Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

i would agree with this insofar as the online commentary is gone out of control, look at the thread title, it's provocative and as the OP has failed to comment i would assume it's also dodgy

If this thread isn't to your liking, other threads are available..Mate..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 SallyAnne1997

Is this a new tactic to try and have the thread closed as pervious attempts failed? Did you not PM the Mod with your concerns?

if the word Traveller, in such an inflammatory thread, is removed from the OP, i will disappear and you will never see me again
    you have my word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Sorry if you're confused I'm just not engaging with your pathetic attempts at provocation in future. I don't require your consent or acceptance to continue to post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,913 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

so you are saying in a peter casey thread the word Traveller should be in the OP

Sorry, I am not sure why you replied to my post about AIW in SF :confused:

if the word Traveller, in such an inflammatory thread, is removed from the OP, i will disappear and you will never see me again

You may not get to decide if you remain or stay.

• Advertisement

i would agree with this insofar as the online commentary is gone out of control, look at the thread title, it's provocative and as the OP has failed to comment i would assume it's also dodgy

Peter Casey has mentioned the elephant in the room and people are responding. Have we become so scared of causing offense that we stay quiet? The issue of traveller ethnicity is a puzzling one. They, as a group, seem to want their cake and eat it.

Yes, there are baduns in the settled community, but the percentage of travellers involved in criminal activity is pretty high. That and the fact that the Law tread very carefully where travellers are concerned, due to the claims of discrimination, leads to the levels of distrust we see.

Peter Casey has mentioned the elephant in the room and people are responding. Have we become so scared of causing offense that we stay quiet? The issue of traveller ethnicity is a puzzling one. They, as a group, seem to want their cake and eat it.

All the rights and none of the responsibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,913 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

you have my word

Did you PM the OP/thread mod about your concerns.

We are just carrying on having a debate and a banter.

You cannot demand that we do anything, because we can't actually!

ok i am going away
    but just as a sign of reconciliation take the worh Traveler out of the OP
    god bless

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Apparently this was a 'special election' a 'watershed' 'a protest vote', 'a mini revolution' of sorts 'a massive message sent' - 10% of the electorate turned out to take part in that at the end of the day going forward. :rolleyes:

Or in real actual numbers, from <2% to more than 23% in less than a week. That's staggering. Would you not agree? Honestly now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67,285 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Omackeral wrote: »
    Or in real actual numbers, from <2% to more than 23% in less than a week. That's staggering. Would you not agree? Honestly now.

Already said, not really considering the method employed. His method, stolen from recent and more distant world political history is very simple.

Yes, there are baduns in the settled community, but the percentage of travellers involved in criminal activity is pretty high. That and the fact that the Law tread very carefully where travellers are concerned, due to the claims of discrimination, leads to the levels of distrust we see.

There shouldn't be a problem discussing and actioning rural crime. Attacking one community is not the way to do it. Casey couldn't give a damn about rural crime. He hardly mentioned it in his entire campaign.

For someone with 9 posts you seem to know an awful lot about the OP.

You should be kinder to someone new. It's only the start of the road for them here.

Thread title is nothing to do with the OP, it's a continuation of an old thread so you can stop blaming that poster. Also, since it's part 2 of the thread, it's logically going to have the same or a similar title.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Francie still going I see, no rest for that man. Just wondering Francie do Sinn Fein pay you the average industrial wage?
    Which average industrial wage would that be I wonder...

Already said, not really considering the method employed. His method, stolen from recent and more distant world political history is very simple.

His message obviously spoke to a multitude of people in such a short time. If you can't admit to that or don't want to, then that's just willful ignorance in my opinion. It's hard to have an honest discussion with someone like that.

You should be kinder to someone new. It's only the start of the road for them here.
    WHATS YOUR POINT
    I HAVE REEN READING THIS BOARD FOR 3 WEEKS,
    I ONLY WENT THRU THE HASSLE OF SIGNING UP BECAUSE I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE VOCABULARY IN THE OP
    RESPECT IS A 2 WAY STREET

His message obviously spoke to a multitude of people in such a short time. If you can't admit to that or don't want to, then that's just willful ignorance in my opinion. It's hard to have an honest discussion with someone like that.

