Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Midterm Elections

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭breatheme

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah imagine the state of the union addresses for two years with a democratic speaker of the house ?

...Oh wow, I just realised, that would mean Nancy Pelosi would be Speaker of the House again, can't believe I didn't think about that.

I literally can't imagine it. Wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

First votes in in the Florida senate race, all from Pasco County.

Scott (R) currently leads Nelson (D) 55% to 45% with over 100k votes in there.

Trump won that county 142k to 90k in 2016 - that's 58.93% to 37.38%.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Looking good for Republicans so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The change in each district v 2016 GE gives the clue of the trend.

The Guardian thinks it's E. In the last 40 minutes, four actresses or singers have been in their feed.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Florida coming in very quickly. 30% in and 4-5 point leads for Nelson and Gillum.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Townton

Looking good for Republicans so far.

Not really Florida and KY6 leaning Dems at the moment by a decent amount of points. Albeit Barr (R) was leading in KY6 up until a few mins ago so a big chunk of the urban vote must have come in but last I checked McGrath up by 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Townton wrote: »
    Not really Florida and KY6 leaning Dems at the moment by a decent amount of points. Albeit Barr (R) was leading in KY6 up until a few mins ago so a big chunk of the urban vote must have come in but last I checked McGrath up by 8

Dems ahead in 6 GOP held districts. GOP ahead in 1 Dem held district.

Early lead for Democrats in VA-10 and VA-7. Only 1 percent in 10th though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,420 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/livestream-nbc-news-coverage-of-the-2018-midterm-elections-1360527939841?v=railb&

NBC news official feed. If you're not a fan of MSNBC and Brian Williams and Rachel Maddox then you can watch Stephanie Ruhl. Oh Stephanie...

• Advertisement

Florida Senate and Governor races are looking good for the Democrats with about a third of the vote in. Both Nelson and Gillum running around 3 to 4 points ahead.

Indiana looking more dicey however. Donnelly trailing 57% to 38% with 14% of the vote in.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Dems ahead in 6 GOP held districts. GOP ahead in 1 Dem held district.

Now 11 Dems ahead in GOP districts. GOP just 1 on the other side.

VA-10 looks like it's going to Democrats. Big lead with half the vote in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    Indiana looking more dicey however. Donnelly trailing 57% to 38% with 14% of the vote in.

Looks very tight, but still got plenty of areas that will lean towards him to come in.

I'll have to go to bed by 1am otherwise I'll be no good to anyone tomorrow. Btw if you have the NBC news app not only is there a link to the NBC news coverage, there is also an audio feed of MSNBC that you can get by clicking the icon in the top right corner. So you can fall asleep to Brian Williams and Rachel Maddow if that's your thing.

After a slow start the Blue Wave is beginning to gather pace.

McGrath D six points ahead of Barr R in the much talked about Kentucky 6 House race.

Looks like a whole host of early seat gains could come in for the Democrats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    https://www.nbcnews.com/video/livestream-nbc-news-coverage-of-the-2018-midterm-elections-1360527939841?v=railb&

NBC news official feed. If you're not a fan of MSNBC and Brian Williams and Rachel Maddox then you can watch Stephanie Ruhl. Oh Stephanie...

Tonight you need Steve Kornacki.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Dems turning 15 ATM

Pelvis wrote: »
    Tonight you need Steve Kornacki.

He's a sound lad alright but jaysus you couldn't live off a diet of him long term. Chuck Todd and savanna Guthrie and Stephanie ruhl ftw.

• Advertisement

Sherrod Brown wins in Ohio.

Wouldn't be suprised to see him as a VP pick in 2020 if Kamala Harris is the Democratic Presidential candidate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Does Cruz have Texas so?

Florida races have tightened right up. Dems ahead by less than 1% now with 82% counted. Squeaky bum time.

Florida races have tightened right up. Dems ahead by less than 1% now with 82% counted. Squeaky bum time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Does Cruz have Texas so?

Beto O'Rourke currently at 58% with 13% of votes in. Still very early, but that's great going for O'Rourke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Watching MSNBC link posted above, find it nearly as bad as Fox except on the other side. Some good hosts but the likes of Maddow are up there with Hannity. You always have to take their comments with a grain of salt, obviously she is smart and not sinister as Sean but cannot help herself.

• Advertisement

Anytime I plan to go to sleep, Florida decides to throw sh*t square at the fan.

hill16bhoy wrote: »

They're tied now.

13% of the Texas vote in...Beto O'Rourke leads 58.5% to 40.9%!

Good signs, but still far too early to call.

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Some good hosts but the likes of Maddow are up there with Hannity.

Ludicrous statement.

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Does Cruz have Texas so?

You have to be a special kind of awful to support Cruz, not one endearing characteristic but it is Texas so he is still favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭breatheme

How can I go to bed now?!?!

Maybe... I'll wait till they call Florida.

Still loads of votes to be counted in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Daid. Not quite done yet

Both Republicans in front in Florida now. Still a lot of votes to be counted in Broward and Dade counties. Hopefully that can make the difference for both Gillum and Nelson.

Ludicrous statement.

How so? I have had to stop watching her but watched her regularly for years. Obviously Hannity is one of the worst people in the World, she is good person but the way they present their shows is very similar. Partisan without compromise.

breatheme wrote: »
    How can I go to bed now?!?!

Maybe... I'll wait till they call Florida.

Early doors wait time CA

If I was from Florida, and was asked to run in an election. I genuinely think I'd look at past elections and think 'nah, you're grand thanks'.

Manchin doing better than I thought after his support for Kavanaugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Ludicrous statement.

How so? I have had to stop watching her but watched her regularly for years. Obviously Hannity is one of the worst people in the World, she is good person but the way they present their shows is very similar. Partisan without compromise.

Hannity has spent years s**t-stirring and giving life to outlandish conspiracy theories. He freely admits he is an entertainer. He is one step down from Alex Jones.

While I ain't a fan of Maddow she at least has journalistic integrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Florida is being Florida, knife edge.

Beto O'Rourke 51% v Ted Cruz 48% with a third of votes counted. Oh hell, I know it's highly unlikely, but I'd love that to be the final count!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Townton

Manchin doing better than I thought after his support for Kavanaugh.

Its probably why he is doing better than expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Beto O'Rourke 51% v Ted Cruz 48% with a third of votes counted. Oh hell, I know it's highly unlikely, but I'd love that to be the final count!
    That'd be beautiful. Cruz is such a gutless f***.

Townton wrote: »
    Its probably why he is doing better than expected.

But surely democratic voters would be put off by that and republican voters would be voting republican anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Manchin a conservative Trump admirer in a state where Trump got his biggest winning margin at last election was always going to do well.

GOP gonna win both Florida Governor and Senate races it looks like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

RobertKK wrote: »
    Florida is being Florida, knife edge.
    They're still voting there. Apparently queues are very long.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

But surely democratic voters would be put off by that and republican voters would be voting republican anyway?

West Virginia is Trump country, Manchin had to side with Trump's nominee to keep the votes he needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Dem 40/49 Rep-House
    Dem 32/42 Rep-Senate

KevIRL wrote: »
    GOP gonna win both Florida Governor and Senate races it looks like.

Still loads of votes to be counted in 3 south east counties, which largely favour Democrats.

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Hannity has spent years s**t-stirring and giving life to outlandish conspiracy theories. He freely admits he is an entertainer. He is one step down from Alex Jones.

While I ain't a fan of Maddow she at least has journalistic integrity.

Ok I will concede that, maybe it was hyperbole on my behalf, still she cannot stand her style.

Advertisement