Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

iamtony wrote: »
    The mods deleted it from my post but they can't delete from my memory:pac:
    No biggie;)

If it's any consolation there are literally 100s of cool surprises in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

Banjo wrote: »
    How does it compare to the last one, on Wii U and 3DS? I found that a little empty unless you were playing it online or vs.

Mostly just there is a ton of content.

All 74 characters have a classic mode consisting of a few themed fights and a themed boss battle.

World of Light mode has 600+ unique battles of varying difficulties.

There is also a side option called spirit board that also offers unique fights and a minigame to unlock more spirits.

Folks, saying about difficult fights in World of Light sometimes it helps to come back to those harder ones later, usually you have a few paths open at once. Also if you look through your spirits you will find maybe that specific ones are useful for specific fights. Also level up your spirits too!

So even if you NEVER touch online or multiplayer you are probably looking at 50 odd hours of content here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'd be up for playing online with a few people here so we all have a similar connection / experience.

I would rank myself as a complete scrub (first time smash player) and just out to play for funsies with likeminded players.

My Nintendo profile name is : seantheman
    FC : SW-1324-50001-0844

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

How does it compare to the last one, on Wii U and 3DS? I found that a little empty unless you were playing it online or vs.

Also :

does the Switch use the same adapter as the WiiU did, by any chance?

It might work, depends what one you have i guess, i have seen some adaptors with 2 settings, one for PC and the flipping the switch changes it to "Wii U/Switch" So they use the same channel it appears, but not sure if that'd be the same for all adaptors. Trial and error i guess, let me know how you get on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

nix wrote: »
    It might work, depends what one you have i guess, i have seen some adaptors with 2 settings, one for PC and the flipping the switch changes it to "Wii U/Switch" So they use the same channel it appears, but not sure if that'd be the same for all adaptors. Trial and error i guess, let me know how you get on :pac:

Mine is the Nintendo official one not the Mayflash - not sure it's worth me buying smash just to find out if it works, but I have a terrible feeling that by reading this thread I'm acquiescing to an inevitable purchase....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Day 2: Found the tutorial video in the vault section. A massive help. It has put a bit more structure on my gameplay (previous gameplay = button mash).
    Tried World of Light out. Seems like a fun addition.
    Few more characters unlocked. All in all, this game is ace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Mine is the Nintendo official one not the Mayflash - not sure it's worth me buying smash just to find out if it works, but I have a terrible feeling that by reading this thread I'm acquiescing to an inevitable purchase....

Well im sure the pad works on any game, so no need to smash if ya dont want to :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I've an arena open if anyone want to join, go to online, arena and search friends and you should find it. It's public so hopefully I get some other opponents while I'm waiting.

I've an arena open if anyone want to join, go to online, arena and search friends and you should find it. It's public so hopefully I get some other opponents while I'm waiting.

Actually screw that I got bored waiting on my own lol.

Actually screw that I got bored waiting on my own lol.

was watchin the footy.
    I think I added everyones Nintendo IDs earlier so I'll be about over the coming days

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    was watchin the footy.
    I think I added everyones Nintendo IDs earlier so I'll be about over the coming days

Just added you!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

SUPER SMASH BROS - Stunt Tribute!
    Professional stuntmen create the "Ultimate" SUPER SMASH BROS inspired fight!

These stuntmen have doubled TV stars (including Negan in The Walking Dead and MacGyver) and performed stunts in Marvel films. In their personal time, they explore new choreography and stunt ideas...sometimes taking on the roles of their favorite video game characters.

Filmed and directed by indie action filmmaker Micah Moore, creator of "Mario Warfare" and "Modern War Gear Solid."

Filmed at Atlanta Judo Midtown.

Special thanks to Wulfgar Weapons & Props for making Falcon's helmet, Ness' Yoyo, and upgrading Link's sword and shield.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rJNQB2gcIQU

sligeach wrote: »
    That's very good, I've no idea how they pulled off some of that stuff.

I was supposed to be in bed at 11 but I couldn't drag myself away from smash. Great fun that game is. Some of the matches with the items are crazy ha ha.
    I was just playing quick matches but when I found guys around my skill level I kept rematching them and so did they it was great.
    I was having lag for the first few matches and I was cursing everyone but turned out it was me:o quick modem reset and all matches from smooth from then on.
    Finally getting a bit of a handle on ryu.
    Anyway off to bed.

10 Secrets Hidden Off-Screen in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Easter Eggs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfU5AdmhtWA

This is a great video, with some Easter Eggs better than others. The last stage shown for me is probably the most impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

My friend code is SW-0645-9898-7478 if anyone wants to add me to have a game of smash

rejkin wrote: »
    My friend code is SW-0645-9898-7478 if anyone wants to add me to have a game of smash

I'll add ye...but....the online features are useless.
    How am I meant to contact friends...I have to download that nintendo app...seriously ?
    No option to add or invite via the actual console or game.
    I don't know why I paid 20 for this service.

SeantheMan wrote: »

I'll add ye...but....the online features are useless.
    How am I meant to contact friends...I have to download that nintendo app...seriously ?
    No option to add or invite via the actual console or game.
    I don't know why I paid 20 for this service.

Bloody hell,you're right. I don't bother with the app. Seems to be next to useless setting up the arena.
    I guess there had to be something negative to say about this game!

Bloody hell,you're right. I don't bother with the app. Seems to be next to useless setting up the arena.
    I guess there had to be something negative to say about this game!

I can see 4 friends from here online playin smash atm.
    I have no way to message any of them to have a game.
    There is no ingame invite or chat.
    I downloaded the app... it also doesn't have any friend options either.

This stuff was sorted in the 90's, seriously how bad are Nintendo.
    Indefensible.... I don't know what or how the fanboys argue their side.

• Advertisement

For those on here who play smash, like the 5 tonight....I think the best thing to do would be to choose an evening each week,
    Example Thursdays at 8.30pm as a "Boards fight night"

A room could be made on SSB titled Boardsies and assuming we have all added each others Nintendo ID's , then we could search for the lobby via friends, or by name and then just have some random battles for an hour or 2.

I'm not really sure, but it's an idea as I can't see any other way around Nintendo's useless system other than having all of you guy's real contact numbers for a Whatsapp group (which noone would really want I'm sure) or else everyone having to download discord or some chat app onto our phones....which is also just another annoyance.

I'm open to any ideas

Some of your ideas are too modern and don't really fit with the aesthetic of the Nintendo Online service. How about if the first player - he with the mark - doth slaughter a chicken in the manner of old, taking care to read gizzard and gut wi' eyes that pierce the veil. If the augers be good, tis Smashin' time, else the harvest be failin' this year.

Sounds good.
    Can even just post on this if you're up for a game.
    It is a bit of a farce considering how easy it is on all other consoles.

Nintendo's next Labo kit and solution to all your problems.
    paper-cup-phone.jpg

Or you can pay extra for the wireless option.
    technology-wireless-phones-cup_phones-phone-mobile-nfkn515_low.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Why would they change their online structure from how it is for Mario Kart and Splatoon, since those work?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Why would they change their online structure from how it is for Mario Kart and Splatoon, since those work?

Because they're charging for it now, so they should be delivering something in exchange for that service. The current model of "take the money and let the players find and host each other" isn't a service, it's a pyramid scheme. They can no longer hide their inadequacies behind "...but it's free" so they need to up their game. Except more than 50% bought a 1 year sub so they won't even know it's inadequate till next autumn when the renewals are disappointing, by which point it'll be too late to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Anyone noticed that in adventure mode the map just pans down (not a dodgy JoyCon only just had it replaced and only hsppend5on this screen)?

Also are they some battles where "A" doesn't work? Like how are you meant to win if you cant punch or use weapon? What's up with that!

Grassey wrote: »
    Anyone noticed that in adventure mode the map just pans down (not a dodgy JoyCon only just had it replaced and only hsppend5on this screen)?

Also are they some battles where "A" doesn't work? Like how are you meant to win if you cant punch or use weapon? What's up with that!

I changed my controls. B needed to be jump for me, X normal, Y special

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

So far I had one online game. All others had server errors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Played a few online games last night. One game froze for about 5 seconds. The rest were fine. Needless to say I didn't win one match.
    The first update has just been rolled out.

Advertisement