Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gremlinertia's Grotto

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Do you take 24 hours for rest/recovery after work a line of shifts?. I'm mostly watching shows with her indoors, trying but failing to get my reading mojo back..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Do you take 24 hours for rest/recovery after work a line of shifts?. I'm mostly watching shows with her indoors, trying but failing to get my reading mojo back..

I usually get home and sleep straight away. Wake up in the afternoon about 2 and stay up until 10 or 11. Be up again for 8 the following day. Finding it harder to sleep now with the sunny days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'll probably do similar monday as i have a few days off together, the blinds in the bedroom keep a lot of light out so i'm lucky there.

I'll probably do similar monday as i have a few days off together, the blinds in the bedroom keep a lot of light out so i'm lucky there.

I need to invest in a black out blind. The curtains are heavy enough but the light still gets in.

Absolutely essential this time of year, it's brightening up now.

• Advertisement

Absolutely essential this time of year, it's brightening up now.

Thankfully it was a bit overcast today so I had a great sleep. Ill have to wait until the restrictions are lifted/eased to get a blackout blind fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Coming off nights when it's absolutely beautiful out, is a pain in the hoop. Can sympathize with both of you.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Coming off nights when it's absolutely beautiful out, is a pain in the hoop. Can sympathize with both of you.

There's nothing quite as annoying!

Weather due to break a bit when i'm off haha ffs :rolleyes:

Weather due to break a bit when i'm off haha ffs :rolleyes:

Its just our luck.

• Advertisement

Its just our luck.

Might keep a few people from wandering outside their 2k into mine ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Happy Sunny Day. Some beaches open, others locked in SoCal. I'm working from home, mostly, thanks to the web.

Hey Swannie, it's all a bit suppressed chaos around.. People tense but haven't revolted or anything, there's just this atmosphere..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Heat wave in SoCal, so beaches, swimming, and surfing popular.

Hope you are doing ok..

Half my job is research, and fortunately it's already funded this year. The other half is teaching, and it is uncertain how we will reopen in the fall. I am revising all my scheduled classes so that they may be offered either completely or partially online.

It's very hard to work at anything without any sort of timeline..

Indeed Grem. The US now leads the world in mortality, so scheduling across-the-pond is unreliable. Plus, China appears to have a 2nd outbreak in a different city.

Oh wow! A friend just had a baked chicken delivered to my door. Fun chat Grem. Time to feast. Bye.

And no one really wants to take the 'wait and see' approach, there's no patience for it.. Do you get out to your java house at all?

• Advertisement

All my javahouses have been closed for a month or more. Swannie is in withdrawal!

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Happy Friday, Nocts! :D

got ya covered, Swannie ;)

giphy.gif

If you can read this, you're too close!

Delirium wrote: »

got ya covered, Swannie ;)

Grand save Del! Happy Taco Tuesday (but you may have to make them at home).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Black Swan wrote: »
    Grand save Del! Happy Taco Tuesday (but you may have to make them at home).

Which I did

Which I did

What's your taco recipe?.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Morning lads

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

What's your taco recipe?.

Low sodium seasoning, ground beef, sour cream, chopped tomatoes, black bean and corn salsa, cheddar cheese. Rolled in a low sodium tortilla.

Happy Fries Day in Eire.

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

happy Fries day, Swannie:D

Happy Friday, Nocts! :D

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement

It's almost Saturn Day in SoCal, and Swannie is planning on doing absolutely nothing! Hurrah! Social distance playtime, ha!

Advertisement