Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Mr E wrote: »
    Boss fights or new challengers approaching?

I played a bit of this on my nephew's switch over the last few days and I'm a covert. It's a great game and I'll be picking it up myself during the week.

However, I watched him play a 4 player online game and it was horrific and unplayable. The screen froze about once a second. Play for a second, freeze for a second, play for a second... Awful. Not sure how Nintendo let it out in that state to be honest. It's not like them to release something as broken as that.
    Check your own Internet before complaining, I actually called virgin out to the house over the Internet spurred on by smash and he ran a new cable into the sitting room where I play mostly and I seperated out my 2.4 and the 5ghz signals and the switch are on 5ghz and I haven't seen much stuttering since. I was the problem:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

iamtony wrote: »
    Check your own Internet before complaining,

Relax, doesnt mean problems he suffered were same as your own, ive seen and read of plenty of issues with playing smash online. It's a common issue with p2p and especially in smash.

nix wrote: »
    Relax, doesnt mean problems he suffered were same as your own, ive seen and read of plenty of issues with playing smash online. It's a common issue with p2p and especially in smash.

I'm very relaxed thanks, in bed actually. It wasn't meant to be a smart comment I know it's a problem but when it's happening on most matches your playing I'd hazard the guess your the problem. Once my modem was close to my switch most matches were smooth after that. Maybe 1 in 10 might stutter a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,801 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Finally sat down and played this for the first time since Christmas Day. Just playing through World of Light, mainly with Yoshi and Kirby. Jump and Down B is great, unless on a platform over a hole that Yoshi goes through and dies.

Outside of the more powerful spirit fights, the ones I dislike are ones where you have to beat an opponent within a time limit and they keep running away while others fight for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Pimp My Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Ultimate Edition

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YOiuft-bfYs

This looks really nice, this is what Nintendo should be doing with their Limited Editions, rather than the bit of tokenism most of them have.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I saw this posted on Facebook this morning.... It's really well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,801 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Got to the final boss. After dying a few times, I decided best go to bed. Luckily I resisted the urge to use the portable aspect

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

GHTQFyc.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 27,812 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just got this today and I'm so lost its not even funny. There's so much to get my head around and I haven't a clue how to fight properly.

I have won lots by button mashing though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Just got this today and I'm so lost its not even funny. There's so much to get my head around and I haven't a clue how to fight properly.

I'm slowly getting the hang of it. If you don't know what Spirits to select before a battle just press Y on the selection screen. It'll recommend some for you. If you're stuck on a fight, take a different route. There's usually at least one other route you can take.

Its a weird game if you don't know what's going on. There's a tutorial at the start when you turn it on if you don't press anything that shows you the moves, it applies to all characters.
    The thing that got me when I first played it in Wii u was the scoring system. If you don't know it, basically you knock someone off the screen and you get a point and they loose a point after 3 minutes the one with the most points wins. The higher percentage of damage a player has the easier it is to knock them off. You tube has tutorials on each character to show the individual moves and how to use them better.

I'm slowly getting the hang of it. If you don't know what Spirits to select before a battle just press Y on the selection screen. It'll recommend some for you. If you're stuck on a fight, take a different route. There's usually at least one other route you can take.

I had used the Y button but I don't know what those Sports do. It's just me and Kirby beating people up. I can jump up high and turn into a chest/spiked ball etc or I can hit them with a hammer.

Haven't found anyone I haven't been able to beat yet and I got as far as a little mooring point but it said I can't use the boat yet.

I had used the Y button but I don't know what those Sports do. It's just me and Kirby beating people up. I can jump up high and turn into a chest/spiked ball etc or I can hit them with a hammer.

Haven't found anyone I haven't been able to beat yet and I got as far as a little mooring point but it said I can't use the boat yet.

If you highlight the spirit and press X it gives you a brief description of what that spirit does.
    Also there's a filter option if you press the right shoulder button. You can search by different characteristics on your main spirit and then other characteristics for your second and third spirits.
    I've met at least 2 characters i couldn't beat after countless tries. Took a different route and progressed no problem. With the spirits i have now i could probably go back and beat those guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

If you highlight the spirit and press X it gives you a brief description of what that spirit does.
    Also there's a filter option if you press the right shoulder button. You can search by different characteristics on your main spirit and then other characteristics for your second and third spirits.
    I've met at least 2 characters i couldn't beat after countless tries. Took a different route and progressed no problem. With the spirits i have now i could probably go back and beat those guys.

Same. There was a particularly tricky one where you had to beat Bowser. Mario, and Kirby at the same time, but the win condition was to be Sheik, who only came in after Peach reinforced the first knock out. They also had fast final smash load. Tricky :)

chrislad wrote: »
    Same. There was a particularly tricky one where you had to beat Bowser. Mario, and Kirby at the same time, but the win condition was to be Sheik, who only came in after Peach reinforced the first knock out. They also had fast final smash load. Tricky :)

I'm on a tough one now against Giga Bowser. After about 15 goes last night i gave up. Almost had him on 2 or 3 occasions. Tonight he's toast. Starting to enjoy this mode a bit more now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Kinda enjoying this in multiplayer with friends; I can't find any tutorial in the game which is weird omission with all the items and spirits. He has all the fighters unlocked which is handy.
    Unlocking new challengers is up there with parts of Red Dead 2 in terms of tedium. Play the single player for 10 minutes unlock a fight & hope you are playing as someone you like & know how to play as.
    Got absolutely killed against Marth when I had a go with just after playing as Yoshi for the first time.
    King K Tool is clearly laughably overpowered of all the fighters I've played as. The helicopter back pack was something so obviously unbalanced for a Smash game I'm surprised they included it.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eigenboggle

ERG89 wrote: »
    Kinda enjoying this in multiplayer with friends; I can't find any tutorial in the game which is weird omission with all the items and spirits. He has all the fighters unlocked which is handy.
    Unlocking new challengers is up there with parts of Red Dead 2 in terms of tedium. Play the single player for 10 minutes unlock a fight & hope you are playing as someone you like & know how to play as.
    Got absolutely killed against Marth when I had a go with just after playing as Yoshi for the first time.
    King K Tool is clearly laughably overpowered of all the fighters I've played as. The helicopter back pack was something so obviously unbalanced for a Smash game I'm surprised they included it.

If you leave the intro screen or the main menu on for a few minutes it autoplays a tutorial, not sure how in depth it is, as I haven't watched much passed the first minute or so.

Anyone know what their gsp is online? Mine is very low, 25000 with my main but the characters I rarely use are like 1.5 million. Strange.

Anyone know what their gsp is online? Mine is very low, 25000 with my main but the characters I rarely use are like 1.5 million. Strange.
    also I've noticed that when I play with Mario, my main who is 25000ish it's ALWAYS 1 VS 1 battles and the players are usually good but when I play with my no. 1 ranked player who is donkey Kong it is usually 3 or 4 players per game. I wonder whats going on their? I've no rules set or anything.
    My roster gsp is 2,121,490.

• Advertisement

also I've noticed that when I play with Mario, my main who is 25000ish it's ALWAYS 1 VS 1 battles and the players are usually good but when I play with my no. 1 ranked player who is donkey Kong it is usually 3 or 4 players per game. I wonder whats going on their? I've no rules set or anything.
    My roster gsp is 2,121,490.
    just played with Luigi, never used him before, 4 played match and was in the last 2 and lost in sudden death with the most kos and more damage given than taken. His gsp is 1,114,217 so I should be matched with harder players that mario who is 24,533 but the matches with Mario are definitely tougher. Strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Do you lose out on anything by not doing the mini r-type game at the end of Classic Mode?

fixxxer wrote: »
    Do you lose out on anything by not doing the mini r-type game at the end of Classic Mode?

Just points i think.

I just learned you can grab people last night :pac:

I just learned you can grab people last night :pac:

Yes, but what about Smash bros. :pac:

sorry couldn't help it

fixxxer wrote: »
    Yes, but what about Smash bros. :pac:

sorry couldn't help it

I've only been playing Kirby in World of Light and my moves involved using a hammer, jumping in the air and turning into a chest/block and the occasional punch :pac:

TitianGerm wrote:
    I just learned you can grab people last night

I did a lot of playing before realising the right analogue stick had a use too :o

I did a lot of playing before realising the right analogue stick had a use too :o

What's that used for?

What's that used for?

Smash Attack, can be charged too the longer you pull back the stick.

• Advertisement

Smash Attack, can be charged too the longer you pull back the stick.

What sorcery is this? This is a different attack to holding a direction and (A)?

Advertisement