I have been debating the quality of his message since, honestly. Of course 2-23% was a big jump, but it didn't happen on the back of what he was offering coming into the race. Until he threw his grenade - 1% were going to back him.

He didn't reveal his feelings towards travellers to his nominators, as Caseyites admit, he saved them for a critical juncture were he himself introduced them into a discussion on homelessness.

WHATS YOUR POINT I HAVE REEN READING THIS BOARD FOR 3 WEEKS, I ONLY WENT THRU THE HASSLE OF SIGNING UP BECAUSE I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE VOCULARY IN THE OP RESPECT IS A 2 WAY STREET

It's very difficult to read all caps. Take off the cap lock, it's also considered polite not to type in Capitals. Again have you taking your concerns to the Mod? Attempting to have the thread closed will just end in a sanction against you. Terrible to lose a shiny new account so soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Kolpe

WHATS YOUR POINT
    I ONLY WENT THRU THE HASSLE OF SIGNING UP BECAUSE I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE VOCABULARY IN THE OP

Steady the ship Sally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

so you are saying in a peter casey thread the word Traveller should be in the OP

Okay, I know you're new, but that doesn't mean that your post/requst makes any more sense.

The OP (which is actually in a different thread now ) was
    Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority
    https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/...-37428508.html

Pretty bold statement...not a bad strategy though, unlikely many travellers vote, if any. The vast majority of voters despise them but can’t say as much.

“His comments were last night described by Pavee Point as “ill-informed and grossly insulting and offensive”.

And David Joyce, a member of the Travelling community and the Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission, told the Irish Independent: “He should withdraw from the campaign. He’s shown he’s not fit to represent all the people of Ireland.
    “This man is a racist. He is scapegoating my community.”

What does scapegoating my community mean in relation to his opinion that they should not be recognised as an ethnic minority? In fact what does “scapegoating my community” even mean?

This was by Sightband who is - wait for it - sitebanned
    crickets
    so he won't be responding to you any time soon.

Anyway whether the thread title is a good reflection of this OP, well it is. It perfectly described the matter being discussed, namely Casey's criticism of Traveler ethnicity.

You seem to have a problem with the word Traveler. This is either because you don't believe that Travelers exist at all, or because you believe that the word Traveler is pejorative. Either case is more of a psychiatric question than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭greenpilot

WHATS YOUR POINT

You're new here. Welcome to boards. You'll figure it out soon.

There shouldn't be a problem discussing and actioning rural crime. Attacking one community is not the way to do it. Casey couldn't give a damn about rural crime. He hardly mentioned it in his entire campaign.

There shouldn’t be, but unfortunately there is. There’s a saying that there’s no smoke without fire. Usually the Gardai have a fair idea of the culprits but are up against it in getting the proof necessary for prosecution.

It's very difficult to read all caps. Take off the cap lock, it's also considered polite not to type in Capitals. Again have you taking your concerns to the Mod? Attempting to have the thread closed will just end in a sanction against you. Terrible to lose a shiny new account so soon.
    I PM'D the mod who opened the thread
    no reply
    i swear to god

I PM'D the mod who opened the thread no reply i swear to god

Well the Mod is the only one who can deal with your issue. As an aside the Mods are volunteers and have real lives so you may have to wait some time for your concerns to be dealt with. Meanwhile enjoy the discussion.

i'm telling you if you don't take the word out of the op you will regret it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Who are you? Tubridy?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

I PM'D the mod who opened the thread
    no reply
    i swear to god

How did you phrase it?

I am deeply offended by the the thread discussing Casey's criticism of traveler ethnicity that is described as discussing Casey's criticism of traveler ethnicity. Deleting the word traveller such that the tread title reads

Peter Casey's beliefs of s' ethnicity Part II

Would be appropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and for the rest of your life. :D

Is that the game we are playing?

• Advertisement

good luck with your thread
    me and my group are going to send in a complaint,
    take care god bless

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement