Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Deadpixel2024!

Anyone passed everything? Did my medical there on the 28th Match and haven't heard a word since, or what way does that work do they email you or should I ring HR and ask

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Anyone passed everything? Did my medical there on the 28th Match and haven't heard a word since, or what way does that work do they email you or should I ring HR and ask

If you've passed everything, had your meetings etc. you won't hear anything until you're called for an intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Deadpixel2024!

Witcher wrote: »
    If you've passed everything, had your meetings etc. you won't hear anything until you're called for an intake.
    Grand thanks, hopefully won't be waiting too long, hoping my sister living in Canada the past 5 years won't hold me up too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Harley2016

I rang to find out had my vetting started they said it had so I'll give in while because I lived in oz and UK so take a while for all that I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Harley2016

Just got email asking to get pre fitness form signed did anyone else get that? For those who have already done this was it long after sending in your form ye had the fitness test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Sabrinam002

Harley2016 wrote: »
    Just got email asking to get pre fitness form signed did anyone else get that? For those who have already done this was it long after sending in your form ye had the fitness test?

My form had to be back before the 20th March and got an email on the 27th to say I had the fitness test on the 12th of April

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Maybe ask what was your oom is ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

Hi all,
    Another question on the background checks.
    Are the references left to the last moment with the background checks possibly already have been completed? Around a month ago I was asked to confirm an address I had put down for a family member, i asked how the checks were going and they just said its ongoing.
    Since then I have completed my fitness and am just awaiting my medical. None of my references have been contacted so was wondering is this possibly the last stage after the medical? Or am I just being to hopefully :-) I had my station meetings nearly 2 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Keelster97

Jecz wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Another question on the background checks.
    Are the references left to the last moment with the background checks possibly already have been completed? Around a month ago I was asked to confirm an address I had put down for a family member, i asked how the checks were going and they just said its ongoing.
    Since then I have completed my fitness and am just awaiting my medical. None of my references have been contacted so was wondering is this possibly the last stage after the medical? Or am I just being to hopefully :-) I had my station meetings nearly 2 months ago

For me my references were contacted after I had my meeting with the sergeant and about a week or so before I had my pct and two weeks before I met the local super. As far as I know they should be contacted by the sergeant who then refers you onto the superintendent or inspector if they're happy with everything.

Keelster97 wrote: »
    For me my references were contacted after I had my meeting with the sergeant and about a week or so before I had my pct and two weeks before I met the local super. As far as I know they should be contacted by the sergeant who then refers you onto the superintendent or inspector if they're happy with everything.

It seems completely random, I have met the Sergeant and the Super. Hopefully they haven't forgotten about me :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Conji21

Did my interview in late Feb and havent heard anything more since , although i got emailed 1 week ago and they requested extra info regarding my form b , still waiting on fitness and medical , any chance i could be in july intake ? I know no1 can answer this accurately but even just go off your experience , thanks im just getting worried

Conji21 wrote: »
    Did my interview in late Feb and havent heard anything more since , although i got emailed 1 week ago and they requested extra info regarding my form b , still waiting on fitness and medical , any chance i could be in july intake ? I know no1 can answer this accurately but even just go off your experience , thanks im just getting worried

I passed my interview in November then heard nothing until March where I met my local Sergeant and Super, shortly after I received my medical form to be completed by my GP. I passed my Fitness test this Month and am now waiting for a medical. I was asked in early March to confirm some details on my form B, I asked how much of the checks had been completed and they just said its ongoing. There doesn't seem to be a set time frame, some people on my fitness test day hadn't met anybody from there local station.

I passed my interview in November then heard nothing until March where I met my local Sergeant and Super, shortly after I received my medical form to be completed by my GP. I passed my Fitness test this Month and am now waiting for a medical. I was asked in early March to confirm some details on my form B, I asked how much of the checks had been completed and they just said its ongoing. There doesn't seem to be a set time frame, some people on my fitness test day hadn't met anybody from there local station.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 lyonsie01

Who do you contact to see if the BGC has started? Passed my interview in January but havnt heard a thing since?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fullroast925

Hi I passed my interview in January, I have been given a date in may for my Irish test. They didnt give much detail on the test. Does anyone have any information on the test? or has anyone done it before?. Im just assuming that it would be similar to the leaving cert ordinary test. But even with that, you would have an idea of the topics that will come up.

Has anybody who passed the fitness test on the 12th April been contacted for there medical yet? People in the past have said they heard about a week after passing, I haven't heard anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

Has anybody who passed the fitness test on the 12th April been contacted for there medical yet? People in the past have said they heard about a week after passing, I haven't heard anything yet.
    From early March but I got an email a week or 2 before the physical saying if I pass I'll have the medical the week or 2 weeks after (I was given 4 potential dates). I then got the invitation for the medical the day after I passed the physical.

Tbh I'd probably ring them, especially if you got the first email about the medical. No harm asking.

I was up there that day too and I'm still waiting, hopefully won't be much longer!

I was up there that day too and I'm still waiting, hopefully won't be much longer!

Just received my invitation :-)

Just received my invitation :-)

Same 16th May 😂

• Advertisement

Same 16th May 😂

See you there

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jwals2130

9th may medical 🀙ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jwals2130

9th may medical 🀙ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Amy_123

Anyone else have pct on the 10th may?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bubbles1984

Has anyone had their PCT for the 3rd May cancelled? I received an email today saying they'd have to reschedule as Garda College not available on that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Theclarerose

Yeah what a disaster! Hope we are not waiting ages for another date!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Yea me too hopefully they slot us in the week after that date

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Theclarerose

Yea me too hopefully they slot us in the week after that date

We might be waiting till june at this rate because may dates seem to have been given out! Disaster ! As if the wait wasnt long enough 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Ye i know ah sure look it they might squeeze us in before then fingers crossed

• Advertisement

We might be waiting till june at this rate because may dates seem to have been given out! Disaster ! As if the wait wasnt long enough 😂

Yeah its embarrassing how long it takes them to filter applicants , hopefully commissioner harris sorts it out

Advertisement