Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gremlinertia's Grotto

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

And we're back to the whiskey chatter, break out the tumbler glasses and ice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ye are making me thirsty, i shall have to wait though.. The office isn't a relaxing atmosphere for whiskey supping

I'd imagine the office is more whiskey bottle hurling at head place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

*pours a large one*

Here's to your health!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Cheers *raises tea*

• Advertisement

It's something I've seen mentioned before, but never really gave much thought to.

But what's the right amount of ice to add with whiskey? Or does it depend on the person?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's something I've seen mentioned before, but never really gave much thought to.

But what's the right amount of ice to add with whiskey? Or does it depend on the person?

Personal preference all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Lithium93_ wrote: »

I believe it depends on your taste. I think people can be a little uptight with what they believe to be right and not what they like.

In general though Irish whiskeys don't stand up well to ice, but scotch and bourbon can stand up to it pretty well .

Tbh in general with ice you are lowering what you actually taste in a whiskey , which can be great when drinking a cheap whiskey and coke, but not what you want in a pot still.

The better the spirit the less you should mess with it really, there are is a lot of differing opinion, too much noise out there really..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Evening all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Aloha Paws.

I haven't touched a drop in months.

How's everyone?

Oh heyo folks, how are you both?.

Despairing at people who are queueing for hours to get into Penneys.

Tipping away watching Netflix here.

I feel bad for the staff and security, it's going to be very tough. All this for 1.50 knickers

I feel bad for the staff and security, it's going to be very tough. All this for 1.50 knickers

Don't people know you can turn them inside out & then back to front.

Not that I have had to initiate this process.

I just hope people can keep level heads, it's not a sale and i know it's been missed, just a little more patience

Btw Ted, commando is a viable option, just don't wear loose shorts :P

I just hope people can keep level heads, it's not a sale and i know it's been missed, just a little more patience

Btw Ted, commando is a viable option, just don't wear loose shorts :P

I was wondering why everyone was looking at me.

Currently watching Jack Whitehall on Netflix and eating ice cream

Hope everyone is ok?

In work, it's humid so i'm achey and tired but grand really.. Any news Paws?. How is the new practice you are working at going?

• Advertisement

In work, it's humid so i'm achey and tired but grand really.. Any news Paws?. How is the new practice you are working at going?

Sorry to hear you're not feeling so good. Work going ok Grem? No real news, just plodding along. Work is going ok. Long old days though. I'm on my week off now. Basically doing 1 week on 1 week off. Start on a Thursday and finish the following Wednesday. Sundays off, and aside from Saturday (8-1) the rest are 12 hour shifts.

Oh i'm ok just achey when moving anything, tis grand i've been worse. Fair play for keeping up with those shifts, not easy..

Oh i'm ok just achey when moving anything, tis grand i've been worse. Fair play for keeping up with those shifts, not easy..

Ah good. How's your shift going tonight?

Yeah, it's tough going but the week of helps and the Sunday off in the middle is grand tbh

Night going ok, bloody slow though but what harm..

Ah that's a shame. I'm sure you're keeping yourself occupied though.

Watching anything good at the moment?

I feel like it should be later :pac: Kinda just watching old stuff on channel four on demand recently, you?

I've been rewatching Scrubs for the past couple of weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :)

I've been rewatching Scrubs for the past couple of weeks :D

I've done that a few times.

I have Brooklyn 99 lined up to binge on later.
    Autosport wrote: »
    Afternoon all :)

Ola Auto, how are you. All celebrated out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

There’s still cake to devour ;)

“Slides plate across”

Advertisement