecy wrote:
    In the City of the Queen of Angels, by the great ocean, a serpent will fall. The one who walks to the beat of the distant drum shall fell it. She who comes to lift up the young and cast down the old. The liberator.

Then the owl shall come and demand payment from the man of shadow. For he will hold the new lord in his sway and yet need of another to bind her. He will be betrayer and redeemer.

And then the owl, the shadow, the liberator and the girl will dance

"The figures I'm least certain about are the owl and the liberator obviously. However I have learned this. In ancient Rome a large number of vampires of the most powerful sect at the time were slaughtered by beings described as owls made of shadow. I have read much about these beings. The Strix. They are not a friendly bunch, though their motives are hard to understand.

But the liberator. Lifting up the young and casting down the old. That is the philosophy of a sect of African vampires I have spoken to before."

Lysander looks around for anyone else in earshot, then sighs.

'You are correct. I have met the owl... and together we bound Clarissa to me. It was the only way... or so I was told.

The rest is unclear, but the owl did state they would return to claim their payment. What that is... I do not know.

How it all ties in together... I'm also trying to make the pieces fit myself. I'm the man of shadow in that prophecy.'

Lysander looks around for anyone else in earshot, then sighs.

'You are correct. I have met the owl... and together we bound Clarissa to me. It was the only way... or so I was told.

The rest is unclear, but the owl did state they would return to claim their payment. What that is... I do not know.

How it all ties in together... I'm also trying to make the pieces fit myself. I'm the man of shadow in that prophecy.'
    "Yes and to help you..."

He hands Lysander a heart still beating.

"From the dragon. It can cancel certain powers. In most vampiric prophecies with a dragon the hero consumes the heart of the dragon at a pivotal moment. This prophecy doesn't say anything about it and maybe you won't need it..."

He pauses and looks at Lysander.

"...maybe you're not a hero in any sense, but well I didn't help the last figure of prophecy I ran into and have regretted it since. Also the only other person involved is Clarissa and I don't want to make her stronger.

Good luck. I'm off on one of my global fact finding missions. We won't meet again within the next two decades I'd say"

He turns into a glowing blue spectral wolf and darts off down the sewers.

• Advertisement

Lysander looks down at the heart and resists the urge to wolf it down immediately. The power.....

He wraps it up and pockets it, the beating a comfort against his body.

The he returns to the main chamber to Jacqueline.

'Ok. I am ready. My prince, I am not sure taking a large party would be in any way beneficial. Dracula, Clarissa and myself will suffice for the headquarters.

However... a significant distraction to distract a portion of their forces would be... beneficial. Do you think this could be arranged without a huge cost to our own numbers? I ask you as this is your city.'

Lysander looks down at the heart and resists the urge to wolf it down immediately. The power.....

He wraps it up and pockets it, the beating a comfort against his body.

The he returns to the main chamber to Jacqueline.

'Ok. I am ready. My prince, I am not sure taking a large party would be in any way beneficial. Dracula, Clarissa and myself will suffice for the headquarters.

However... a significant distraction to distract a portion of their forces would be... beneficial. Do you think this could be arranged without a huge cost to our own numbers? I ask you as this is your city.'
    "Sure, we'll make a scene at the Central Library and the Maguire gardens across the road. Draw some of them away.

You're crazy bastard you know that?"

"Sure, we'll make a scene at the Central Library and the Maguire gardens across the road. Draw some of them away.

You're crazy bastard you know that?"

'Positively insane.'

He smiles.

'Whenever you are ready, let me know. I suspect Giovanni has already felt my presence here, it was why I kept my show as brief as possible.

That is of course... if he was telling the truth about his power.'

"Let's get some rest and start first thing tomorrow night.

It's going to be one hell of a story if we survive"

"Let's get some rest and start first thing tomorrow night.

It's going to be one hell of a story if we survive"

'Very well. I don't suppose you have a food supply hanging around? It's been... oh about two years since I've eaten... apparently.'

'Very well. I don't suppose you have a food supply hanging around? It's been... oh about two years since I've eaten... apparently.'
    "Two runners will be bringing back packs from the LAC Medical Center. Should fill you up. Provided that appetite hasn't gotten too big these past few years"

"Two runners will be bringing back packs from the LAC Medical Center. Should fill you up. Provided that appetite hasn't gotten too big these past few years"

'That will suffice just fine my prince. Until tomorrow night then.'

Lysander wakes. He had simply slept on one of the ledges in the sewer chamber. No need to fear the sun here.

Jacqueline stands over him with a set of plans and blueprints.

"You'll want to take a look at these before you go"

Lysander wakes. He had simply slept on one of the ledges in the sewer chamber. No need to fear the sun here.

Jacqueline stands over him with a set of plans and blueprints.

"You'll want to take a look at these before you go"

Lysander takes the plans with a nod.

'Very important, indeed. Anything change about our situation tonight yet?'

Lysander takes the plans with a nod.

'Very important, indeed. Anything change about our situation tonight yet?'
    "Not too much no. Gratiano isn't in the World Bank tonight, but in his own private complex in Beverly Hills. He had it built while you were missing. Six floors, the plans give what we know of the layout"

Lysander can see there are six floors as Jacqueline stated and that Gratiano's office is at the top. The ground floors are known to be staffed by vampires at least a century old with paramilitary equipment and a Tremere blood sorcerer has been spotted on the second floor. The plans reveal little else.

"Lysander, I ignored this last night, but where were you these last two years? I resorted to some old contacts who've never failed me in finding a vamp or at least confirming they were still around. They couldn't find you. Obviously you weathered this thing out somewhere"

• Advertisement

"Not too much no. Gratiano isn't in the World Bank tonight, but in his own private complex in Beverly Hills. He had it built while you were missing. Six floors, the plans give what we know of the layout"

Lysander can see there are six floors as Jacqueline stated and that Gratiano's office is at the top. The ground floors are known to be staffed by vampires at least a century old with paramilitary equipment and a Tremere blood sorcerer has been spotted on the second floor. The plans reveal little else.

"Lysander, I ignored this last night, but where were you these last two years? I resorted to some old contacts who've never failed me in finding a vamp or at least confirming they were still around. They couldn't find you. Obviously you weathered this thing out somewhere"

'Truth... I'm not sure. I was called to a meeting with - and you may not believe this - God, the big cheese himself. I don't remember anything about it though.

When I reawoke - the hotel was a rundown mess. No idea of the time or date.'

'Truth... I'm not sure. I was called to a meeting with - and you may not believe this - God, the big cheese himself. I don't remember anything about it though.

When I reawoke - the hotel was a rundown mess. No idea of the time or date.'
    "God? Are you serious...."

She pauses. Studies Lysander carefully. He feels her Vitae do something, but he's not sure what.

"...you're not lying. It can't be the real thing though. Something calling itself God, did you get that impression? Seems pretty powerful though to move you forward like that"

"God? Are you serious...."

She pauses. Studies Lysander carefully. He feels her Vitae do something, but he's not sure what.

"...you're not lying. It can't be the real thing though. Something calling itself God, did you get that impression? Seems pretty powerful though to move you forward like that"

'I... don't know. They did seem insanely powerful, that's about all I can remember.'

'I... don't know. They did seem insanely powerful, that's about all I can remember.'
    "Wow, well..."

She stares forward with a blank look on her face.

"...that'll take some time to get used to. I didn't know there were things like that out there. The wolves yeah, ghosts I've seen a few times. I've only heard of the fairies, never seen one. But God or something like it..."

She laughs.

"...well something for another time. How do you want to do this. Just heading straight to the tower with your crack team?"

"Wow, well..."

She stares forward with a blank look on her face.

"...that'll take some time to get used to. I didn't know there were things like that out there. The wolves yeah, ghosts I've seen a few times. I've only heard of the fairies, never seen one. But God or something like it..."

She laughs.

"...well something for another time. How do you want to do this. Just heading straight to the tower with your crack team?"

'The best approach against a Lasombra is to meet them head on - we are skilled in the art of stealth, and the shadows themselves welcome us.'

He shrugs.

'Probably a bad idea to p1ss you off now you know that though, eh?'

'The best approach against a Lasombra is to meet them head on - we are skilled in the art of stealth, and the shadows themselves welcome us.'

He shrugs.

'Probably a bad idea to p1ss you off now you know that though, eh?'
    "If I had to take you out, it would have been a head on assault even without this insight. I'm not good at anything else" she smiles.

"Anyway I've spared no expense. Made a deal with the wolves, they've a way of getting you straight to his front door"

"The wolves said they can meet us out in Topanga park. We'll have to sneak through Santa Monica to meet them, but I think we can do it"

Fourier wrote:
    "The wolves said they can meet us out in Topanga park. We'll have to sneak through Santa Monica to meet them, but I think we can do it"

Lysander stands.

'Are the others ready then? Let's do this. I'm feeling rather upbeat if I'm honest.'

"Good to be optimistic. We'll see how good you feel after this is over

Clarissa is waiting in the tunnel ahead, as is Dracula. Maximillian Strauss is going too. He feels he owes for getting those pictures back when you first arrived

Anybody else you're bringing?"

• Advertisement

"Good to be optimistic. We'll see how good you feel after this is over

Clarissa is waiting in the tunnel ahead, as is Dracula. Maximillian Strauss is going too. He feels he owes for getting those pictures back when you first arrived

Anybody else you're bringing?"

'Oh, there's one guy knocking about that owes me a favour. Kinda looks like me too in the right light.'

Lysander looks at his phone and dials the number he has for Larry Carson, hoping it is still in service.

Advertisement