Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

(This isn’t aimed at you. I’m truly perplexed about what defines their culture)

All I can think of is marrying your cousin, leaving school at a young age engaging in a multitude of socially abhorrent behaviour. After that I'm stumped.
    Their ancestors did have a distinct culture, language/ dress/ and folklore. Although the same could be said of most isolated groups from years ago. The people of the Claddagh in Galway had a distinct culture aswell.

This thread is an abomination the Moderator who that title should explain him or her self,

You should PM the Mod, best to deal with your issues off thread I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

THE THREAD TITLE HERE IS VERY DISINGENIOUS
    why should it focus on only one aspect of Peter Casey's comments
    Why not just change the title to "Peter Casey" and maybe explore his other ideas, such as the diaspora and whatever,

and i would imagine it's hurtful to Travellers who could be reading the thread

Somehow I doubt they will burst into tears over a thread on a internet forum.

Although sometimes the truth is a bitter pill to swallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,923 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

A bunch of Irish people who like to be classed as different from other Irish people because of special things they do / behaviour. Special Ethnic Minority Status .

I heard a Traveller lady spokesperson on PK this morning. I thought the piece should have had a person with contrary views on Travellers, but there we are.

This lady is not happy with SEMS (thanks for improving my vocabulary there!), no she wants it written into law and said something about hate crime. PK did try to question her, but like the Traveller lady on the LLS, she just would not shut up and actually said nothing of note.

She didn't impress me anyway (but few can in fairness ha ha). Victimhood and shouting seems to be their only argument here.

They need to help themselves and rise above the vitriol. MAKING people do it won't happen until they sort themselves out rather than blaming everyone else.

Oh and since I have you here, (and anyone else who knows), what the actual FK is "Traveller Specific Accommodation"? Room for the caravans, horses, sulky traps, the ability shove your rubbish over a wall, what is it? They want equal treatment and no discrimination, but have painted themselves into their own bubble of non integration it seems to me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 SallyAnne1997

You should PM the Mod, best to deal with your issues off thread I think.

will do thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

The actual fact is 10% of the electorate voted for Casey. It is quite clear that 9% of that vote got behind Casey after he made his remarks.

We are told, that this was a highly motivated, protest vote.
    The rest of the electorate were not bothered to respond to that 'motivation' so that tells us that the issue was not of huge concern to them, so there is no certainty they would have voted for Casey. None at all.

I don't think polls or statistical likelihood modelling work in this case.

I think your full of it!

Oh and since I have you here, (and anyone else who knows), what the actual FK is "Traveller Specific Accommodation"? Room for the caravans, horses, sulky traps, the ability shove your rubbish over a wall, what is it? They want equal treatment and no discrimination, but have painted themselves into their own bubble of non integration it seems to me anyway.

Cultural appropriate accommodation I believe is what they desire. Caravan bay, grazing land stables and washroom/ cleaning facilities is my understanding. Personally if they want over and above what's made available to wider society they should foot the cost after basic provision has been made.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,129 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I heard a Traveller lady spokesperson on PK this morning. I thought the piece should have had a person with contrary views on Travellers, but there we are.

Apparently that is now called a 'set-up' or 'ambush' and you aren't allowed to be that rude anymore. :D

Apparently that is now called a 'set-up' or 'ambush' and you aren't allowed to be that rude anymore.

Sounds like the traveller person got to do all the talking, that's not how the media does an ambush. Although Tubs tried to do it on Casey and it backfired spectacularly.

Somehow I doubt they will burst into tears over a thread on a internet forum.

Although sometimes the truth is a bitter pill to swallow.

ok i done my research of the op's other posts, the op has reasons for putting the word Traveller in the thread title, fair enough, free speech

• Advertisement

Cultural appropriate accommodation I believe is what they desire. Caravan bay, grazing land stables and washroom/ cleaning facilities is my understanding. Personally if they want over and above what's made available to wider society they should foot the cost after basic provision has been made.

I think the same. If they respected what they were given in the first place, it would be a start. I know there are some sites that are well kept, but the majority are not.

So it doesn't seem to matter what they get from the taxpayer, it will never be enough.

Sounds like the traveller person got to do all the talking, that's not how the media does an ambush. Although Tubs tried to do it on Casey and it backfired spectacularly.

Did you read the quote I was responding to?
    Pretty ironic in light of the knicker twisting about Tubs having a few contrary views in the audience.

Did you read the quote I was responding to? Pretty ironic in light of the knicker twisting about Tubs having a few contrary views in the audience.

If you can't see the royal f**k up Tubs made of an ambush who am I to argue with you. Contrary views in the audience?, they hadn't a clue what they saying even Tubs had to correct the young University of Limerick traveller student. They should have prepared better.A terrible effort at ambushing Casey, Tubs and the Travellers in the audience came away looking like fools. Tubs " you'll know when I lose control' still find it incredible a host would threaten a guest on his show.

If you can't see the royal f**k up Tubs made of an ambush who am I to argue with you. Contrary views in the audience?, they hadn't a clue what they saying even Tubs had to correct the young University of Limerick traveller student. They should have prepared better.A terrible effort at ambushing Casey, Tubs and the Travellers in the audience came away looking like fools. Tubs " you'll know when I lose control' still find it incredible a host would threaten a guest on his show.

I have already given my critique of that show.
    Tubs did his usual inadequate interview, the Travellers contributed some good stuff but were a bit ranty on places and Casey made a cod of himself a number of times.
    Casey tried to tell Tubridy how to direct the interview to try and take a bit of heat of himself. Tubridy lost his cool. It was great car crash telly imo.

Usual fare for the current LLS.

It's routine to have contrary voices in the audience for topical and controversial guests. Time to get over the 'insult' to your hero who apparently 'shone through it'. :):)

ok i done my research of the op's other posts, the op has reasons for putting the word Traveller in the thread title, fair enough, free speech

For someone with 9 posts you seem to know an awful lot about the OP.

I have already given my critique of that show. Tubs did his usual inadequate interview, the Travellers contributed some good stuff but were a bit ranty on places and Casey made a cod of himself a number of times. Casey tried to tell Tubridy how to direct the interview to try and take a bit of heat of himself. Tubridy lost his cool. It was great car crash telly imo.

He didn't tell Tubridy how to direct the interview, you have nothing to gain by lying when it is so easy to disprove your claim. He asked Tubridy was he loosing control. Try some honesty, it would refreshing from you for a change.

He didn't tell Tubridy how to direct the interview, you have nothing to gain by lying when it is so easy to disprove your claim. He asked Tubridy was he loosing control. Try some honesty, it would refreshing from you for a change.

Yes he did. He wanted Tubridy to stop the traveller girl talking, then he asked was he losing control.

Brilliant stuff to see Casey under pressure and not being able to handle criticism. (A bit like his support tbh)

It's routine to have contrary voices in the audience for topical and controversial guests. Time to get over the 'insult' to your hero who apparently 'shone through it'.

He's not my hero, I along with countless others knew he would not get elected. I wasn't even voting as neither were many members of my family but he struck a chord and received my vote on that basis. A genie was let out of the bottle and it isn't going back in any time soon. Now the only one that has their knickers in a twist is you. What's your post count now on this thread 1200? 1300?.......

Yes he did. He wanted Tubridy to stop the traveller girl talking, then he asked was he losing control.

Still lying I see.

For someone with 9 posts you seem to know an awful lot about the OP.
    i beg your pardon mate
    i'm just steering the conversation in the right direction

• Advertisement

Brilliant stuff to see Casey under pressure and not being able to handle criticism. (A bit like his support tbh)

in fairness to you Francie you have been the bullwark against the out of control sentiment here,
    god bless you

He's not my hero, I along with countless others knew he would not get elected. I wasn't even voting as neither were many members of my family but he struck a chord and received my vote on that basis. A genie was let out of the bottle and it isn't going back in any time soon. Now the only one that has their knickers in a twist is you. What's your post count now on this thread 1200? 1300?.......

And back we go to 'post counts'. :rolleyes:

I watched the Late Late and balanced my view of it. Everyone did a little bit of good and everyone lacked somewhat.

You might want to review how you characterised the show, how you react to any criticism of Casey and when complete juxtapose your findings against your protestations about having no hero. Just a suggestion. ;)

Francie still going I see, no rest for that man. Just wondering Francie do Sinn Fein pay you the average industrial wage?

Whether that prolific and obsessed poster is SF or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is the cover up about the AIW system in SF (although I thought they did away with that because TDs couldn't afford to live or something). Anyway.... sorry for taking thread off topic, but I cannot help myself on this issue.

SF TDs etc. who took AIW didn't save the taxpayer a penny. They were paid the full whack and the balance went into SF funds.

A fact often glossed over IMV.

And back we go to 'post counts'. :rolleyes:

I watched the Late Late and balanced my view of it. Everyone did a little bit of good and everyone lacked somewhat.

You might want to review how you characterised the show, how you react to any criticism of Casey and when complete juxtapose your findings against your protestations about having no hero. Just a suggestion. ;)
    i would agree with this insofar as the online commentary is gone out of control, look at the thread title, it's provocative and as the OP has failed to comment i would assume it's also dodgy

I have already said what I thought of Casey's performance or rather lack of. You like to make claims and attach labels to other posters on a regular basis. I think it time to ignore your bs. You don't know me but yet you assume you can tell me how my hero's are. I'm done responding to your pathetic attempts at provocation. It hasn't worked todate and it certainly won't Inthe future. Enjoy you ever increasing post count. Sad life.

Still lying I see.

You can clearly see Casey get uncomfortable and appeal to Tubridy to stop the girl, then he says 'are you losing control'.

I.E. he tries to direct Tubridy to do what he wants done.

Where is the lie here? What did you see happen?

Whether that prolific and obsessed poster is SF or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is the cover up about the AIW system in SF (although I thought they did away with that because TDs couldn't afford to live or something). Anyway.... sorry for taking thread off topic, but I cannot help myself on this issue.

SF TDs etc. who took AIW didn't save the taxpayer a penny. They were paid the full whack and the balance went into SF funds.

A fact often glossed over IMV.

so you are saying in a peter casey thread the word Traveller should be in the OP

i beg your pardon mate
    i'm just steering the conversation in the right direction

It's not up to you to steer the conversation an any direction.

i would agree with this insofar as the online commentary is gone out of control, look at the thread title, it's provocative and as the OP has failed to comment i would assume it's also dodgy

Is this a new tactic to try and have the thread closed as pervious attempts failed? Did you not PM the Mod with your concerns?

• Advertisement

I have already said what I thought of Casey's performance or rather lack of. You like to make claims and attach labels to other posters on a regular basis. I thinks it time to ignore your bs. You don't me but yet you assume you can tell me how my hero's are. I'm done responding to your pathetic attempts at provocation. It hasn't worked todate and it certainly won't Inthe future. Enjoy you ever increasing post count. Sad life.

Oh ok, you are away again. Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement