Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gremlinertia's Grotto

Options

Comments

Work Work Work. Thank Gods today is a quiet one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Same here. Well, so far..

Same here. Well, so far..

Hope it stays that way for you Paws. I've an hour of daydreaming now and then heading home at 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

It wasn't too bad. Still 3 days to go. We shall see

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tis stormier tonight than last night. Sod it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Chilly but calm down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Breezy here with a dash of rain, nothing new weather wise really.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Luckily dodged a big shower earlier but the gusts are pretty violent. I am king lear hear me roar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Pretty windy over here today, was lashing rain this morning, but it’s been mostly dry all day

Come Dine With Me is such great comfort telly. That's the plan sorted for tomorrow..

• Advertisement

Is that the one where people compete to put on the best dinner party or am I getting it mixed up?

That's the one. It's brainless and often extremely funny/ghastly

Ah yeah, I’ve seen a few episodes of that myself, quite enjoyed it. How’s things with you tonight? :)

All ok, quiet have a bit of a sinus/cold thing going on hence i was thinking of things to watch tomorrow and during week..

You? Nearly home time?.

I’m not bad, have a bit of a cough which is irritating. Found out on Snapchat that some of my flat mates went for drinks and didn’t even ask me. Probably wouldn’t have gone, but y’know, it’s nice to be asked :rolleyes:

Coming home for Christmas on Wednesday week and spending a week at home, then coming back here for another week or so, then home for good. Can’t believe the time has gone so fast

Bit of back and forth yikes.

It is, but it’ll be easier because I can bring half my stuff home at Christmas and half home after. Plus I have a few weeks left on my lease here that’s already paid for, so I might as well get my money’s worth

Ah yeah it'll be craic most likely.. How's your time been?.

It’s been brilliant, I really don’t want it to end

Nice one. Always good to hear of a good experience

• Advertisement

Definitely good to know that I can survive on my own!

Oh yes, hah i hadn't thought of that :o

Be back now to having the Mammy take care of me :o

But as you said, you know you can do it now, well done, i'm pretty sure it was a steep learning curve for me..

I’ll be interested to see how I cope with going back to it, losing a bit of my independence basically. I know when I’m at home there’s nothing stopping me from doing things for myself, but not being totally out on my own anymore.

Yeah it's weird. Like for me (and my sis) there were no two ways about it, we were gone after leaving cert.. That was it..

I would’ve loved to have moved out to go to college, but I just didn’t have the money. I guess it’s good that I don’t mind still living at home, but at the same time I am looking forward to moving out

I moved out at 17 but was still very much tied to the apron strings. At 22 I was in my first "proper" job and because of those apron strings I hadn't a clue. Its so important to have a sense of independence and stand on your own two feet. Its not easy out there.

Things have changed so much, remaining at home for us was just not an option whether we were going to college or work.. Remaining home was pretty much unheard of in our neck of the woods.

• Advertisement

They sure have Grem. I think if the circumstances allow for it then you should be living out of home as soon as possible. Its a fantastic opportunity to grow as a person.

Advertisement