Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Asylum Centre Torched

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

jmreire wrote: »
    Juts for some information, when it comes to Marriage, Muslims do NOT marry non-muslims. If Paddy wants to marry Fatima, then he will have to convert to Islam.

I know several Muslim people married to non Muslims, it even came up in conversation with a Muslim girl I was seeing for a good while a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Kivaro wrote: »
    Some of this "unofficial" economic migrant open border policy by the Irish Government is partially driven by the official open border policy espoused by Ireland's third largest political party.

During Sinn Fein's ard fheis in 1998, motions were passed supporting open borders for all migrants, including economic migrants.
    Article 26:
    Sinn Fein will work for the achievement of the optimal position of no restriction on immigration to Ireland.

Article 27:
    Sinn Fein deplores all attempts to limit the numbers of political and economic refugees into the country.

Both of these motions were passed unanimously by Sinn Fein and their open-door-migration-for-all motions have never been reversed or superseded by Sinn Fein at subsequent ard fheis's.
    Sinn Fein, the anti-worker party, wants the workers/contributors of this little island to pay for as many economic migrants who decide that the social welfare system in Ireland is too much of a good thing to pass up.

They would loose a hell of a lot of support if their voters ever found this policy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭MFPM

Juts for some information, when it comes to Marriage, Muslims do NOT marry non-muslims. If Paddy wants to marry Fatima, then he will have to convert to Islam.

My lapsed catholic/agnostic sister is married to a Muslim...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭MFPM

They would loose a hell of a lot of support if their voters ever found this policy out.

How have you arrived at that conclusion? Renua publically advocate xenophobia, they're on less than 1% and utterly irrelevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

If that's the case (and if the policy has not been changed over the last 20yrs, which political parties do regularly) then why are all the other parties not using it as a stick to beat SF with day and night for the last two decades?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I think they are catching on.
    Sinn Fein lost 6% in the last poll.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭obby1

simple thing is most dont want these refugees, so i propose a USC type tax, those who are in favour of refugees can volunteer to pay this tax, what ever amount is raised is all that can be used to pay for refugees.
    let the do gooders put their money where their mouth is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭enricoh

MFPM wrote: »
    Good, some progress - there is no mass migration to Ireland.

Not even in the top ten in Europe for asylum applications and refugees.

I am on about percentage of immigrants in ireland but u knew that. Good lad

Could you point me in the direction of this 'amnesty'? While you're looking for it you'll come across the government ruling it out!!!

Called leave to remain, aka an amnesty, after a couple of years of appeals. What happens when given leave to remain and they leave direct provision. Housed by paddy n full welfare entitlements.

Again, can you point me in that direction too, good lad?

Again, I know it's boring but can you you provide some evidence on this just so we can make sure you're not just a xenophobic bullsh!tter?

Again evidence and then maybe you could make a stab at wondering why this might be the case - also what happened to the free houses and welfare? :D

Almost one-third of newly homeless families are non-nationals
    www.irishtimes.com.
    Just under a third (321) of the families were non-Irish – compared with 12 per cent in the general population.

You are aware that 'migrants' and 'foreigners' do pay tax to? You also know that whole sawthes of 'paddy' workers pay no tax whatsoever?

U dont say, earthshattering stuff, its just that they are 3 times more likely to be after the aul free gaff.

May the tax cuts given to the vulture funds could be instead used to house people - I note you made no reference to them in your little rant.

No i made no reference to vulture funds, oliver Cromwell or the crusades in my eh, rant!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,298 ✭✭✭jmreire

Billy86 wrote: »
    I know several Muslim people married to non Muslims, it even came up in conversation with a Muslim girl I was seeing for a good while a few years back.

