Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

beejee wrote: »
    Actually interested in this! Never even saw a pc engine/turbo Grafx in real life

I've the console and the portable version, the TG-Express.
    They are incredible pieces of tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

The portable is nifty looking alright, pity they never really got going over here like the game gear and game boy. Big advantage having the console and portable be swappable for games!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

beejee wrote: »
    The portable is nifty looking alright, pity they never really got going over here like the game gear and game boy. Big advantage having the console and portable be swappable for games!

They nearly all need cap kits done at this stage.
    I can cope with the slow "warm-up" of the screen but, one day, I had no sound to speak of, so those caps were replaced and it was good to go.
    I don't know if it is friendly as the Nomad when it comes to a screen replacement, the standard installed screen isn't as bad as the original Nomad one, though the other advantages of a screen mod are the better battery consumption.
    I have seen some modifications to the TG-Express with the additon of a AV out, which is kinda cool.
    I do need an AV adaptor for my TG-16 though, Kerbdog performed miracles with one a number of years ago but it could really do with a neater one.
    I also have a Turbo Everdrive, giving me access to the entire back catalogue of the PC Engine/TG-16, so that's cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

May jump in on these at some point, obscure but quality stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Fecking eBay sellers,

Just got a few SNES games for a great deal with free shipping on the listing. Now the sellers invoice has a whopper shipping price added....in the description he said at the bottom that buyers must account for the shipping price themselves. My fault for not reading it but really ****ty listing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,956 ✭✭✭Doge

Fecking eBay sellers,

Just got a few SNES games for a great deal with free shipping on the listing. Now the sellers invoice has a whopper shipping price added....in the description he said at the bottom that buyers must account for the shipping price themselves. My fault for not reading it but really ****ty listing

Which country are they shipping it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

My fault for not reading it but really ****ty listing
    are they allowed to do this?

Thought it would be against ebay rules.

Doge wrote: »
    Which country are they shipping it from?

Germany apperantly. Even though it's on eBay.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

rubadub wrote: »
    are they allowed to do this?

Thought it would be against ebay rules.

It is, they are not allowed to charge outside of the listing. If it is listed in the final price there is nothing you can do about it though.

• Advertisement

i,
    I wasn't able to specifiy the shipping costs during the creation of the auction, because eBay stated that the costs where too high (although they are calculated correctly). That's why I added the following sentence to the item description:

"Shipped with DHL from Germany. UK buyers please choose 9 GBP "Standard Delivery from outside UK" shipping during checkout. I only ship to the UK and Germany."

It appears that you did not read this?

If you want to withdraw your winning bid: that would be okay with me. I'll offer the games to one of the other bidders then. Just let me know.

Thank you,

There's the message I just got off him

All new character revealed for Streets of Rage 4, seems like a cross between Skate and Zan.

Looks like there's one or maybe 2 more characters still to be revealed, that thumbnail has a kind of cyborg character outlined and maybe one more behind them? I'd love if that was a cyborg max!

Art looks way better in that trailer, really can't for this now.

Art looks way better in that trailer, really can't for this now.

Yeah I didn't realise the background had parallax scrolling both vertically and horizontally.

The city skyline looks awesome.

PSIO has gotten the clone treatment, still too much at $100 but the price will surely drop a bit more.
    As far as I know the original devs use some fairly draconian methods to release firmware updates so future support of these clones may be impossible.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000076326678.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.5fce7511tMEDrd&algo_pvid=71627b24-ed7f-46ce-8c69-eabd2c0a6013&algo_expid=71627b24-ed7f-46ce-8c69-eabd2c0a6013-0&btsid=16fce873-9c37-4674-b47c-0b90d7348d0f&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_7,searchweb201603_52

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

But its got some really cool features :D

5. Special design, refined appearance, let you fondle admiringly.
    PSIO has gotten the clone treatment, still too much at $100 but the price will surely drop a bit more.
    As far as I know the original devs use some fairly draconian methods to release firmware updates so future support of these clones may be impossible.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000076326678.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.5fce7511tMEDrd&algo_pvid=71627b24-ed7f-46ce-8c69-eabd2c0a6013&algo_expid=71627b24-ed7f-46ce-8c69-eabd2c0a6013-0&btsid=16fce873-9c37-4674-b47c-0b90d7348d0f&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_7,searchweb201603_52

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭Inviere

Cracking video here, and a download link for an unreleased Xbox game (with permission, as per video)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Here lads, what's the going rate for a CIB, new and sealed Metroid Prime Trilogy? All I sees on Ebay sold listings is $150-200 US based listings that seems way too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭Inviere

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Here lads, what's the going rate for a CIB, new and sealed Metroid Prime Trilogy? All I sees on Ebay sold listings is $150-200 US based listings that seems way too much.

The great Tesco fountain of 2xxx killed the values, not sure what they're worth now, but nowhere near what they once were.

Inviere wrote: »
    The great Tesco fountain of 2xxx killed the values, not sure what they're worth now, but nowhere near what they once were.

I dare say the Wii U VC re-release did even more to its premium. I actually just finished the last game I'd nabbed from the Tesco purge. Very strange/rewarding time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Yup, they seem to have updates quite locked down so best of luck whoever buys one from Ali but in saying that there hasn't been an update in awhile

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Inviere wrote: »

Some say the Great Tesco clearout never happened, that it was merely a fiction propagated on message boards by a sly supermarket marketer.

Others claim it was the proletariat rising up against a corporate oppressor: taking advantage of a commercial slip-up to damage the finances and reputation of an omnipotent megacorp.

Others say they still nurse their still-in-wrapping copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy on dark, cold winter evenings, a single tear rolling down their cheek as they recall the last great widespread bargain sesh before physical copies of games became an endangered species.

People say many things.

I knew a good tesco bargain post would drag someone out of the woodwork.

It all happened so fast really I dont remember it too much. One minute I was buying some hob nobs and the next I was walking into cex with stacks of ocarina of time for the 3ds and Metroid trilogy.....some people said we were dreaming.....others said we were mad.....they were both right!

I seem to remember a great many people hearing of gloating about multiple purchases, followed closely by their sale for inflated prices. And, so it was written, there was much gnashing of teeth and flouncing off Boards, never to return, like a petulant child.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »

But, srsly, it's popping up in CEX from time to time around the €50 mark.
    Yup, and there's a few in stock too
    https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=045496901677&categoryName=wii-software&superCatName=gaming&title=metroid-prime-trilogy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I seem to remember a great many people hearing of gloating about multiple purchases, followed closely by their sale for inflated prices. And, so it was written, there was much gnashing of teeth and flouncing off Boards, never to return, like a petulant child.

3crossesHeWillReturn.jpg

5. Special design, refined appearance, let you fondle admiringly.

https://youtu.be/bNP7uQQT-oo?t=160

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Did someone say tesco bargains?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

38hmm5.jpg

• Advertisement

Did anyone's Tesco have a weird, prolonged hangover where the odd game would turn up months/years later? The purge was what, 2013? I recall picking up a copy of Mario Galaxy for pennies in September 2016. I still look, just in case.

Advertisement