Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda recruitment 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tomtom18

Ciara2018 wrote: »
    I failed by 1 point too in verbal comprehension and I just emailed them to see and they said they would recheck it for me and get back to me

Hi Ciara,

Same missed out by a point. What email address did you use to contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 lucymangoo96

Never been as happy, got in the late 200's.. honestly thought that was then end of me when I did those tests!

I see they've lowered the pass mark considerably. Makes sense seeing as everyone found them so difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ash_Ha

Got good news today! Placed in the 300's. Is anyone unable to make a booking for phase 2? When I go into the my bookings section on Public Jobs it says I have no bookings available :/ Hopefully it will update itself soon.

Also can anyone tell me if the fitness test happens in Phase 2 or is that later?

You won’t be called for a fitness test until at least December.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ciara2018

tomtom18 wrote: »
    Hi Ciara,

Same missed out by a point. What email address did you use to contact them?

Gardatrainee2019@careerjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EmilyMcT

I scored in the high 200's I'm not sure why I cant access bookings the "my bookings" section isn't even there for me to click... anyone else

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Crafty_Veteran

Hi Guys

Is anyone else deferring their stage 2? I heard they have another round in September or October.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JackB27

I placed in the early 600’s. I am delighted as I really struggled with the logical reasoning assessment. I will have to do some work on them for Stage 2. Well done to every one who passed. To all who didn’t keep your heads up there is always next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 WhatsUp2014

Jamie13 wrote: »
    Weird didn’t think more then one person could get the same number
    I also got 1899 that’s 3 people so far ?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Monkeysgomad

Hi Guys

Is anyone else deferring their stage 2? I heard they have another round in September or October.

Is that a new intake in sept?

How do they mark them? I did fairly well above all qualifying scores obviously I f*cked up the timing leaving it open all day. Didn’t make the first 900 thkugh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Crafty_Veteran

No not a new intake. I think its just another round of Stage 2 for people who need to defer etc. I'm just waiting for further confirmation

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

How do they mark them? I did fairly well above all qualifying scores obviously I f*cked up the timing leaving it open all day. Didn’t make the first 900 thkugh

I did the exact same, ranked 1299. Scored high in all 3 but I’d say I took too long in doing them and that’s why I’m placed where I am. Anyone any idea how much of an impact timing takes on results ?

No not a new intake. I think its just another round of Stage 2 for people who need to defer etc. I'm just waiting for further confirmation

Wonder how many rounds they will do out if this intake

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Slic

I passed just over 2000 but I was shocked not seen a timer I thought i was still doing examples at one point I clicked in on a new page and about to log back in to restart, I was thinking on getting out of it and restarting, I'm glad I didn't thou, Just a wait to be called in.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Huge congratulations to all who received results! If you passed and progressed onto stage 2. Well done! I got an OOM of 2000’s which isn’t great! But glad to have passed. I guess it’s a longer wait for anyone over the 900’s pass mark.. wish everyone going forward! Let’s smash it! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanD123

Anyone have any idea how many places are available for this years recruitment?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BuzzMcdonnell

SeanD123 wrote: »

I think they expect to take in 800 for training in 2020, but this will include candidates from previous recruitment drives too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I am sure this has happened previously! Ye have placed all at 1899. That's just your result. That's all. OOM is given when you get stage 2 results, everyone then has a unique OOM (Order of Merit).

EDIT: Passed myself.

Slic wrote: »
    I passed just over 2000 but I was shocked not seen a timer I thought i was still doing examples at one point I clicked in on a new page and about to log back in to restart, I was thinking on getting out of it and restarting, I'm glad I didn't thou, Just a wait to be called in.

I thought it was examples as well🙄

SeanD123 wrote: »

There was a number set at 800 but then I read somewhere than Drew Harris reduced it to 600. By 2020 it’ll be the last recruitment and they hope to reach the force increased target. After that I’d shame they’d focus more of reserves and then probably won’t recruit till years down the line.

• Advertisement

Guys I’m going to set up a new post for all who progressed into stage 2. If y’all could keep everyone updated and follow ðŸ˜

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    There was a number set at 800 but then I read somewhere than Drew Harris reduced it to 600. By 2020 it’ll be the last recruitment and they hope to reach the force increased target. After that I’d shame they’d focus more of reserves and then probably won’t recruit till years down the line.

They won’t stop recruitment, the gardai have said they want seamless recruitment. They will need to recruit at least a couple hundred a year to keep up with retirements.
    So as long as the economy stays in a half decent shape they’ll keep recruiting.

They won’t stop recruitment, the gardai have said they want seamless recruitment. They will need to recruit at least a couple hundred a year to keep up with retirements.
    So as long as the economy stays in a half decent shape they’ll keep recruiting.

That’s great news! Tbh, that’s how I felt. I was loosing all my faith & dreams of becoming a guard & reaching a dream career of mine!

That’s great news! Tbh, that’s how I felt. I was loosing all my faith & dreams of becoming a guard & reaching a dream career of mine!

Have you progressed to stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

Jecz wrote: »
    Would a diploma get you any advance on the pay scale?
    Apologies, I only saw this now. Possibly is basically my answer. Is it a higher diploma?

Iirc you only get a bump if you have a level 8 education or higher. That would consist of a higher diploma, Honours Bachelor degree, Masters, Post-Grad and PhD.

You also get a bump if you got a C or higher in the leaving cert in higher mathematics and either English or Irish, but the bump is only 1 point of scale, whereas it's 3 for the level 8 degree.

Just fyi, I read something about this a few months ago and can't find it again, so it may not be accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aineod97

I got 1899 also.. so confused

Aineod97 wrote: »
    I got 1899 also.. so confused

Very unusual I definitely don’t get it ,

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Slic

Guys I’m going to set up a new post for all who progressed into stage 2. If y’all could keep everyone updated and follow ðŸ˜

Put the name of it in the group so we can see it pal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Apologies, I only saw this now. Possibly is basically my answer. Is it a higher diploma?

Iirc you only get a bump if you have a level 8 education or higher. That would consist of a higher diploma, Honours Bachelor degree, Masters, Post-Grad and PhD.

You also get a bump if you got a C or higher in the leaving cert in higher mathematics and either English or Irish, but the bump is only 1 point of scale, whereas it's 3 for the level 8 degree.

Just fyi, I read something about this a few months ago and can't find it again, so it may not be accurate.

Level 7 or 8 or higher full time degree as far as I am aware. Part time not included from what I remember reading somewhere.

I could be wrong though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

Slic wrote: »
    Put the name of it in the group so we can see it pal.

Here's the link - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110372633

Advertisement