Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda recruitment 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

Im 328, it says im invited to stage two and to book it there but there is no booking open, it said it should be open!? anyone else having this issue??

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Whitsundays93

Got good news today! Placed in the 300's. Is anyone unable to make a booking for phase 2? When I go into the my bookings section on Public Jobs it says I have no bookings available :/ Hopefully it will update itself soon.

Also can anyone tell me if the fitness test happens in Phase 2 or is that later?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dave143

Placed 92 happy out. Congrats guys

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BuzzMcdonnell

I also can’t book anything at the moment, I’m sure we’ll be able to soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Phillip k

Placed in the low 600s well done to everyone who got through to stage 2 .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanD123

sazxox wrote: »
    Im 328, it says im invited to stage two and to book it there but there is no booking open, it said it should be open!? anyone else having this issue??

Hey I'm the same, I'm sure itll open soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Kevin17W

Got good news today! Placed in the 300's. Is anyone unable to make a booking for phase 2? When I go into the my bookings section on Public Jobs it says I have no bookings available :/ Hopefully it will update itself soon.

Also can anyone tell me if the fitness test happens in Phase 2 or is that later?

Stage 2 is repeat of verbal and logical along with report writing and job simulation exercises.
    Stage 3 interview
    Then fitness
    Then medical

Kevin17W wrote: »
    Stage 2 is repeat of verbal and logical along with report writing and job simulation exercises.
    Stage 3 interview
    Then fitness
    Then medical

That's a relief, I'm recovering from a knee injury do was worried I wouldn't pass the bleep test! Better start training :P

Congrats to everyone and good luck in the next round!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Placed in 70s well done to all that applied

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nel26

Got placed 1222! hopefully a shot for stage 2! :)
    Well done everyone for getting through and best of luck

• Advertisement

The booking page has just opened for me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LuimneachLad15

Placed mid 1000s, should I keep the faith that I’ll get through or anyone have an idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

Booking open :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 maryf97

Placed in the 700’s! Was very doubtful I’d progress so I’m quite happy. Well done to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Kevin17W

I would advise anyone that passed and is invited to stage 2 regardless of placing number to go and complete it, you never know where your luck is.
    We were told before that many don’t complete the process and some fail various stages so again you never know a mid 1000 could easily end up a high hundred later on in the process

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Slic

I passed skin of my teeth 😂 delighted didn't get into the 900s but it's something.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 xXxshoshxXx

First time taking the exam. Placed early 2000s. Anyone know what the chances are of actually progressing or should I give up all hope now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 EventHorizon88

Missed out on 1 point in the assessment questionnaire due to messing up with how i answered my first few questions. Scored high in the other exams though. I wonder would i be at anything asking for a recheck of results?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

Got placed 362 so delighted with that! :)

Congrat's to all on results, regardless of your number, it was not an easy Stage to start with!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 xXxshoshxXx

Missed out on 1 point in the assessment questionnaire due to messing up with how i answered my first few questions. Scored high in the other exams though. I wonder would i be at anything asking for a recheck of results?

I think it would define be worth it :) good luck

• Advertisement

No harm in asking, the worst that can happen is that they say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

First time taking the exam. Placed early 2000s. Anyone know what the chances are of actually progressing or should I give up all hope now?

You’ll be waiting years, fresh application next year will do rightly

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

Anyone know how many people actually applied???

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jamie13

I got 1899 any chance I could get in this year

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ciara2018

I failed by 1 point too in verbal comprehension and I just emailed them to see and they said they would recheck it for me and get back to me

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TomLawrence4

Jamie13 wrote: »
    I got 1899 any chance I could get in this year

I also got 1899..

How does that work then?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jamie13

I also got 1899..

How does that work then?

Weird didn’t think more then one person could get the same number

I also got 1899..

How does that work then?

Possibly you got equal scores in all the tests?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TomLawrence4

Jamie13 wrote: »
    Weird didn’t think more then one person could get the same number

Yeah I saw your comment and thought it was very strange. 🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 tomtom18

Hi Ciara,

Same missed out by a point. What email address did you use to contact them?

Advertisement