If the Muslim Man /Woman wants to marry a non-Muslim officially and in a Mosque then He / She must convert to Islam.. and believe me, this is non-negotiable ( what ever the situation that you describe is ) Now I know people who married Muslims too...went to the Mosque and had a "Proper" Muslim marriage, and all that went with it on the day. And that was the last time the "New" Muslim ever darkened the door of the Mosque. Sure, these relationships exist. I also know of a couple who were in a "Relationship" for a few years, and decided to get married and start a Family. So as prospective Wife was Muslim, and refused point blank to convert to Christianity ( or any thing else )so prospective Husband ( not being religious in any shape or form, indeed, anti-religious would best describe him ) agreed to become temporary Muslim, just for the day in order to get married. He more than made it clear, that he was NOT in any shape or form converting to Islam, and prospective Wife fully agreed to this. so the days, weeks,months and years went by, and they had two very beautiful Daughters , who now would be in their twenties. In all of this time, he was a dutifull husband and looked after his Family very well..they got the best of everything, never wanted for anything, Daughters went to University etc. All was going really well for them as a Family, last time I visited them, all was good.
    Then out of the blue...wife demands that Husband must now obey all the laws of Islam or ELSE !!! And so after nearly 30 years of married life, they are now split up. He is now on the look out for partner Nr.2, who for sure will not be Muslim. As an aside to this story...despite what he himself believes, if he were living in an Islamic Country, he would be considered a bona fide Muslim, and subject to Islam ( Sharia ) Law. In an extreme sense, he could be considered as having " left Islam" and presently on the news there is a case of a young Saudi woman who has been granted asylum in Canada after renouncing Islam, and fears that if she is returned to Saudi, she will be killed. So if any of you out there are thinking of tying the knot with a Muslim friend...maybe you should think again?? Just sayin......;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Billy86 wrote: »
    If that's the case (and if the policy has not been changed over the last 20yrs, which political parties do regularly) then why are all the other parties not using it as a stick to beat SF with day and night for the last two decades?
    Come on now ......
    Just like on here, when anyone wants to have a rational discussion on non-EU economic migration, words like xenophobia, racist, and nazi are trotted out like confetti.

Likewise, in the political arena, the topic is tightly controlled by the liberal-elite Irish media, and most especially by RTE. The Groupthink allows for one narrative, and one narrative only. Any dissenting view of economic migration is treated with hysteria.
    But the good news for those of us who want a balanced approach to economic migration, is that there will be a swing away from a minority-enforced ideology in government ................ soon.

• Advertisement

But the good news for those of us who want a balanced approach to economic migration, is that there will be a swing away from a minority-enforced ideology in government ................ soon.
    the backlash is building, you can see it in USA/EU

• Registered Users Posts: 8,298 ✭✭✭jmreire

MFPM wrote: »
    My lapsed catholic/agnostic sister is married to a Muslim...
    Did they get married in a Mosque? If so, see previous post I have made. In this day and age, people of all shapes and sizes, religious-wise, or none. ( as they say) form relationships. I know lots of people in Muslim-non Muslim
    , Catholic -Protestant, Gay etc.relationships..You get the picture. Here in the west, that's fine, no problem. Now see if you can do that in say Saudi, Afghanistan, Pakistan etc ? and Islam is the treason that you cannot do it in these Countries.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 welltodo

Some of this "unofficial" economic migrant open border policy by the Irish Government is partially driven by the official open border policy espoused by Ireland's third largest political party.

During Sinn Fein's ard fheis in 1998, motions were passed supporting open borders for all migrants, including economic migrants.
    Article 26:
    Sinn Fein will work for the achievement of the optimal position of no restriction on immigration to Ireland.

Article 27:
    Sinn Fein deplores all attempts to limit the numbers of political and economic refugees into the country.

Both of these motions were passed unanimously by Sinn Fein and their open-door-migration-for-all motions have never been reversed or superseded by Sinn Fein at subsequent ard fheis's.
    Sinn Fein, the anti-worker party, wants the workers/contributors of this little island to pay for as many economic migrants who decide that the social welfare system in Ireland is too much of a good thing to pass up.

I BEG TO DIFFER PAL
    SINN FEIN GRASSROOT MEMBERS ARE STILL VERY MUCH NATIONALISTIC

if you want to blather about coveney and sutherland work away

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Sonic Youth

So no answers to the question 'what benefits does mass migration bring to the host nation?'

you are a idiot if you dont learn from others mistakes, sure it was all fine and dandy in Sweden when refugees first started to come in small numbers, not so dandy now, Sweden has jumped to number 3 in the world for rape, the astounding thing is its mostly women pushing for more refugees to be taken in, be careful what you this for ladies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Sonic Youth

obby1 wrote: »
    you are a idiot if you dont learn from others mistakes, sure it was all fine and dandy in Sweden when refugees first started to come in small numbers, not so dandy now, Sweden has jumped to number 3 in the world for rape, the astounding thing is its mostly women pushing for more refugees to be taken in, be careful what you this for ladies.

Majority of rapists in Sweden are non EU migrants. The vast majority of stranger and gang rapes in Sweden are committed by migrants.

But, as you say, most women seem to just blindly support immigration. I don't understand it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

When will the asylum centers open up in Blackrock, Foxrock or Howth. Why are they opening these centers in unemployment blackspots ?

Sweden has jumped to number 3 in the world for rape,.

I would really like to see the figures behind this & how it has been worked out.

statesaver wrote: »
    When will the asylum centers open up in Blackrock, Foxrock or Howth. Why are they opening these centers in unemployment blackspots ?

There was a big one in killiney years ago, don't know why you presume they are none.

bubblypop wrote: »
    I would really like to see the figures behind this & how it has been worked out.

dont have it on hand right now, but from memory
    1,s africa
    2, botswana
    3 sweden
    then a who's who of hell holes fill out the rest of the top10

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

There was a big one in killiney years ago, don't know why you presume they are none.

Was one .....

statesaver wrote: »
    Was one .....

Yes, the owners sold the building. There was one in my home town too ( leitrim btw) but it closed up too.
    Not because there were any problems, just there are not enough to fill it anymore.
    There were a lot more asylum seekers in the early 2000s then there is now.

dont have it on hand right now, but from memory
    1,s africa
    2, botswana
    3 sweden
    then a who's who of hell holes fill out the rest of the top10

OK, sure bang it up when you get it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭piplip87

We have a small section of far right slipping into political discourse. The main causes are in my opinion.

1) The government allowing migrants and refugees take the blame for their failures to provide a housing solution for thousands of people. I'm not talking about social housing specifically.

2) The media and government shouting down anybody who has legimite concerns as racist therefore pushing those people towards people who Will listen.

3) Scroungers who spent the last book blaming foreigners for their lack of work.Even though they did not attempt to gain employment or train towards employment. The same people who during recession blamed the foreigner for their dole cuts. Now have the chance to blame again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

OK, sure bang it up when you get it then.

I Google global rape statistics and Sweden is the in top 5 of all of them sometimes 3rd sometimes 4th. If you have evidence it isn't, sure bang it up when you get it then.

Sweden has the highest incidence of reported rapes in Europe and one of the highest in the world. One amongst every four women comes out to be the victim of rape in Sweden. By 2010, The Swedish police recorded the highest number of offences – about 63 per 100,000 inhabitants. The country has third-highest rape crime in the world. In 2009 there were 15,700 reported sexual offenses in Sweden, a rise of 8% compared to 2008, of which 5,940 were rape and sexual harassment (including exhibitionism) accounted for 7,590 reports. In April 2009, it was reported that sex crimes had increased by 58% over the previous ten years. According to a 2009 European Union study, Sweden has one of the highest rates of reported rape in Europe.

this is old, it has gotten worse, the report i read was for 2017

So no answers to the question 'what benefits does mass migration bring to the host nation?'

it means when our children leave school they will find it easy to find a job and accomodation

lol and then ahmed and mohammat will stone fatima to death

When government ministers house asylum seekers in their own posh areas they might have some basis to criticize people who aren't happy with these direct provision centres being set up in their area without any consultation with the local community.

not in a million years pal
    simon coveney learned every trick in the book from peter sutherland

it's other peoples daughters he will gamble with

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

There was actually one in Howth too, in the former Sutton Castle Hotel before it was redeveloped into apartments around 2003/4.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement