Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

A thread about travellers has ran for almost 11000 comments so far. It would appear someone is upset and would like to have censorship applied. Interesting that they set up a new account just today to do so. I suppose they don't want to risk a pre existing account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 SallyAnne1997

Who are you? Tubridy?!
    when i lose control, you'll know all about it

• Registered Users Posts: 67,285 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

There shouldn’t be, but unfortunately there is. There’s a saying that there’s no smoke without fire. Usually the Gardai have a fair idea of the culprits but are up against it in getting the proof necessary for prosecution.

When you strip out the infrastructure (Gardai and Garda stations)from rural areas and turn cities into have's and have not's, why are we surprised there is an epidemic of rural crime?
    There are FG-FF- and independents getting elected all around this country and it is they who are responsible for this.
    The Gardai were able to shut down organised crime for a time in this country after a journalist was shot, because they were properly resourced and backed up.

Peter Casey's solution is to remove SEMS from travellers and to stop them being people who camp on other people's land (despite the fact only a tiny minority are doing that for years now).
    I may have missed his other 'campaign solutions' but I don't think so. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

i'm telling you if you don't take the word out of the op you will regret it

https://youtu.be/JQxWP1EHFo4

good luck with your thread me and my group are going to send in a complaint, take care god bless

I know someone else that is in a group that sent in a complaint. A familiar claim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭greenpilot

good luck with your thread
    My group and I are going to send in a complaint,
    take care god bless

Good luck. Jackman. Fixed that for you. ��

me and my group are going to send in a complaint,
    take care god bless

Would you mind telling us who you’re group is? To me, Boards is a platform for discussion. The topics are many and varied. The discussions are personal. Not promoted by any group. They can get heated, but are a valuable source of debate and information.

Would you mind telling us who you’re group is? To me, Boards is a platform for discussion. The topics are many and varied. The discussions are personal. Not promoted by any group. They can get heated, but are a valuable source of debate and information.

only trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

A thread about travellers has ran for almost 11000 comments so far. It would appear someone is upset and would like to have censorship applied. Interesting that they set up a new account just today to do so. I suppose they don't want to risk a pre existing account.

But they have the backing of 'the group'!
    only trolling

Sorry, is this an admission that this is a troll account? Like 'don't worry, I'm only trolling'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

me and my group are going to send in a complaint,
    take care god bless

Is that Bono from U2 looking for the next crusade?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

only trolling

No kidding!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Saw the late late interview tonight. Ryan Tubridy was a disgrace in it. Ambushed Casey. Pure cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,913 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Move on folks, back to the banter/discussion. Oxygen deprived results in......Troll death!

But they have the backing of 'the group'!

Sorry, is this an admission that this is a troll account? Like 'don't worry, I'm only trolling'?

no that was satire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/judge-threatens-trump-solution-wall-between-warring-neighbours-1.3687451

Whats the story with the travellers and their involvement in this court case.

Anyone local know the background to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

tretorn wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/judge-threatens-trump-solution-wall-between-warring-neighbours-1.3687451

Whats the story with the travellers and their involvement in this court case.

Anyone local know the background to it.

Connors eh?? Very suspect.....

Were they supposed to build the wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

no that was satire

No it wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Just saw a hot of the late late show that I had missed - the Mary Robinson interview. It was quite sickening to realise that tubs was pushing the same nonsense in that interview. Tubs asks Mary Robinson about trump. She gives her opinion which was nm to very flattering. No problem with that but Tubs then linked it straight into Peter Casey discussion so as to say..... They have their lunatic and we have ours.
    It would be funny if it was a sketch show. Not funny at all when state broadcaster, media and government are all behind this.
    Seeing what happened Garda Maurice McCabe, Casey would want to watch his back.
    Expecting some outrageous, untrue headlines about Casey in run up to General Election.

mickdw wrote:
    Just saw a hot of the late late show that I had missed - the Mary Robinson interview. It was quite sickening to realise that tubs was pushing the same nonsense in that interview. Tubs asks Mary Robinson about trump. She gives her opinion which was nm to very flattering. No problem with that but Tubs then linked it straight into Peter Casey discussion so as to say..... They have their lunatic and we have ours. It would be funny if it was a sketch show. Not funny at all when state broadcaster, media and government are all behind this. Seeing what happened Garda Maurice McCabe, Casey would want to watch his back. Expecting some outrageous, untrue headlines about Casey in run up to General Election.

Casey was pretty terrible in the interview, Tubridy by his unprofessionalism along with the Pavee Point posse did Casey a massive favour and garned some more support for him. I know there are some here that wouldn't acknowledge that but that's my opinion and to me that's all that counts.

Casey was pretty terrible in the interview, Tubridy by his unprofessionalism along with the Pavee Point posse did Casey a massive favour and garned some more support for him. I know there are some here that wouldn't acknowledge that but that's my opinion and to me that's all that counts.

Has there been an election? How do you know this nugget? Casey's once again, curates egg performance of some personable chat and bizzare suggestions (direct provision in the Phoenix Prk :):)) could just have easily taken support away.

You don't get to be Taoiseach just because Ryan was rude to you.

• Advertisement

Has there been an election? How do you know this nugget? Casey's once again, curates egg performance of some personable chat and bizzare suggestions (direct provision in the Phoenix Prk ) could just have easily taken support away.

Oh I'm sorry did you miss where I said I wouldn't be engaging in your provocative bs any further please take this as my final comment to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I have been debating the quality of his message since, honestly. Of course 2-23% was a big jump, but it didn't happen on the back of what he was offering coming into the race. Until he threw his grenade - 1% were going to back him.

He didn't reveal his feelings towards travellers to his nominators, as Caseyites admit, he saved them for a critical juncture were he himself introduced them into a discussion on homelessness.

You're giving him some credit there. Imagine being able to plan that and have it come true after you saying he wasn't the brightest.
    Flip flop Francie.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

WHATS YOUR POINT
    I HAVE REEN READING THIS BOARD FOR 3 WEEKS,
    I ONLY WENT THRU THE HASSLE OF SIGNING UP BECAUSE I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE VOCABULARY IN THE OP
    RESPECT IS A 2 WAY STREET

Erm this was my post.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    You should be kinder to someone new. It's only the start of the road for them here.

I was telling them to be more understanding with someone new. No need for all capital letters, makes you look like you're at the end of the road patience-wise for no reason. I was trying to be sound to someone only beginning on boards.ie

You're giving him some credit there. Imagine being able to plan that and have it come true after you saying he wasn't the brightest.
    Flip flop Francie.

He doesn't have to be bright to watch what happens in the rest of the world when somebody who wants to lead a country targets a minority.
    Casey had a choice here, he could have gone for travellers or immigrants, his vote would have come out around the same imo.

There was always that cohort there for anybody to take if they were so minded.

He didn't reveal his feelings towards travellers to his nominators, as Caseyites admit, he saved them for a critical juncture were he himself introduced them into a discussion on homelessness.

We've all heard the racist/fascist/bigot tags but yet it still goes on ages after the fact. Are people not allowed to simply avail of their democratic right and cast a vote without having a label slapped on them?

Omackeral wrote: »
    We've all heard the racist/fascist/bigot tags but yet it still goes on ages after the fact. Are people not allowed to simply avail of their democratic right and cast a vote without having a label slapped on them?

It's handier than typing Casey supporters, which is itself a label.

i'm telling you if you don't take the word out of the op you will regret it

tenor.gif

Omackeral wrote:

Why even engage with him? His only goal is to antagonise and provoke an actionable reply. He only respects the democratic process if it suits his narrow narrative .

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

He doesn't have to be bright to watch what happens in the rest of the world when somebody who wants to lead a country targets a minority.
    Casey had a choice here, he could have gone for travellers or immigrants, his vote would have come out around the same imo.

There was always that cohort there for anybody to take if they were so minded.

So do you think he planned it or stumbled on it by accident?

• Advertisement

So do you think he planned it or stumbled on it by accident?

I'd imagine crisis meeting at 1% - main topic on the agenda - how do we make Peter relevant coz the diaspora sure as f*** isn't working.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement